February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread/Labor Watch/Stillpregnant Chatter w/o 2/13

Re: Symptoms Thread/Labor Watch/Stillpregnant Chatter w/o 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • I keep getting anxious that I'm not noticing the baby move much while I'm doing my regular activities, so I'll sit down and do a kick count and it's fine. . . I don't know if I'm so used to the kicks now that I don't notice as much or if she moved positions and is now completely facing my insides with her back facing out (which I think is a  good birthing position). Ugh just want her on the outside so I can see her breathe and move :(

It seems like there's hardly any of us left waiting and it's not even halfway through the month yet!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger the nesting fairy completely skipped me. But I traded baby snuggles with my mom to clean my house. She was all for it. She told me "I get baby snuggles without all the work and you get a clean house without all the work." I still need to clean the bathroom though...
  • I've been fighting a nasty cold all weekend and it doesn't seem to be letting up at all. That, on top of my pelvic pain (baby's head is almost at 0 station), are making me miserable at work today. Trying to see how long I last before I ask my boss to leave early. Probably more of a bitchfest post than symptoms at this point  :D
  • I have contractions through out the day too but they vary in intensity and never get into a regular pattern. I've been holding my 2 year old and doing squats to see if that changes anything lol. 

I'm also getting tired of everyone asking how I'm feeling. I'm tired, swollen, uncomfortable and I feel like Jabba the Hutt. 
  • @lfrank12 Leave work early! You want to get over the cold asap so you don't go into labor with a cold.
  • Symptoms for me- lots of low cramping, contractions with movement but nothing significant. Recap in my life: last Wednesday I woke up doing all the pooping and having contractions. I drove my kids to school and then squeezed myself into the chiropractor (lol literally showed up before they opened and asked to be adjusted), went home, things intensified, called DH home from work, things stopped. Went to MW and I was at a squishy 2, but not in labor. Got home and felt sick- nauseated and more BMs, but they were much grosser. Looks like it was a stomach flu because that was my next 48 hours or so. Friday at work I passed some MP and my MW wanted to check me and see if I was any more dilated and for fluids. I was 3 then and she gave me IV fluids+sugars and Zofran and told me to stay off my feet to stave off labor until I could recuperate. Friday night started sneezing and leaking from my nose and eyes so I took some Emergen-C at the suggestion of the midwives. I am doing much better now and ready whenever this LO is. Today is my official MW- charted EDD. Tomorrow is mine based on ovulation.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Awww I love it @peachesnbean! I miss Zumba. I will definitely do the videos! I used to go a few times a week but then my instructor left and the replacement just wasn't cutting it. I will definitely give it a try. I am all sorts of crampy from the membrane sweep but nothing I can time just yet and it mostly stops if I rest. Sounds similar to what you're feeling @Alijorgensen29. I think if I do need an induction it will be as smooth an experience as possible. I don't know if they'd go right to breaking my water with the GBS but they definitely work up slowly on the pitocin. They also use telemetry monitoring so I can still move around.

@LivingLaVidaGinger I pretty much missed the nesting bug, too. I am making myself clean right now since I have a clear deadline in sight and it will keep me on my feet to help move things along, but left to my own instincts I would be couch chilling until this baby shows up. 
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited February 2017

Symptoms for me continue with what I've had for a bit now - and it seems most of us are feeling the same stuff! Lots of crampiness, soooo much pressure that walking is miserable, moving is hard, contractions that aren't always time able.... just enough to NOT warrant a call in.

We FINALLY DTD Saturday night which triggered the worst contractions that I felt in my back too. But they only lasted 11pm - 4am and then fizzled. I'm so bummed and want to do things like put my socks on without being in pain. Continuing with EPO, RRL tea, yoga ball and squats and hoping for some progress come my appointment Thursday. Hang in there ladies, we are getting so close to outside babies!

• @krob Sorry you are feeling so down. Going through hours of contractions that aren't going anywhere sounds miserable. Hoping your cervical check gives you some positive news!
  • I honestly feel discouraged by my lack of symptoms after reading what everyone else is experiencing... I have some pressure low down, but nothing terrible (still not waddling!). Occasional cramping low down, and a lot of BH contractions, but that's it. Haven't lost my MP (or if I did I didn't notice), no increased discharge... I have my 39 week appointment today, and I will have them check my cervix, but I am dreading them telling me I am not dilated at all or soft or effaced. Ugh, I want this kid out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin don't feel too discouraged! I didn't feel any contractions and didnt lose my MP until the day that I went into labor. So no symptoms doesn't necessarily mean nothing is going on!

• It seems like there's hardly any of us left waiting and it's not even halfway through the month yet!
    That's what it feels like for me, too!

SO landed on Saturday, so IMHO baby is free to turn up anytime. No really. Now would be amazing. But she seems happy where she is. EDD is Wednesday and the clinic induces at 41 weeks, so it's not like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm done. So uncomfortable right now. 

Will try out the zumba videos tomorrow @peachesnbean, even if it's only to give me the feeling that I'm doing something besides complaining. 
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Probably not a symptom but for the last 3 nights, I've had dreams about having my bloody show. I always wake up weirded out/disappointed
  • I don't think I've had any contractions yet, occasional crampiness but nothing painful or serious feeling.  I have a ton of really low pressure and occasional cervix pain but not much else.  I have my 40 week appt on Tues and doc will sweep my membranes.  Hoping that gets something going.  I'm don't even want to answer my phone anymore either!! 
  • @Xstatic3333 I have GBS too and am hesitant about a membrane sweep, which I know they will offer today if I am dilated enough. How far along are you? I really want to get one, but at the same time I am a worrier and not sure if I should wait longer... Obviously something to discuss with my MW, but curious how it was for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krob thinking of you...I hope the appt goes well today and there is some sign of progress. 
  • 39+1-other than frequent BH, no signs of imminent labor. No MP or extra discharge, no uncomfortable contractions, baby doesn't seem to have dropped-if anything just feels higher in my ribs.

+1 to being annoyed at the constant "how are you", "still pregnant" questions.  I'm only 39wks, this kid could cook for another 3 before my MW will induce--so please stop asking!! 

-1 not trying too hard to speed things along... I find myself increasingly terrified to be a mom to 2 under 2 any day now, and am quite content to stay pregnant a few days longer.  
  • @Xstatic3333 I have GBS too and am hesitant about a membrane sweep, which I know they will offer today if I am dilated enough. How far along are you? I really want to get one, but at the same time I am a worrier and not sure if I should wait longer... Obviously something to discuss with my MW, but curious how it was for you.
    I declined at 40 weeks, although when she went in for the check I was only 1 cm and I'm not sure they can even be done at that point. Today I am 41, and I took it because she actually thought it could make the difference between whether I'd need a cervical ripener for induction or not. Still, I was never pressured. It's a lot of pros and cons. I felt nervous about the GBS, but in the "pro" column are that I'm a FTM so a super quick labor is unlikely, I'm only 10-15 minutes from my hospital, and my hospital has a Level 1 NICU if the worst case were to come. My MWs work under OBs and are governed by some relatively conservative policies, so that comforted me too. Hopefully I made the right call. I'm crazy crampy right now and having some irregular painful contractions, but I also had a speculum exam this morning that was horrible and that could be a contributing factor. 
    I declined at 40 weeks, although when she went in for the check I was only 1 cm and I'm not sure they can even be done at that point. Today I am 41, and I took it because she actually thought it could make the difference between whether I'd need a cervical ripener for induction or not. Still, I was never pressured. It's a lot of pros and cons. I felt nervous about the GBS, but in the "pro" column are that I'm a FTM so a super quick labor is unlikely, I'm only 10-15 minutes from my hospital, and my hospital has a Level 1 NICU if the worst case were to come. My MWs work under OBs and are governed by some relatively conservative policies, so that comforted me too. Hopefully I made the right call. I'm crazy crampy right now and having some irregular painful contractions, but I also had a speculum exam this morning that was horrible and that could be a contributing factor. 
    Thinking good thoughts for you to go into labor soon!

I'm only 39 weeks, but the fact that I have GD means they move all timelines up a week - they won't let me go past 41 weeks for any reason and will start talking induction dates at my appointment today. I am inclined to wait until at least the end of this week for a membrane sweep though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gotcha @madamerwin. I'd say go with your gut and your MW's advice. It was helpful to learn that for me there was a specific clear benefit. 
  • My Zumba instructors might have a special labor inducing playlist on deck that they used when the studio owner was past dates. I will try to remember the songs we do and share them tonight ;)

good luck everyone! <3

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• thanks @Patience7150

welp. that dr visit felt like a waste of time. did cervical check and dr couldn't even find my cervix. literally was up to her elbow in my uterus which was pretty painful. 

so still waiting with no answers. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • krob said:
    thanks @Patience7150

welp. that dr visit felt like a waste of time. did cervical check and dr couldn't even find my cervix. literally was up to her elbow in my uterus which was pretty painful. 

so still waiting with no answers. 

That was what the doctor said at our very first visit of pregnancy. I was like wait what, you can't find my cervix... is that a thing? And then last week's check wasn't painful at all so I know that she couldn't find it this time even though she said there was no change. So frustrating when you feel like you are wasting your time, I'm sorry they couldn't give you any news :(
  • I have my 39 week appt tomorrow. My BP has been borderline the last couple weeks so I'm praying she doesn't decide she wants to induce. Nothing much in the way of symptoms going on over here. A few mild contractions, lots of pressure down low. Nothing else going on really. Trying to wrap up work stuff in case baby shows up any day now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes cervices are just really high. Mine usually is until its time to push! Good luck gals- you all got it! Its going to happen soon. <3

• Oh I forgot about the insomnia... how could I forgot?? I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in months. I wake up to use the bathroom and then lay there for 3 or 4  hours unable to go back to sleep. Ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did this tonight and it's a lot of fun and gave me a lot of contractions! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yQZGJ2ThL0

• My leg randomly hurting is a sure sign of labor, right? RIGHT?  :p
    Upper thigh? SOmetimes early contractions radiate there, so yeah ;)

• My leg randomly hurting is a sure sign of labor, right? RIGHT?  :p
    My leg randomly hurting is a sure sign of labor, right? RIGHT?  :p
    Or if it's joint pain- maybe you're having a nice little relaxin surge to get the party started.

• It started off in my foot and is now all the way up to my back...I think my body forgot how to do this 
  • Sending you all the love and labor vibes @Xstatic3333! You are so close mama! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @peachesnbean I'm saving your Zumba moves for later this week when I'm feeling better! I'm still fighting sickness, but I convinced my boss to let me work from home today so I don't get any worse. Had my weekly MW appt this morning and she told me she finds your body won't usually start labor when you're sick. Not sure how correct that may be but I'm hoping it holds true!
  • lfrank12 said:
    @peachesnbean I'm saving your Zumba moves for later this week when I'm feeling better! I'm still fighting sickness, but I convinced my boss to let me work from home today so I don't get any worse. Had my weekly MW appt this morning and she told me she finds your body won't usually start labor when you're sick. Not sure how correct that may be but I'm hoping it holds true!
    Yes! I found this to be true in my study of n=1. My kids were sick for 2 weeks back to back and my nightly contractions that I've been having since the New Year stopped during that time span. Also, I had the stomach flu and some crazy congestion last week/this past weekend and same thing. Thank you uterus! Have you tried Emergen-C? My MW rec'd it and I can't say it worked for sure, but I can say I do feel better and my congestion never progressed... Actually all but totally cleared up.