July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms 2/11

What do you have going on this weekend ladies?  Hope all the kiddos are well and healthy!

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/11

• Taking my 10 year old niece out to get a manicure and a new outfit. Husband and son are going to Monster Jam tonight so I have a night to myself!
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited February 2017
    I had to get a new debit card as some YAHOO stole my number. Thank goodness my bank knew that the $250 charge at Walmart was out of the ordinary for me (on that account) because I feel like it could have gotten a lot worse (and I never use that debit card unless it's for work travel).
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • We're taking my 18 month old to the local children's museum today! We're meeting two friends with kids, and trying to schedule around three toddlers' nap schedules has been a nightmare, but it should be fun! Potential famous last words...
  • Ladies this is my first weekend home with nothing going on since before the holidays, my dad is coming over in a bit with a present for the babies but that's not like having company. After the stressful week and finally getting to see my OB and good news yesterday this is going to be the best, laziest and most relaxing weekend ever.

DH already told me he is picking up dinner tonight so I don't even have to cook. He is going to spend the weekend working on our house across the street so he won't even be in my hair (he is a restless guy - while not a bad thing it's a tad inconvenient when you want to relax). So he will be happily occupied and I will be happily unoccupied (besides chasing around two toddlers). 
  • Errands, meeting with our contractors to plan out our project, friends coming by to play during the day and dinner with girlfriends and that's just today!  Tomorrow we are going to the local college for a string concert with dd, planned parenthood bake sale, and I need to get some work done including prep for a big presentation I'm giving on Monday  :|
  • @Dcwtada you deserve it!  I'm so glad you were finally able to see an OB yesterday and good news to boot!

@lfk2013 that's good that they caught it early!

We are finally going to tell everyone we are pregnant today including our parents.  My department chair knows from a week ago because assignments for 2017-2018 were due and I didn't want him scrambling to cover my work.  We just took a pic with my toddler holding the anatomy scan images from this week's appointment.  My husband will meet up with his daughter who is a freshman in college to share the news later today. We will see how this all goes!

*TW*
    My parents weren't particularly excited when we were pregnant last summer, hence why they are out of the loop on this one.  It really hurt my feelings and then we lost the baby.   They weren't happy about the inconvenience of me being unable to travel to the Caribbean and having to cancel our summer 2016 travel plans.  We never talked about it so there is some major resentment built up on my side.  Am practicing all the deep breathing today!
  • Going to see a student perform in a musical this morning, then absolutely nothing planned the rest of the weekend. It's going to be cool and dry tomorrow, so I'm sure we will be at the park, or perhaps on a hike. 

For now, I'm just having fun getting kicked:punched in the tummy!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• It's pouring like mad right now. If the weather clears up, We are meeting a friend at babys r us to look at baby gear. She's even bringing her baby so I can try out different carriers. 

We are also going to spend some quality time with FIL. His biopsy results came back and doctors said the cancer is back They caught it early but not sure if FIL is healthy enough to withstand the surgery so there will be a lot of tests in the near future. 
  • Spending today cleaning the house and doing laundry.  Tomorrow will be packing and running out to get anything my mom and DS will need while we are gone.  
  • Best of luck telling the fam @caribbeanmama. I can't believe that is how they reacted I am so sorry.
    Having been through loss myself I also kept it mostly to myself this time around. Majority of people still don't know. 

Today will be the first time I get out of the house since Monday. I was getting some serious cabin fever so it should be nice. Not doing anything fun really just stopping by our new house to see what kind of progress the contractors have made, and then visiting my in laws--my daughter hasn't seen her grandma in a few weeks and I know my MIL must be going bananas. Those 2 have a lot of love for each other and I love watching them. 

Then tonight we will be rushing home and trying to watch as much of the UFC pay per view and Alec Baldwin hosting SNL as we can. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• We're actually having warm weather this weekend, so we plan on spending lots of time with DD outside. 
    I spent this morning shopping for the girls' rooms. We need to pick out a paint color for this baby's nursery and finish up DD's "big girl" room that we're moving her into, but I mean, I have until July...
  • @Twinkiedoll I'm sorry about your FIL! I hope they can come up with a good treatment plan for him.

I woke up at 1am to water leaking in our bedroom. In several spots. Turns out the water heater in the apartment above is broken and was leaking everywhere. Even down to the apartment below us. They managed to stop the water 2 hours, a drenched carpet, and several full pots and pans later and now we have to wait for Monday for them to come assess and fix the water damage. What a fun start to my supposedly relaxing weekend! I woke up early despite the lack of sleep so I'm just catching up on shows and trying to get rid of this headache. I'm sorry, that's a lot of whining! I'm completely off this weekend which is great. Hoping H and I can do something fun this weekend and that I can get some studying done.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @caribbeanmama big hugs to you. That is such a difficult situation and I would also hold resentment if I was in your shoes. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope everything goes great for you! 
  • We are signing DS up for tball, I'm so excited to be the crazy sports mom and I will have zero shame. Then we are going house hunting. I've hated everything I've seen online so hopefully the houses are more promising in person. Then I have to coach at a basketball game while the rest of he family cooks out for the fights.

Tomorrow just church and relaxing. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @caribbeanmama I hope it goes well. I know they may have been disappointed to not see you but that is not an excuse in the least. 

• Best of luck telling the fam @caribbeanmama. I can't believe that is how they reacted I am so sorry.
    Having been through loss myself I also kept it mostly to myself this time around. Majority of people still don't know. 

Today will be the first time I get out of the house since Monday. I was getting some serious cabin fever so it should be nice. Not doing anything fun really just stopping by our new house to see what kind of progress the contractors have made, and then visiting my in laws--my daughter hasn't seen her grandma in a few weeks and I know my MIL must be going bananas. Those 2 have a lot of love for each other and I love watching them. 

Then tonight we will be rushing home and trying to watch as much of the UFC pay per view and Alec Baldwin hosting SNL as we can. 
    Good luck checking up on the new house!! So exciting!!!
    We are trying to figure out if we will build or keep searching for what we want. Over two years of looking and it's not going great! I had one home bought out from under us minutes before we were making an offer. It was a bummer. I don't even have a crazy 'want' list! LOL I love our current home but it doesn't have a basement...and I'm not crazy about the school system. We have years before DS will be in pre-K even. I think we will keep hunting because I hear building is stressful. 
  • lfk2013 said:
    I had to get a new debit card as some YAHOO stole my number. Thank goodness my bank knew that the $250 charge at Walmart was out of the ordinary for me (on that account) because I feel like it could have gotten a lot worse (and I never use that debit card unless it's for work travel).
    This has happened to so many people I know recently. I started to get really paranoid because our debit cards were linked to our savings as well, and we used out debit cards for everything. So H and I recently opened a joint credit card with cash back, and we're using that from now on and leaving our debit cards at home in the safe. We also moved most of our savings to a different bank, so if someone somehow hacked one of our accounts they wouldn't completely destroy us. 
  • I just blew up about MIL to DH. Lots of expletives. 

I mentioned in a convo with her a month back that I was going to try to buy things used as much as possible including the breastfeed pump (before I knew insurance covered it).  She made a face and said don't do that. That's dirty. I'll just buy you a new one instead. 

I ignored her because I wasn't asking for permission.

MIL recently returned from visiting SIL and grandkids. MIL texted me saying she brought back SIL's medical grade hospital breast pump for me but SIL wants it back if she has a third kid. And that SIL says I shouldn't reuse over the counter pumps because of air suction problems. 

I lost it. I went to DH and just started flipping out that I don't need anyone's effing blessing or permission. And I certainly wasn't asking for SIL's opinion or permission either. If I want people's input I will ask for it. Don't try to make my decisions for me.  

I mentioned in a convo with her a month back that I was going to try to buy things used as much as possible including the breastfeed pump (before I knew insurance covered it).  She made a face and said don't do that. That's dirty. I'll just buy you a new one instead. 

MIL recently returned from visiting SIL and grandkids. MIL texted me saying she brought back SIL's medical grade hospital breast pump for me but SIL wants it back if she has a third kid. And that SIL says I shouldn't reuse over the counter pumps because of air suction problems. 

I lost it. I went to DH and just started flipping out that I don't need anyone's effing blessing or permission. And I certainly wasn't asking for SIL's opinion or permission either. If I want people's input I will ask for it. Don't try to make my decisions for me.  
    Honestly, it sounds like your MIL and SIL are trying to be helpful and you are overreacting. Am I missing some back story or something? 
  • @caribbeanmama good luck! It hurts when family reacts negatively to good news, even if they don't realize they're doing it. I hope it goes better this time around. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • We finally got DH's cheesy t-shirt this week for our fb announcement photo, so we took the pics this morning! Out of about 25 takes, 2 are usable :-p :-1:

We went to IHOP again for pancakes and then had a disappointing day looking for a rocker/recliner. Why are they all soooo ugly and old farty?? The two we thought were ok at BRU seemed pretty poor quality - the floor models were broken and stained terribly!

Tomorrow we are expecting another 5-8 inches of snow all day. Hoping the roads will be safe for DH to go into work at 5:30 or that he will stay home!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish we got our glider/rocker and ottoman combo at big lots after looking at BRU, target and a few other places. It was leather looking, soft and inexpensive (plus it didn't get too cold like real leather and I didn't worry about the baby getting it messed up) - we didn't want to spend too much on it since it was only going to be in the nursery - we have nice recliners downstairs. Not sure if you have one near you but if you want a nice but relatively inexpensive one for a few years it worked very well for us. 

I am glad you are able to get a new one through your insurance, and have a feeling we are missing something in your background with your MIL. However, on the breast pump issue, I have to side with your MIL and SIL, breast pump are not like cars in that as well as you may take care of it, there are parts that can and will wear out, such as the main membrane behind the faceplate of my old me deal pump. I had done my research, and it worked great (used and clean) for a few months, then the membrane wore out, this is an irreplaceable part, and unless you buy new and within a year of needing it replaced, medela warranty is void, as are so many others. So, if your inuance didn't for some reason cover it, then I would personally rather pay the 150 -250 for a new one. Amazon has great deals on new pumps all the time!
  • MIL has a history of passing judgment on everything I do.  The amount of crap I had to deal with when I didn't have the big wedding she wanted was unreal.  I'm not mad at SIL at all.  I'm just angry that MIL decided to just intervene and make my decision for me because she doesn't like what I'm doing. Dragging SIL into it as if this was up to a vote just made me angrier.  It's not the first time she's done something like this. 

As as far as the breast pump itself, I've done the research as well. And like I said, I made that comment to MIL before I knew my insurance covered it so it's moot now. 
  • ...And now DH got grease all over his brand new shirt, so we will definitely have to make those photos work!

On the plus side, he's less likely to wear his "Baby Daddy" shirt in public!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • As as far as the breast pump itself, I've done the research as well. And like I said, I made that comment to MIL before I knew my insurance covered it so it's moot now. 
    Ah, your MIL and mine, they must be very alike. Did you tell her it is not HER wedding? Noone should have to be uncomfortable at their own wedding just to please someone else. Not to mention the added expense. Mine insists that I HAVE to give the new baby formula at least once a day, because breast milk isn't enough or else I am abusing said child.... lol also doesn't truely believe in my son's cows milk allergy, though she plays along. 

The tidbit about breastpumps being used wasn't really directed at you, just thought it might be useful information for others.
  • @yellow1daisy Thanks for the positive wishes and I'm sorry you've had to go through a loss as well.  How did the house look?  Did the contractors make good progress?

@LoveLee85 @dcwtada @dancegurl1118 Thanks!   It was mostly my mom that made the inappropriate comments - and she's just a special kind of person I guess. Yes, it's tough - I hope I'm able to let go of those feelings in the future. It certainly isn't doing me any good stewing beneath the surface!

So, we called and told my Dad - without my Mom - and he seemed genuinely surprised and happy for us!  We told him he could tell the others and that we would be emailing out an announcement today.  I called and spoke with one of my sisters and she was happy for us - so that went well! My other sister heard before I could call her - she was a bit disgruntled to have heard second hand but oh well. I'm glad that the cat is now out of the bag!

• Glad to hear it went well @caribbeanmama ! So sorry for the terrible experience last time. 

@GlitterFish would love to see the announcement photo if you don't mind sharing :)
  • @mj8215
    These are the two I'm deciding between. I think DH and I look better in the one where I'm standing, but the dog looks tortured and you can't see her bandana!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @GlitterFish I think the sitting one!!! 
  • Both very cute, @GlitterFish ! I'm sure it wasn't easy to get the dog to cooperate :)
  • Both look great @GlitterFish!  I think I vote for sitting because the bandana is super cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @glitterfish I like the sitting one!

@mj8215 Thanks!  I'm so glad it went better!

@manillabar what a terrible start to the weekend - so sorry!  I would be freaking out!  Is your furniture damaged?  Will insurance cover it?
  • I don't know why, but I finally got motivated to clean, so I went on a spree yesterday. Also made sausages, and bought some more maternity shirts because now my tank tops won't fit anymore (which is at least half of my current fitting shirts). Also got my exercise ball! If this baby is breech, at least I gave it a serious try. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @GlitterFish the top one gets my vote.

DD is congested, and has a low grade fever. I'm praying she doesn't give it to DS, anytime he gets the slightest congestion it turns into Bronchiolitis and we have to do breathing treatments. We made King Cakes last night and doing lunch at MIL house today.
  • @Twinkiedoll while I'm sure there are other stories that make this seem more intrusive to you, from an outside perspective, it seems like she's just trying to help. A breastpump was one of the few things I wouldn't get used unless by a relative or very close friend. (Bottles, diapers-if I went the clothings route, and a few others) if the brand of the hospital grade one is the same as the one you will get from insurance, it may prove to be helpful. You could leave the core part of the pump at work and just bring your ice pack, bottles and horns back and forth, saving some effort on your part. And holy hospital grade! The difference is incredible!

Hang in there :-D you're probably going to have a million things to fight over (disapproval of how you parent, the daycare you choose, the lit's could go on forever). My general rule of thumb is to say "thank you" and do what I was going to do anyway :)
  • @Twinkiedoll I get being frustrated. If someone is always undermining you and ignoring what you say, even something that could seem nice ends up ticking you off. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @LoveLee85 thanks it is pretty exciting! Although sometimes pretty stinking stressful lol. We looked for a long time too. We came very close to signing a new construction deal but it fell through when the builders started to get weird at the end.
    We went back to looking and finally ended up finding the "one" and we were glad that deal didn't happen. We did pretty much gut and remodel though so still feels like new construction lol (we bought the house in September and it's STILL being worked on). We had to change some of the layout to what made more sense to us. Very happy with our choice. I hope you guys find what you're looking for! 

@caribbeanmama thank you. I actually had 4 losses before my beautiful rainbow DD1. Devastating time in our lives and none of our families ever really knew the right thing to say. It just became easier to suffer in silence, sadly. 
    The house looked good! There was 4 full bathrooms to be done and they have been taking foreverrr. Thankfully they are finally 90% there. So happy with all our tile choices! Can't wait until they get through that last 10%(this week) and get started on installing my new kitchen! It's so fun watching all my ideas come to life. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited February 2017
    @yellow1daisy oh gosh, that sounds stressful, but I'm happy it all worked out and you found the right home! My mom keeps reminding me that you never know what will go on market next week!! Haha. Still stressful but the home we live in now is great(minus the basement I'm dreaming of for storage and extra living space)! Our main issue is schools and yard size! The specific area we are looking in has nice new homes but the homes are on top of each other, and that's a deal breaker for us. I would love an older home with good bones and a great yard, then just go in and redo it all!!! 

ETA:I only read the part that I was tagged in. I'm so sorry for your losses. Sadly, people just seem to say the wrong thing and it makes things worse. They think they are helping and they aren't. 

And four bathrooms with fun tile sounds awesome. May I ask, did you match them or do a different look in all of them?? I'm all for different looks but my DH likes the same tile/look in the whole house! Lol. We have 2 bathrooms all with the same tile/look/finishings...drives me mad. Also the same tile in the kitchen and foyer! He loves it. I mean, I like stuff to 'flow' but I don't mind different looks. Hehe. We bought it this way, he didn't pick it out(just wanted to clarify). Thank goodness it's neutral/beautiful gray color and matches anything I do to the home. Designing four bathrooms....and a kitchen my Pintrest would be blown up. Hahahahahah @yellow1daisy