Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Chemical Pregnancy??

Hello, I just found out that I was pregnant last Tuesday after visiting my doctor for stomach flu. They put me at 4 weeks and 3 days. I had HCG Quantitive that same day which it came in at 29. My RE suggested I have it rechecked to ensure things were progressing as they should and Thursday my HCG dropped to 18. My OBGYN seen me the next morning and told me that I should prepare to miscarry and mentioned the term "chemical pregnancy". I started cramping and bleeding as of yesterday. I'm just so heartbroken but at same time, I have renewed hope! My husband and I have been TTC for months and I was so happy to find out we actually succeeded in being able to make it happen despite the odds. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism. Hubby has low motility and morph problem. We were discussing IUI because we honestly didn't believe we could make it happen without some sort of ART. Anyway, we've decided to try again just as soon as I stop bleeding. The RE has prescribed 100MG of Clomid and Tamoxofen this time and told me to the first day of MC like CD 1 of my period. Anyone else experience chemical pregnancy? How likely is it to happen again...? Thank you for reading.

Re: Chemical Pregnancy??

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Very sorry for your loss :( i've had 3 in a row. 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. I had one in my April 2016 cycle and again for my September 2016.

This time baby grew just fine, except too close to my tube opening, so it was deemed ectopic. But other than freak placement baby was growing perfectly at 7w5d when they terminated. So now I have hope. 

Before this my pregnancies got fewer in between and shorter, from 9w2d to 5w5d to 4w6d... I was really happy to see 7w5d this time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 1 CP, hoping I don't experience any more. I am so sorry for your loss, but happy that you were able to find the positive in it. 
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options
    CP 8/16
    ectopic 9/16
    CP 1/17

I am hoping I just have terrible luck but who freakin knows anymore.  I wouldn't worry about your first (and hopefully only) CP.  My dr said they are very common and most people who don't poas before a missed period don't even realized they have had one.  GOod luck, and sorry you are here. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. I have no personal experience with CP. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone <3 I'm also sorry for the loss you've had especially those of you who have gone through this more than once. It's too painful to try an imagine  :'(

It's been really hard to wrap my mind around what has happened but I've been able to find some comfort in hearing about other experiences. At first I was feeling some guilt as I thought that I may have caused this as I was severely dehydrated after being sick with stomach flu. This is how I found out I was pregnant to begin with. Now I realize that I cannot hold myself responsible and for whatever reason beyond my understanding, it happened. I just have to move forward and keep it positive otherwise I fear I could fall into a deep depression.

Today is CD 6 and the bleeding has pretty much subsided. I took the Tamoxofen and Clomiphene last night so now I watch for ovulation. Last 3 months I've consistently ovulated CD 17-18 so I'm hoping to stay on track and achieve another BFP next month and that it sticks.

Hubby and I have timed intercourse so every other day. Also plan to keep doing the acupuncture and chinese herbs as well as follow low carb diet and exercise plan. All these little tidbits here and there helped us conceive last month so I can only assume we're doing something right.

On another note, I found out that my niece is pregnant today. She would've concieved the 24th of January so a week after me. I just pray the baby healthy and her Pregnancy goes well! I'd hate for something like this to happen to her.

Best wishes to you all with your TTC journeys!

• Options
    I had 1 CP at the end of December.  My 4 week HCG was 141 but OB acted that like number was way too low for a 4 week pregnancy.  She said it was like I popped out a random egg in the beginning of my cycle.  I don't think I'll ever know what happened.  I'm hoping not to have any more.  I have 1 living child who is almost 6.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker