July 2017 Moms

*Sunday Ticker Change* 2/12

For everyone due on 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, and 7/30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Where did you go on your last vacation? Where would you like to go next?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: *Sunday Ticker Change* 2/12

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, anatomy scan was last week. Now I'm wondering how long I'll be able to hold out before an elective ultrasound. It would be nice to get some cute photos instead of the blurry profile and genital pics we got from the AS, lol.

Any new symptoms or changes? The kicks have been getting more frequent, which is awesome. Found out at the AS that it's because the placenta is behind the baby on the inner-facing side. Been sleeping less too. I'm hoping this is because I need less sleep now and not because I'm not sleeping well.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Bermuda. My favorite relaxation spot. We were planning to go back for a baby moon, but it turns out we're moving that week instead. So, boo for the stress of moving, but yay for the excitement of getting settled into a place that will be much better for us when the baby comes.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • How far along are you?

16 Weeks

How big is baby? 

Avocado (hooray bump app for the creepy scrotum avocado picture)

Had one last Wednesday, all looked good.

I might be feeling flutters?  Last time it was about 17 weeks before it was unmistakable for me- hopefully soon I'll get those kicks!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Going to see an amazing concert today- one of my favorite opera singers and and a wonderful opera composer at the piano!!!  DH is like um, who are these people again while I'm freaking out fangirling!

We went to Yosemite for a long weekend last fall and we are planning a few days in Seattle next month to explore and visit some friends!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate

Two!  OB appointment last week got rescheduled. And I have the follow up genetic screen

I can feel the mood swings are more severe. I think I have sciatica. My lower back really hurts. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    MIL is laying it on thick about the baby shower. She knows I don't want one. So she keeps making comments about how grandmas love planning showers and buying stuff for her grandkids and she is missing out. I generally don't respond. 

I am trying to stand by my decision but will probably cave because I'm just so tired. 

i just got back from Boston/NY.   I really want to go to southern Italy someday.
  • How far along are you?  20 weeks! More than halfway done for this RCS mama!

How big is baby? A banana

Upcoming appointments this week? yup, OB appointment on Tuesday morning 

Any new symptoms or changes? Tons of kicking/rolling. Hubby can now consistently feel them! Yay

Rants/Raves/Questions? Actually yes. For those who have had a planned CS - my neighbor had her CS on 1/13, and my SIL had hers yesterday. Both had a spinal and HATED the sensation (both had unplanned csection a the first time around and had epidurals and had no complaints). I've had 2 csection and neither we're planned, so epidurals for both. Any input on the spinal? I'm gonna ask my OB on Tuesday, but thought I'd ask here first. 

GTKY: Where did you go on your last vacation? Where would you like to go next
    ? Last vacation was our honeymoon (when we got pregnant with DS) We spent 2 weeks in Cozumel, MX and a week in Belieze. Our next vacation will be when this LO is old enough to be left with its siblings so mommy and daddy can actually enjoy themselves!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• How far along are you?  20 weeks! More than halfway done for this RCS mama!

How big is baby? A banana

Upcoming appointments this week? yup, OB appointment on Tuesday morning 

Any new symptoms or changes? Tons of kicking/rolling. Hubby can now consistently feel them! Yay

Rants/Raves/Questions? Actually yes. For those who have had a planned CS - my neighbor had her CS on 1/13, and my SIL had hers yesterday. Both had a spinal and HATED the sensation (both had unplanned csection a the first time around and had epidurals and had no complaints). I've had 2 csection and neither we're planned, so epidurals for both. Any input on the spinal? I'm gonna ask my OB on Tuesday, but thought I'd ask here first. 

GTKY: Where did you go on your last vacation? Where would you like to go next
    ? Last vacation was our honeymoon (when we got pregnant with DS) We spent 2 weeks in Cozumel, MX and a week in Belieze. Our next vacation will be when this LO is old enough to be left with its siblings so mommy and daddy can actually enjoy themselves!!!
    I had 2 c sections and both with spinal. No issues at all. Wondering what it was they didn't like about it over their epi? 
    They did a spinal tap in the epidural space then after the fact left my epidural in for 24 hours for pain management. It was so nice! Much better than depending on straight pain pills. 
  • How far along are you?
    16 or 17 weeks depending on who you ask.

How big is baby? 
    An avocado (or possibly a testicle according to that scandalous app pic)

No, my A/S is 2/23. I'm pre freaking out lol.

Feeling surprisingly human. Still tired but less so, some headaches but generally feeling good finally!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I've been lurking mostly because I feel a little detached lately. I think the way this started for me and all of the things that keep coming up at my appointments have me totally pretending I'm not pregnant, if that makes sense. I'm praying I'm able to turn back on all the feelings after a good A/S and finding out the sex.

We went to Cape May with the girls this summer, then last minute decided to go back just the two of us the next week. It was amazing (both trips). I'd love to go to an all inclusive Caribbean resort with my girls before baby comes but I won't risk it. so we are going to Cape May again at the end of June. We do love it there and it's pretty close.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mslynn2012 pretty sure I had a spinal, too for my unplanned c/s in addition to the epidural - I did not enjoy the spinal! shaking, shivering, felt like ants crawling all over me from the inside - ugh. (unless, can someone tell me if that's normal for just epidural c/s too?) 

• How far along are you? 
    17w1d 
    How big is baby? 
    size of a pomegranate!
    I have a check-up with my mid-wife on Thursday!
    A little more physical exhaustion. I mentioned this in a different thread but I almost fainted on the train on Friday, so that was new and fun. I also got shooting pain in my right boob on Sunday morning that kept me from falling back to sleep.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I can never think of these in the moment.
    Lol, we went to CT. My parents have a place in a coastal town so there was beach time and dog walks and kayaking in the marshes. Nothing super exciting, but certainly relaxing. Once the baby's here that's probably about all we'll be doing. My husband's friend is getting married in France in 2018 and we have grand hopes of all three of us going so we'll see how that shakes out!
  • Congrats to everyone who’s at the half way point!

How far along are you? 17 weeks (+1 day now)

How big is baby? Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments this week? OB check in on Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling her move (unfortunately in the form of punches to the cervix). Would really like to feel some movements that weren’t associated with pain, but I’ll take what I can get. Oh, and I think I’ve officially popped.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing exciting

GTKY: Where did you go on your last vacation? Where would you like to go next? I was in DC last week, but that was associated with my husbands work, so I’m not counting it as vacation. Last real vacation was in August with a cruise to Bermuda. We were considering a babymoon trip to France, but with buying a new house we decided against it, so no new plans for now.

• @Cejiml and @satsumasandlemons - both of them said they could feel hands inside of them (they don't know each other/have never seen/spoken to each other, so it was crazy to me that they had the same story). With the epidural they felt only pressure (as did I), and the idea of being able to feel hands INSIDE of me is making my skin crawl!

as for my csection a before, my first one I had the shakes and got sick on the table. With the second they gave me something to prevent me from getting sick, but still had the crazy shakes. I'll take that again if at all possible - what hey each described sounded AWFUL!!!

my happy boy

• @mslynn2012 I have never had an epi but had spinals with both. You can def feel some pulling, but it wasn't a terrifying sensation (and trust me I was terrified, had a panic attack on the table both times, there was sedation involved- the doctor kept adding things to my IV lol). But it was more the idea of all of it than the actual feeling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nikkiandchris - thank you for that!

spoke with my OB today and it is a spinal I'm in for, but he said he's never had a patient tell him they can feel anything other than pressure. I'm still nervous, but feeling MUCH better after reading these responses and talking with him. Thanks everyone!!!

my happy boy