July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

• I've had that OMG I feel like I'm going to pass out a couple of times already. I just sit down and drink some water and it passes after a while. Usually happens when I've been on my feet for a while. Is it sugar @dancegurl1118 ? I thought it might be my blood pressure or something. It's really freaky. I get all hot and a little nauseous too when it happens. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @yellow1daisy I just assume it's sugar because that's how I feel when my sugar drops and I usually feel better within 10 minutes of the juice. I hate that feeling. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • @GlitterFish My OB says to avoid ALL pain meds (even Tyenol!), because of new studies that may link them to autism and ADHD.  I was shocked, but I haven't gotten the chance to look into them myself.

I find it so weird how one OB says one thing, and none seem to agree? I just had big talks with my doctor because I feel horrible(headaches/migraines)and never sleep from 5 weeks on..so I have been relying on regular Tylenol a lot more than I would care to, and Unisom! I'm not worried. I just can't let myself get hyper about this. I think they just need something to blame autism on, IMO. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    @GlitterFish My OB says to avoid ALL pain meds (even Tyenol!), because of new studies that may link them to autism and ADHD.  I was shocked, but I haven't gotten the chance to look into them myself.

I find it so weird how one OB says one thing, and none seem to agree? I just had big talks with my doctor because I feel horrible(headaches/migraines)and never sleep from 5 weeks on..so I have been relying on regular Tylenol a lot more than I would care to, and Unisom! I'm not worried. I just can't let myself get hyper about this. I think they just need something to blame autism on, IMO. 
    I'm pretty sure this is what made him more cautious.  I had never hear that Tylenol was a problem before, and took it quite a bit during my last pregnancy and even this one.  He's phrasing was something like, "I'd hold off until we see how the data plays out."  He did tell me Sudafed was ok, though which I was told was NOT ok during my last pregnancy.  I'm getting the impression that a lot of this uncertain stuff is a bit like the food restrictions - just common sense and moderation.
  • LoveLee85 said:
    @GlitterFish My OB says to avoid ALL pain meds (even Tyenol!), because of new studies that may link them to autism and ADHD.  I was shocked, but I haven't gotten the chance to look into them myself.

I'm pretty sure this is what made him more cautious.  I had never hear that Tylenol was a problem before, and took it quite a bit during my last pregnancy and even this one.  He's phrasing was something like, "I'd hold off until we see how the data plays out."  He did tell me Sudafed was ok, though which I was told was NOT ok during my last pregnancy.  I'm getting the impression that a lot of this uncertain stuff is a bit like the food restrictions - just common sense and moderation.
    Honestly, I can't even read the link because I don't want to plant that seed. Lol. But thank you for sharing.  I was also told sudafed was ok this time around but I'm refusing to take it! I tried going without Unisom last week and it was a huge backfire. Up from 1AM on and was like screw this im taking it again. I'll probably try again in a few weeks(to see if I can sleep through the night without it)! 
  • I don't remember who was talking about it, but I know more than one person on here was worried about BP measurements at the doctor. Just sharing my hopeful story:
    BP problems run in my family, but I have never had an issue. I hate doctors, so it's always high when I'm there, but when I take it outside of that, it's always really low. Well I was at the OB yesterday, and it was 134/60. Since my mom had pre-e when she was pregnant with me and it runs in my family, I got really concerned. I just took it at home this morning, and it was 110/72. I'm gonna guess that's the right one. I'm going to keep taking it, but I would really recommend to anyone who is high at the doctor to try to find a way to take it at home. It can really make a difference. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • With DS I always had them take it when I first got there and take it right as I was leaving. It made a significant difference for my bp in the third trimester when it started to get pretty high! But they would also have me go to the local grocery store and take it there because you can make an account on some that link right to your doctors office (in my case at least) and if there were ever any alarming numbers they'd call me!
  • Those of you with the dizzy spells...is it worse at night? I hadn't been dizzy at all, up until last night I woke up so dizzy and couldn't get comfortable in any position because of it. I eventually got up and drank a glass of chocolate milk and that seemed to make it subside for a few hours, but then upon waking again this morning I feel dizzy again. Once I'm up and walking, I don't feel it anymore, it's only when lying down. Yesterday I went without eating for like 8 hours, and then ate a quick, carb-heavy "dinner" before bed, so maybe it's blood sugar or dehydration? It really worried me in the middle of the night but now I don't know if I should call my doctor, or wait and see how tonight goes...
  • @kat0607 I occasionally get dizzy spells when I have to wake up in the middle of the night and if I get out of bed too fast in the morning. I think it happens when you've been lying down for a period of time and suddenly get up. I have low blood pressure though so it's associated with that (90/67) 
  • I was told no ibuprofen at any time during pregnancy. Tylenol is on my okay list of meds, I try not to take it, I've only taken it twice this pregnancy and I had a headache that was unbearable each time.

