August 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in Week of 2/6

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? If so, what? Feel free to post pictures!
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in Week of 2/6

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Im 29 and DH is 27, started ttc #1 in April 2016, and had a loss in July at 9 weeks. 

How far along are you?  14 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!! Hello Second Trimester!

How are you doing? okay today.  Today is my EDD from my previous pregnancy, and Im feeling like im in a funk today. Its an odd feeling, and I just want it to be tomorrow . . .

When is your next appointment? Thursday, just a normal checkup and I think the Glucose test, ugh.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am just so happy that I am in my second trimester! 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? If so, what? Feel free to post pictures! I do! A 3 year old Havanese (see profile photo)

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! I'm Stephanie, both myself and DH are 30. I had a miscarriage in May 2016 at 17 weeks and a chemical pregnancy at 4 wks in November 2016. 

How far along are you? 11 weeks

How are you doing? Still the same- nausea, not wanting to eat anything but having to eat every two hrs otherwise nausea. Endless cycle. 

When is your next appointment? This Fri for a general appt before my NT scan on next Monday. Also going for my first tri bloodwork this Weds. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Had my Panorama bloodwork on Thursday. I asked in the Monday ticker change, but I'll ask here too- how long did it take you to get your results if you did this? I'm hoping it'll be in before my NT scan Monday since that's historically when I got the news about **possible tw** my 1:45 DS risk and needed a CVS procedure. **end tw**

we are crazy dog parents and celebrate our dog's bdays (together since they're so close). My bichon Cody is now 12 and my mini poodle Layla is now 13. We adopted them when they were 7 and 11. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Myself 31, DH 32.  We previously suffered to 2 chemical pregnancies, and 1 loss at 6 weeks.
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks.
    How are you doing? 
    Pretty good.  We have a home doppler, so every few days we listen to the heartbeat, just enough to make sure it's still there.  We announced yesterday.  We meant to only tell family, but got carried away and made the whole public/social media announcement.  We realized mid-way that some of our relatives are really gossipy, so why not beat them to the punch.  Now I'm feeling a little anxious again.  Announcing feels a little like tempting fate.  All of these other people are involved now.  If anything bad happens, we have to un-tell them.  Is anybody else getting this feeling?
    February 14.  Another nutrition appointment.  Sigh.  I wonder how many of these I have to have. 
    My parents are so excited!  It's adorable.  My mom is buying baby clothes left and right and my Dad is stressing about Grandparent names.  My parents are divorced, so this baby will have 6 grandparents.  Luckily nobody seems to want the same name. Whew.
    I have two herding dogs.  Very smart with lots of attitude.  :)
  • @szwill86 Your dogs are adorable!  FX for your NT scan on Monday! My parents have a dog named Layla.  She is a 12.5 year old black lab mix. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm Lauren, 35, DH is 36 and DS is 17 mos. I had a MC in October and this is hopefully our rainbow baby! 

How far along are you? 
    11 weeks today. I told DH this morning baby was the size of a line and he said oh shit! That makes it seem way more real, he's getting big! He assumes it's another boy of course ;)

How are you doing?
    Ok I guess. I was really happy last Monday after seeing our little one at the first ultrasound. But now I have another week to wait now for the NT scan and to do the bloodwork. So it hit me today that it's about to be another couple of weeks of pure anxiety hoping for the all clear. 

2/13 and then 2/20. I am super excited and super scared all at the same time. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: TWD returns this Sunday and I can't wait!!

no fur babies. My dog and cat both passed away a couple months from each other in 2015, one before and one after DS was born. It was such a hard time. We just aren't any kind of ready to replace them yet. Maybe in a few years. All of your pups are too cute tho! 

Here is one of the last pics I have with DH DS and my cat, his name was Shithead. No lie. He was a naughty kitten but the very best cat anyone could have asked for 
    <3 

• @dmbfan46835 is the 13th your NT scan? If so, that's when mine is, too! I also forgot that TWD comes back- thanks for the reminder! Sorry for your pet losses. I don't think I'll be able to get another pet when mine pass. I did have to laugh at your cat's name, though- no disrespect meant!!
  • @szwill86 yes ma'am! 3pm Monday, as if I can sit at my desk ALL DAY and get anything of value done. And then then blood tests I think? I didn't do any of this with DS so I am so lost on all of it! Are you freaking out? Most of the July moms got good news back but there have been a couple of our August moms that have gotten not so great NT results. So I'm more freaked than ever. 

i was 18 when I got that cat and he was the biggest asshole! Completely shredded my first apartment. And then he mellowed and was the love of my life! Like to the point that I was super worried I wouldn't be able to love my baby as much. So ridiculous. The vet used to always laugh at his name and his appt reminder cards always said "it's time for Shithead's annual check up" and we would just crack up! 
  • @lefin I feel that exact same way about telling people! Our closest friends are coming in town on Thursday (I'll be 13+3) and we're going to tell them in person before telling other friends. Just this weekend I was telling DH how I'm getting nervous to tell them and everyone because once they know, they can't UNknow. It's terrifying to me!

I'm 25 and DH is 26. We had a loss in August 2016 at about 7 weeks. We have 1 dog and live in the PNW. 

How far along are you? 13 weeks

How are you doing? Good. Happy to be so close to the second tri!

When is your next appointment? Not til 16 weeks :(

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Last week toward the end of the week I tried out the Doppler again and couldn't find the heartbeat. I only tried for like 5 mins but queue the crazy worry after that. Then I tried again this weekend and found it immediately and it was so loud! I was on our bed and DH was in the bathroom (using the bathroom haha) and I turned it up loud and yelled to him and he could even hear it from the toilet! Haha then the baby moved and it went away but that's all I needed!

GTKY: Do you have any pets? If so, what? Feel free to post pictures! We have 1 boxer/lab mix that's named Jasmine. She's about 5 maybe 6? She's not very intelligent, but she sure knows how to snuggle!
  • szwill86szwill86 member
    edited February 2017
    @dmbfan46835 3pm?? Good luck waiting! Mine is 8:15am so I wouldn't have to stew all day over it. I did the bloodwork last time so that it was ready at the time of my NT scan bc that measurement coupled with the bloodwork is what gives the risk factors for the trisomies. I'm hoping my bloodwork (going this weds at 11+3) or my Panorama is in before Monday so I can go into the scan a little more at ease since my bloodwork was the negative nelly last pregnancy for me. 

@mokay19 that dang doppler! It is a big bone of contention between my DH and I bc he says it makes my PGAL brain worse if I can't find the HB (which it does). I tried to order one on the DL but he was home when the package came that said from "babydoppler.net"  :s Sometimes that quick sound is all you need for peace of mind! Also- your pup is so cute!
  • @mokay19  I have a love hate relationship with the doppler.  Every time so haven't found the heart beat, I have had nightmares about it.  I am glad you found it and that it was loud!
    @dmbfan46835 losing pets is so hard.  I have just recently started wanting another pet.  I hope the time passes quickly until your next appointments!
    @Lefin I can totally understand the thoughts about tempting fate.  I am glad your parents are really excited though!
    @szwill86 your pups are so cute!
    @littlebug2010 Yay for 2nd trimester!

I am Christine.  I have 2 DDs and have had 2 CPs as well.

How far along are you? 
    11 weeks 6 days

How are you doing?  Pretty good.  I sill don't feel the best, but it is normal at this point and could definitely be worse.

When is your next appointment? 2/15

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I made rice crispy bars.  They definitely hit the spot today.  I set off the smoke detectors when I was making lunch, so that was pleasant.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? If so, what? Feel free to post pictures!  I do not currently have any pets.  This was my handsome pup Wiley.  H will not get another pet until #3 is a little older.

Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yay!  I got my spoiler box to work!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @littlebug2010 be kind to yourself today.  Those milestones are hard.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Me 35, DH 30 - married 2014; 3 MCs and 1 CP, no living children, hoping this is our Rainbow Baby.

How far along are you? 
    10w4d

How are you doing? 
    I had a little scare this past Friday. I went to the ER because I had some pink (that turned red) spotting. Baby is ok (thank goodness), but I was diagnosed with another SCH and now I have a UTI. I'm on antibiotics, which scares me because I've been trying not to take any medications, but I know I need the antibiotics. I feel like the antibiotics are making my headaches worse. Also, I feel the beginnings of a yeast infection.  :|

2/13

I'm feeling emotional not only due to the fact that a lot has gone on since Friday, but I just want everything to be ok with Lil Bub. I feel like taking these antibiotics has given me an irrational fear. I called my doctor about my concerns and she said it's better to clear the infection than for it to get worse, and I know she's right. I cried to DH earlier today about feeling overwhelmed emotionally and physically. He told me he feels like even though I've been feeling terrible, he also knows that all I want is for all of this to be worth it...meaning we don't want another loss. I couldn't have said it better myself - I'm so glad that DH has been very supportive.

No pets - our apartment complex doesn't allow them. :(
  • @littlebug2010 Congrats in making it to the 2nd trimester. Sending you virtual hugs and positive vibes!

@szwill86 I feel you on the nausea and I feel like the antibiotics I'm taking are making it worse. On a lighter note: your doggies are so cute!

@Lefin I've been going back and forth about getting a doppler. I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat!

@dmbfan46835 We both have appointments on 2/13! Ahhh and I'm a TWD fan, too! At least we have this Sunday night to distract us.  :p

@mokay19 Yay! You found the heartbeat! Your dog's face is precious!

@hupp0013 LOL at setting off the smoke detectors. I did that when I tried making nutella pancakes. I'm convinced that DH is a way better cook than me.  :D
  • @mjjc7709 I am sorry you had a scare, but I AM glad baby is ok!  You definitely have a lot going on.  I hope the antibiotics clear up the UTI quickly and that you don't have a yeast infection!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks so much @hupp0013 <3 I've been taking probiotics (took them before pregnancy and doctor said it was ok to continued) and eating yogurt. I'm hoping I don't have to use the cream that the doctor prescribed. 
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    I'm 29 and DH is 31. We have had 3 MCs and we have 1 DS who is 2. 

How far along are you? 
    11 weeks.

How are you doing? 
    I'm doing ok. I feel like I am so busy with DS, work ect this time around that I am not obsessing as much- which is a good thing because I have crazy anxiety.

My NT scan is next Thursday!! So excited and nervous to see LO

I've been on Pintrest trying to find a Valentine's Day photo idea for DS. I feel like he is way too busy for me to try and get him to pose- I may have to call the professionals.

We have a nine year old cat that is my DH's. He's a great cat and wonderful with DS.
  • @littlebug2010 Yay on second trimester!! and Your dog is adorable!!!

@szwill86 AH your dogs and the birthday celebration are so cute!! Can't help with the test results as I've not had that. Hope you get good news soon!

@Lefin a nutrition appointment on Valentine's day with all the chocolate- that seems mean! GL We have 6 grandparents for DS too and their was some serious fighting about 'Grandma' so lucky you!

• Thanks @hupp0013! Wiley looks like he was such a sweetie 

@mjjc7709 yay for the 2/13 appts! @szwill86 is in the same boat too! Will you watch TWD Sunday night? It gets me too amped up so I have to dvr and then watch Monday after DS goes to bed. #lame

I'm Amanda, 35, mom of two with two losses in 2016. I discovered this pregnancy when I was in the ER for pneumonia, less than 3 weeks after my last miscarriage. 
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks!
    How are you doing? 
    I'm okay. Still struggle constantly with nausea and a sour stomach feeling. I just want a break!
    Today! I'm seeing the MFM for the first time and I'm so anxiously about it. I saw one with both my kids, but this is a new guy and isn't known for having the best bedside manner. 
    None today. 
    We have two dogs. We have a 13 year old dachshund mix and a 3 year old cockapoo. I'm a vet, so I can't imagine life without animals! 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• @littlebug2010, due dates are so hard. Being pregnant makes them a little easier, but not completely. I'll have another one to get through in june. 

@szwill86, it took a week to get my Panorama results back. 

@Lefin, family excitement is so fun!

@dmbfan46835, I love seeing what size the baby is. It really does make it more real. 

@mokay19, I could listen to my baby on the doppler all day. Love that sound!

@hupp0013, I made Rice Krispie treats for my son's class last week and I couldn't stop licking the bowl!

Loving all the pet photos!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Caitlin, 29, previous stillborn and a miscarriage 

How far along are you? 
    14 weeks

How are you doing? 
    Starting to feel a little better physically, pretty much the same emotionally though; my anxiety has been exhausting.

Feb 15

I'm getting a prenatal massage tomorrow, and I am super excited about that!

One rescue cat named Gus Gus.  My son calls him Gussy, my husband calls him Gustopher, and I mostly call him Shithead, but in the most lovingly way.

• @dmbfan46835 Yes, I'll most likely watch it as I can't wait lol but I understand why you want to DVR it - not lame at all!

@a2003tiger Good luck with your appointment! And cute pups! 

@ca17ra I feel you on the anxiety. I've been having a lot of crying spells lately.
  • @ca17ra that cat is gorge! I wanna smooch him!  I am such a creepy cat lady in my heart. We had a grey kitten here at work last week that I tried to chase down but he got away. My boss filmed it and showed everyone. Pretty embarrassing. And then our VP bought a stuffed cat and put it in the tree outside of my window to mess with me, lol

• My appointment went mostly well, except that my SCH has grown. So continued pelvic rest, plus very restricted activity. I go back in two weeks. 

Baby boy boy wasn't shy and showed us all his junk, just in case we were doubting the blood test results!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• @dmbfan46835 hahaha!! That's awesome! I'm a crazy cat lady, and it's always a running joke with everyone in my family.

@a2003tiger I hope my baby shows all his junk next week! We should be able to find out the sex, and I'm hoping for another boy!
  • @a2003tiger sorry that the SCH got bigger. It's so frustrating knowing that you were doing everything to help reduce it and it still got bigger. Hang in there! Fx for better news in 2 weeks. Besides that, I'm glad your little guy was not shy!  <3
  • @a2003tiger  I'm sorry to hear that your SCH is bigger. Good luck in the next 2 weeks

How far along are you? 13+6

How are you doing? Worried see below

When is your next appointment? I had my NT scan today. Baby boy looked great. At my first ultrasound my doctor saw a small cyst that she said was hormonal and should go away by the end of my 1st trimester. Today at my ultrasound they still saw the cyst and now also a fibroid. The doctor wasn't worried about it and said it shouldn't have an affect on my pregnancy. I left the appt feeling okay but when I got home I started googling. Now my PGAL is going crazy after looking through a few google searches. Has anyone experienced having a fibroid or cysts during pregnancy?

GTKY: Do you have any pets? If so, what? Feel free to post pictures! I have a 5 yr old beagle mix, named Ace.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok I glad your baby looked great!  I am sorry that you didn't get better news about the cyst and fibroid.
    @a2003tiger I am sorry the SCH grew.  I am glad your baby got looked good though!  Your pets are beautiful too!
    @ca17ra Gus Gus is beautiful!  
    @maebee87  I hope you get some good pictures whatever you decide to do!  I hope your NT scan goes well too!

Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @a2003tiger I'm sorry to hear about the SCH. It looks as though I have another one too (either it's new or it never resolved). I hope things confinue
    to go well! I'm glad you got to see your baby boy and that he wasn't shy!  :)
  • For everyone struggling mentally, remember to take a deep breath. You all are so strong and have gone through so much!!!!! Enjoy every tiny positive moment!

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

I'm Christina (28) my husband is (30) we had a loss last April at 15 weeks to Triploidy. 

How far along are you? 
    13+3! SOOOO CLOOSEEE! 

How are you doing? 
    All things aside I'm GREAT mentally. Amazing Panorama results, awesome NT scan, perfect little heartbeat on the doppler this morning at my appointment. Baby girl is growing away!!! Morning sickness is still lingering unfortunately and by the end of the day I'm totally exhausted but it's getting better. Slowly. 

Just had one this morning so 4 weeks from today!

It's a BEAUTIFUL 70 degrees here in MARYLAND for the second day in a row. haha We're supposed to get a decent snow fall tonight into the morning. Snow day tomorrow?! I wouldn't mind :)

We have two doggies :) Gus and Bella. Bella is a lab mix and down in Alabama already with my husband where we are relocating for his job. My Gus is a pitbull so they won't allow him in his rented apartment so he's hanging out with me until the end of the school year and I head down.
  • Thank you, to everyone who offered encouragement on Monday.  It was tough knowing where I should have been, but being so far away, however, the fact that I got to celebrate going into the second trimester the next day was awesome.  As @cmmiller531 said, we have all gone through something that no one should go through ever, and because of it we are stronger! It is pretty awesome to see all of you on here doing so well, and its so encouraging going through all of these small milestones together!
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @cmmiller531 I am glad you have gotten great results and you are doing well! 
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cmmiller531 what a great update! Congrats on your wonderful results!
  • @dmbfan46835 Uhhhhh how did I miss your cats name?! HAHAHA That's SO freaking awesome. I JUST called my dog Douchesicle this morning. I adore him I do, but he has doggy OCD and takes anti anxiety meds so sometimes he's just that, a douchesicle. 

@szwill86 I wuv your puppies!!! Did you say you already had blood drawn for Panorama? I hope yours is quicker than mine was!! Did they give you a log in so you can check the status online?

I've tried posting my response since yesterday. My computer was HATING The Bump forum for some reason  :|
  • @cmmiller531 I did-last Thursday. They gave me the kit # to register it and of course I've been OCD checking it daily even though it still says "in process." I'm hoping I'll hear tmrw bc I'd like to know before my NT scan on Monday. 
  • @szwill86 That's how I was! I hope you hear by tomorrow too! I got my call literally the morning of my NT scan. 
  • @cmmiller531 fingers crossed emoji over here. My appt is at 8:15am Monday and I know the company is not the same time zone as me (from my multiple calls to them...) so tmrw is my last shot to hear from them. With a previous hx of negative bloodwork results at my last NT, I'm hoping to hear anything from somewhere! 
    It's been awhile since I have posted (the exhaustion is real!), but I'm Marissa, DH and I are both 34 and had a mmc last March at 11 1/2 weeks
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks today
    How are you doing? 
    Good! