August 2017 Moms

STM-- energy boosters?

hey all STM (and 3rd, 4th, etc)!
what have you found helps to boost your energy during this pregnancy? I am SO much more tired this go around chasing after a 1 year old and even napping during DD1's naps don't seem to help. I always feel completely drained. I've tried to cut out any processed/refined sugars from my diet and limit myself to one cup of coffee per day per my drs approval. I've tried eating extra fruits and veggies because that helped with my first pregnancy, and my Drs added an iron supplement because I'm iron-deficient anemic. Any suggestions are so welcomed!

Re: STM-- energy boosters?

• Ditto ditto ditto! And I feel like carbs are the only thing that keep me going. This chasing toddler stuff is hard! And then I feel guilty I can't keep up. I wish I had an answer for you but am eager to see what other moms of multiples suggest! 
  • I have two littles a 4 yr old and 1 yr old.  I have been so sick and exhausted since the day I found out and like you feel terrible.  Luckily my husband is super understanding but really doesn't make me feel any better.  Anyways I am 15 weeks and finally have a little energy back!  Exiting I feel like I can sort of function.  I notice the most of my energy in the morning so if I have things do to I do it then.  I lay down for naps with my boys and my energy plummets from there.  Not sure how far along you all are but there is hope it should come back....a little :). Good luck to you all
  • Loading the player...
  • @Nebel33 14weeks today here! Insane nausea that gets worse throughout the day and also plummeting energy as it goes on. Andd breast soreness is just RELENTLESS. I swear I was feeling more normal by this time - last time around.  I really hate complaining because so many women would die to be pregnant and have such symptoms. Then other times I just wanna be a big fat baby. :wink:
  • A couple things I've done:
    I suck on peppermint (the red and white discs) really helps my nauseau and kinda gives me energy too. 
    I take a brisk walk on my lunch break and it really helps me wake up
    I also drink a small amount of caffeine but the walks and peppermint helps me far more than the caffeine actually.
  • I take an extra dose of b6. Definitely check with your dr first, but it helps me with energy and nausea @jaclyngoldman .
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I drink Spark. I have for 2 years now. I call it my mommy juice! I had an aversion to it the first 8 weeks of this pregnancy, which was terrible because I knew if I could drink one I would feel better, but the thought made me nauseous! Lol! I'm over that now, so I'm back in business! 
  • I'm hoping soon you feel more normal :( it is really hard to complain I totally get it.  Sometimes I just melt down all the time and say to myself I love this child but man this is hard.  I have noticed my diet really had to change.  I am not a health freak at all I like my pizza and occasional splurges but this baby does not!  If I eat anytbing spicy or greasy I get so sick so I stick to a bland diet which is getting really boring but keeps me from the yuckies.  I crave fruit milk and toast all the time.  My husband goes you drink more milk then both are kids combine lol.  
    Hoping this is temporary for you and soon you will feel more human.  I remember with my second who was a July baby and I swore I wouldn't have a summer baby again that the summer it got worse :( not looking forward to it