August 2017 Moms
Options

High Risk Mamas Check-In 1/31

1. Newcomers and returning HR mamas, why are you high-risk?

2. How far along are you?

3. What are your biggest challenges and how can we support you?

4. GTKY: What's your favorite way to relax?

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
Married May 2012
DD born Sep 2013
MC Feb 2017 11w2d
CP May 2017 5w
MC Oct 2017 6w
BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

Re: High Risk Mamas Check-In 1/31

• Options

Okay, I'll start.

1. Newcomers and returning HR mamas, why are you high-risk?
    I had a DVT in 2008 (I'm heterozygous for Factor V Leiden so I'm more likely to have a blood clot) and I'm over 35.
    2. How far along are you?
    9 weeks, four days. I have an appt tonight-- three weeks since the last one- so I'm feeling nervous today. No reason to think everything isn't still fine, but nervous anyway.
    3. What are your biggest challenges and how can we support you?
    Ummmmm... dealing with my very clingy 3 year-old. Is it coincidence or does she sense that she's going to have to share me
    I like curl up with a good book. I also like gardening, but it's too early for that in NY.

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Options
    1. Newcomers and returning HR mamas, why are you high-risk
    Hi there - I'm Christine and I have two girls (2 and 4). I just found out I have the M antibody and DH/Fetus have the M antigen. I think there is only a 50/50 chance that this becomes a real problem, but I will be monitored closely. Worst case scenario is baby will need an in utero blood transfusion.

2. How far along are you
    11w3d

Just curious to see if anybody else has any funny antibody issues and hoping to support others.
    Hmmm, does running count? It truly takes me down a few notches if I'm feeling stressed. Love me some dog/kid cuddling too! 

@IvorySoapGirl how was your appointment? And both my girls are super clingy, but they pretty much always are....

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @donehue "Lurking" 
    I am currently on the September 2017 board but also carry an Antibody (S) from my last pregnancy.  From what MFM told us is that the more pregnancies with the antibody where your body actually does produce them the greater the chance for anemia in the baby.  So if this is your first pregnancy with the antibody and the baby carries the antigen then the risk is very low.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    1. I'm a new member; and I'm high risk because of my heart condition. It's called transposition of the great arteries..so I have to be watched very closely.
    2. 12 weeks 4 days
    3. biggest challenges is not worrying about negative things happening. You guys can help by just being supportive and answering any questions I might have.
    4. things that help me relax is shopping lol and watching movies with the fiancé 
  • Options
    Hi Everyone - I just got referred by my RE to a High Risk OB - I had a mini stroke when I was 18 after being put on the birth control pill. Pregnancy comes with the same hormones and I've had two migraines with numbness/loss of balance now. 

Im 12 weeks 3 days now. 

So far the mirgraines themselves have been super crappy, I've been missing work, but it'll be nice to be here with other high risk mamas. 

Cuddles with my pup Finnigan - he's the best support and calms me down. Also love heading up to the Cottage. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    1. Newcomers and returning HR mamas, why are you high-risk? My first pregnancy was a trisomy 18 baby. I was young, healthy and had absolutely no risk factors. My second was an ectopic pregnancy. Again, young healthy, no risk factors (although ectopic is pretty common). Since those were my first two experiences right out of the gate, the doctors like to keep a close eye on me. Also, after my perfectly healthy rainbow baby boy, I had another loss due to a fetal anomaly so, again, they like to keep me close. :-)

2. How far along are you? 12 weeks 1 day

3. What are your biggest challenges and how can we support you? Husband doesn't want to tell anyone, like even family. Unfortunately, he always gets stuck with having to go back and tell everyone "we lost the baby" and I know it takes its toll. But, that means I cannot tell anyone until our 20ish week anatomy scan. That's so long! Plus, I'm generally a really positive person, so even amidst all my loss and heartache, I'm really excited about this baby and until I'm told differently, I want to enjoy all of it. But, its hard when I can't tell anyone.

4. GTKY: What's your favorite way to relax? Sleep. Thats all I have time for. Ha. My 2 year old keeps me pretty busy and I'm also a working momma, so relaxation comes rarely. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Factor V mama's:
    What dosage of lovenox are you taking? They lowered my dose today and I just was curious what others were taking.
  • Options
    1. Newcomers and returning HR mamas, why are you high-risk
    Newbie to the forums.  High risk at age 37.  First pregnancy.

2. How far along are you
    12weeks.

Very nervous about keeping this pregnancy.  Were trying for 3 years with no luck, but no miscarriages or anything.  Everything has gone fine so far, but this morning found slight bleeding and worried me.  It's a Saturday so won't contact doc til Monday.  Based on my research, it could be breakthrough bleeding as this date lines up exactly with my period due date if it had continued.  Any feedback appreciated.

Peaceful walk through the woods.  Did that this morning to calm myself down.