Baby Names

Sister(?) for Silas

Working in baby #2 now, and I like to plan ahead. I appreciate the help!

DS is Silas Eldon. Had he been a girl he would have been Iris Eileen. DH is still set on this name, and while I love it alone, I'm very aware of how matchy it is... the only other name we can agree to consider is Sage Eileen. 

So, Iris, Sage or other ideas?? We don't like made up names, weird spellings or anything too common. Middle name will be Eileen. 

THANKS

Re: Sister(?) for Silas

• Any chance Eileen could become the first name?

Otherwise,  Juniper, Rosemary, or Laurel could be a nice floral/herbal name.
  • Yeah I can't quite get behind Silas and Iris it's so matchy and I imagine your entire life being a tongue twister. I don't hate Sage but prefer it on a boy. Suggesting

Dahlia
    Daphne
    Ivy
    camille 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't like Sage at all with Silas. Silas is such an old name and Sage sounds almost new-age. I'd go with a sweet sounding old fashioned name instead:
    Sadie
    Adelaide (Addie)
    Josephine (Josie)
    Emeline (Emme)
    Frances (Frannie)

• NAF of Sage or Iris with Silas. 

Julia/ Juliet
    Holly
    Tessa
    Rosalind

DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Marigold
    Hazel
    Willow
    Sienna/Sierra
    Rosemary
  • Thank you all for the input… I would be fine with Eileen as the first name, but my husband doesn't love it. Sadie was another name we considered but that was the name of his first girlfriend a million years ago… It really doesn't bother me but he keeps bringing it up so maybe it's weird? Haha... I have suggested Hazel and Laurel but he doesn't like either one. My name is holli so that doesn't work.

Etta is a nn I like but I don't love any of the full names! 

Thanks and i appreciate any other ideas! 
  • NAF of Sage or Iris with Silas. 

Julia/ Juliet
    Holly
    Tessa
    Rosalind

lol oops I just realized your name is Holli. I like Sadie, which reminds me of another suggestion: Sylvia? 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I do like Sylvia, but hubby doesn't :-/
  • I don't like either with Silas. Sorry. Sage is less matchy than Iris, but I wouldn't pick same initial names. Suggest: Ivy, Isla, Willow, Piper, Rosemary, Rosalie, Genevieve
  • Arden Eileen?! 
  • kaylaakosuakaylaakosua member
    edited February 2017
    My DS is Silas and my Step DD is Iris, it has never sound matchy to us when we call them (2 years apart).
    If this baby is a boy he will be named Elias (what I wanted with DS1) or Matias. I have sisters Jan and Jenn, once they develop their personalities the matchiness tends to fade. 

If this baby is a girl we will name her Freya. My other SDD are Eden and Aria

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Thank you for the feedback! I love your other girl names too!
  • what about:

Nora

Eloise

Sarah

Sylvia/Sylvie

Alice

• As an alternative to Iris, I was going to suggest Irene until I realized Eileen is the middle... Irene Eileen would be silly but maybe Irene if you change you mind on the middle.

also suggesting or seconding---

Phoebe Eileen
    Ruby Eileen
    Delia Eileen 
    Fiona Eileen
    Keira Eileen
    Clara Eileen
    Audra Eileen
    Alice Eileen
    Cecilia Eileen
    Calista Eileen