August 2017 Moms
Options

Cramping after abdominal ultrasound

I had my NT abd u/s @ 11w 6d (everything looks great so far!:) ) but I'm having lower abd cramps. Is this normal? The tech was pressing hard cuz the little one wouldn't get into the right position, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. No bleeding just feels like mild period cramps, twinges and I'm bloated.  Thanks :)

Re: Cramping after abdominal ultrasound

• Options
    It could be a result of the u/s, but cramps are also a normal pregnancy symptom as your body adjusts to all the changes. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless the pain persists constantly or gets worse.  Then I'd call your doctor.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options
    The first time they *tried* to do my nt scan on my uncooperative babe, she was pressing SO hard and it def hurt. She said tell me if it hurts and I was like yea that's uncomfortable! I was def a tad crampy and sore afterwards. I feel like all that irritation and pushing on your uterus can cause the muscle to be crampy. But don't feel guilty about a call to your dr or a nurse just to make sure! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had so much cramping and nausea (above the norm) after my paper smear for the rest of the day and night. It was nerve wrecking. I also have a small bleed left from implantation, so I had spotting afterwards, which didn't help. I'm expecting is all again after the ultrasound. 
  • Options
    It is normal to cramp but i would worry if you have bleeding with it, that's when i would call doctor, usually when they press hard leaves it sore so is normal to cramp. This happen to me with my first pregnancy, i freaked out and called my nurse but she said if I was bleeding then it would be something for them to check but that it was perfectly fine.