I've been dizzy/light headed twice this week, I have low blood sugar only during pregnancy. My Plexus helps a ton but I drank it too late and hadn't had a chance to eat yet. My OB told me at my 12w appt not to go longer than 30 minutes without a snack, whether it's a few slices of apple, juice, crackers, whatever.
  • @MrsLa3 ugh I eat huge meals but I am the worst with eating snacks throughout the day, so that's probably my problem.
  • @stokesm21 I know exactly what you are talking about with the RLP when you sneeze.  Happened to me today and it freaked DH out.  I instantly started crying because I thought I tore something it hurt that bad.  The pain dissipated instantly and haven't had any more pain or cramping but man, don't want that to happen again. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• CallaLily25 you can always have them check your cervix via ultrasound.  They can check it for funneling etc.  Maybe ask your OB?  Either way, hugs to you.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kat0607 me too, I have to make myself eat. Especially when we get bust at work. If I make a smoothie I can get to an hour without actually eating something. Other than that, I keep a box of crackers and chocolate in my drawer at work.
  • edited February 2017
    Yes as suspected they believe it's just extra blood. My BP was a bit low thoughand of course that can be from dehydration. To be sure They're also running a test for thyroid, just in case, results not back yet. I have bumped water up significanly and l notice it still occurs. Stay tuned. Thanks for piping up, makes me feel less crazy. ;)@kerlis, @BusyZee and @nktrodden826
  • So the pain in my hip decreased over the week and was mostly fine today, but I still saw a new chiropractor today who specializes in pregnancy. She did the orthopedic tests on me and found that my sacrum is tilted/rotated, so that combined with my center of gravity shifting is likely what caused the problem. She did some adjustments, and of course I have to keep going back every week, but it's worth it if it allows me to be able to walk and go to work!

She did say if it was SPD that I would not have passed the tests and likely wouldn't be walking at all so much as shuffling - which I was doing earlier in the week but not today! She said that usually doesn't see so much improvement until delivery.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish i hope it keeps improving! Try to stay aware of what triggers it too, that could help maybe? 
  • Ok this is a new one. My right leg keeps falling asleep within like 5 seconds of sitting down. I'm assuming it's some kind of pinched nerve but it's freaking annoying!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 Slightly TMI, but whenever my husband and I have sex with me on top my right foot goes numb. Blood flow? I don't even know, but it's so distracting. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kerils oh man that would throw me off big time lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone else struggled with UTIs? I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I've had one on and off since 10 weeks! They cannot seem to get rid of it no matter how many rounds of antibitocs they try.

I've read conflicting things about whether they cause any issues and it seems that only happens when left untreated, but it still worries me. FWIW, I'm on a daily prophylactic of antibiotics but every time they culture my urine, there's the bacteria!
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CallaLily25 I haven't had one during pregnancy (thank the stars) but I have had problems with UTI's in the past. A UTI untreated can lead to a kidney infection, kidney damage, and even kidney failure, which is why they are so serious. I'm gonna ask what might be a really stupid question, and please don't take offense to it... when you give them the sample, do you wipe/clean yourself pre-sampling? And do you go a little, stop, and then collect it? Otherwise, that could be the problem. If vaginal or anal bacteria end up in the culture, it can make it come back positive whether it is or not. 
    Also, have you tried cranberries (if you do juice, do one without any sugar) or any of the other remedies to try to help the antibiotics along? I'm not saying they can cure you on their own, but it can't hurt to try. Also, really make sure to take the antibiotic at the exact same time. Medicine is most effective that way. Other than that, I'm not sure what else can help, except maybe stronger antibiotics. And I'm sorry you're going through this. I had 3 UTIs within a year and a half of each other, so I know how much they suck. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @CallaLily25 I haven't had one during pregnancy yet, but I've suffered from them in the past to the extent that I see a urologist yearly and take antibiotics after sex.  @kerils had good tips for when you go to the doctor.  I've found drinking LOTS of fluids, urinating frequently and immediately after sex and using baby wipes instead of toilet paper seem to help decrease the frequency of mine.  

I'm sure this goes without saying, but finishing all of the prescribed antibiotics and remembering to take them at the same time each day helps as well.  The daily probiotic is a good idea and you can also get cranberry capsules (check with your doctor first).  

Also, I hope the are doing a culture on the urine sample...you might be giving the same bacteria but it might be resistant to the antibiotic they are giving you.

Hope this helps. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• GUYS. I have probably had upwards of 20-30 UTIs in my life. Usually there's a good chance I get one after sex. I tried all the tricks. Drinking, antibiotics, showering before sex, peeing as much as I can before I fell asleep, getting a cystoscopy (holy shit that hurt). 

Then magically after delivery I haven't had one since. My OB said sometimes the stretching of tissue during pregnancy and delivery can help if it was an anatomical issue which they suspected mine was (urethra was just a smidge too close to the vaginal opening). I hope all your urethras get magically fixed. 

UTIs are so horrible and I hope they find an antibiotic that works for you @CallaLily25
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else's abdomen is sensitive/tender? Anything presses against my uterus and it kinda hurts. I don't remember this last time.