October 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Pets

Tell us about your pets and feel free to share a picture too!

Re: GTKY: Pets

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nmingram it's so strange you have a cat named marbles who showed up on your porch! I had a cat named marbles who walked out one day and never came back!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish That is very ironic!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ^OMG that face!!!!! <3<3 
  • Options
    We have a sweet & loving Beagle named Ace. He is so gentle with our 2 year old, and I'm sure he'll be the same with our new LO. 
  • Options
    We have a 6 year old Pomeranian named Kellen and a 4 year old munchkin cat named Mo. Kellen loves my toddler when he has food but otherwise pretty much avoids him (though she does tend to sleep outside his door when he's in bed). Mo actually is much much better with him than I expected though she has nipped at him a few times when he grabs her too fast or tries to pick her up.

--------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    yakyakthecatyakyakthecat member
    edited February 2017

This is Neytiri. We lost her to cancer the day before I found out we're pregnant. I adopted her as a birthday present for my husband a few months before we got married. So she was with us since the very beginning. She almost made it to 7. We miss her.  Jack (Yak yak to me) is actually my parents cat but he has kind of adopted my family. He's more of a dog than a cat. He's definitely one of a kind : D 

• Options
    Here are my two, Baxter is a chocolate lab and Lola is a black lab/English setter mix. Both absolutely adore my 20 month old, so I'm hoping another baby won't be too difficult of a transition for them.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @crazypuglady so cute! May I ask, did he have a back injury? My dachshund is currently going through rehab trying to learn to walk again and it's a long process. Haven't bit the bullet on the wheelchair yet but we may have to.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestars my in-laws have a 13yo dachshund who had a back injury about 5 years ago. It was severe enough that they were considering putting her down because she couldn't move any of her legs. They ended up doing water therapy for her and she gets around great now, especially for her age! What kind of therapy are you doing?
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessafishy aw that's great to hear! We are doing the underwater treadmill! She's gone about 4 or 5 times now. She's getting better at it but it hasn't quite translated to dry land walking yet :)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ahhh pet threads always make me so happy! Thanks for posting this!!! We have 3 dogs and 2 cats, and they are all rescues:

Cats:
    Love
    -Calico and a sassy lady.
    Suede-Russian Blue, who has a dry sense of humor.

Dogs:
    Sophie
    -Border Collie/Retriever, she was the runt of her litter and no one wanted her but we fell in love. She has a big butt.
    Scooby-Lab/pit/kangaroo mix, a friend found him tied up in an abandoned house. He is our Scoobadoofus/pittopotomus.
    Otis-Hound mix, we adopted him last summer, and he is such a gentle soul. He is about 9 years old, and was one of the first rescue photo shoots i did for a shelter last year. I fell in love with him and had to take him home. He had been adopted and brought back 3 times for stupid reasons (last owners didn't like dog hair. owners before that got a divorce and neither wanted to keep him. owners before that said he kept getting in trash).

I can't imagine life without any of them. 

Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife your furbabies are beautiful!! Such great photos!
  • Options
    1 dog and 1 cat that like to snuggle.
  • Options
    @mommaswizz thanks girl!! They really do add spice to our life :D

@crazypuglady omg I love Zeus!!! I just want to snuggle him!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestars- we're not sure what happened. My guess is that it IS some sort of spinal interference whether a tumor/cyst or a ruptured disc or injury. For a while we thought it was degenerative myelopathy which is basically ALS for dogs, but he hasn't progressed beyond his back half. He's 10 so I didn't feel right about sinking thousands of dollars into a diagnosis. He's still himself and not in any pain so we just got him the wheelchair and it's been invaluable.

@ChocolateIsLife- Thanks! He's the best snuggle buddy :)

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19