August 2017 Moms

Recommend your Pregnancy Pillow

I'm not a FTM but DS is 6 so I have forgotten a lot! Haha.
Can any mamas recommend their favorite pregnancy pillow? I know it's a little early but I know I want to get one soon :-)
Amazon links are even better!

Re: Recommend your Pregnancy Pillow

• I got the J shaped one and hated it. I ended up with a traditional body pillow and that worked great!
  • I just have a small cylindrical pillow. This is my second pregnancy and I already need it.  It's a lot cheaper than buying an actual pregnancy pillow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • hupp0013hupp0013 member
    edited January 2017
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Haha, last time I used a regular pillow between my knees and a stuffed whale to support my baby belly. Worked great!
  • I second the snoogle. It was even helpful after baby was born! 
  • FTM here. Never heard of a pregnancy pillow before. Is it recommended to get? At how many weeks should I be getting one?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hupp0013hupp0013 member
    edited January 2017
    @Kathryn0903 a regular  body pillow was originally recommended to me.  I didn't like the regular body pillow and moved on to the pregnancy pillow after if was recommended on my original BMB.  I didn't get it until later on my first pregnancy.  I think around the time they recommend to stop sleeping on your back.  Maybe around 17 weeks?  It all depends on your comfort level though.  I got mine out because I was trying to sleep more on my stomach and my boobs hurt, so it too some of the pressure off.
    ETA: corrected auto correct typo
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have the today's mom pregnancy pillow from my first pregnancy and I was obsessed. I did not want to give that thing up. Husband doesn't love it but it was so comfy and not hot! 
  • @Jmccabe12210 that looks so comfortable.  It also looks like it wouldn't fit on my bed.  I hear you on the pillow not being hot!  That was part of the reason I hated my regular body pillow.  It made me too hot.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I used a regular $9 body pillow from target. I'm already feeling like I need it because I'm constantly waking up uncomfortable at night. 
  • I loved it because I move around in my sleep a lot so I never really had to adjust the pillow. I got mine on Zulilly for under $100. If you are a pretty stationary sleeper I would think you may not need the one that wraps completely around. 
  • @Jmccabe12210 I have the same pillow! DH hates it but I love it!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• I have the Bump Nest from my last pregnancy, but I don't think they are selling them anymore. However, if you can find one on a b/s/t or ebay...they're awesome.

Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• Reading this thread just kinda confirms that I think most of my later pregnancy is going to be spent sleeping on the guest bed. I sleep like crap now, my mattress sucks, and my H snores, so the idea of starfishing with my giant pillow allllll by myself sounds kinda like heaven.  

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a Snoogle fan!

Just started using it a couple of days ago (even though I'm barely 10 weeks). Baby has been giving me mean heartburn and my OB recommended I try sleeping on my left side to keep it at bay. It did work. I normally sleep on my stomach, so this pillow as been a life saver!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have the Boppy custom fit prego pillow. I stored it away after my last pregnancy and I am about to get it out again. I'm not the biggest fan of t because it has Velcro because it breaks off into 3 seperate peices. Velcro makes annoying noises and pokes at your belly. 
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a U shaped pillow from my last pregnancy, but that thing took up so much room in the bed, and it often made me hot. 

Im just sticking with my regular body pillow this time. I think it was $10 at Target. 
  • Love my snoogle.  I also have another one from Zulily, but I can't remember the name and don't like it as much.  Snoogle is in my son's room currently, but am breaking it out soon in bed.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a small wedge pillow from BRU that fit nicely under the bump and will use that again when the time comes. Sometimes I would place a regular pillow in between my knees. 
  • I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm really wanting a pillow this time. Has anyone tried both the whole "u" pillow and the "j" ones?  Which did you prefer?

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm really wanting a pillow this time. Has anyone tried both the whole "u" pillow and the "j" ones?  Which did you prefer?
    I prefer the J shape over the U. The U took up so much room in our bed, and often made me hot. 
  • I have the U shape and it does take up a lot of room.  I don't understand why we don't go back to the I Love Lucy days and have separate beds. lol I didn't try the J shape pillow but I toss and turn a lot and the U shape just makes me not have to adjust the pillow. If you're a sound sleeper the J should be fine. 
  • @Jmccabe12210 I'm trying to think back to how I sleep once "bigger."  I think I hardly move but hmm...

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump - FTM so I don't have the experience but I asked a few friends about it - all said they like the U shaped more except my best friend who said she actually used her nursing pillow during her second child. I'm not sure how that worked but she likes to just have a pillow between her legs to help her get comfy and stay still. 

@Jmccabe12210 - DH and I have already said that if sleeping gets too uncomfortable at some point we are ok sleeping in a different bed from eachother here and there - just so we don't get too behind on sleep before the baby even gets here. lol. We actually did this when we first got our pup and had to get up a lot in the night - after a week or two we each got one night on the weekend where we slept in the spare room & had no puppy duty for the night. We got that from my sister - she and her DH did this with their new son after 3 months or so since at that point he would take breast milk from breast or bottle.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I have a snoogle and love it - and so do the dogs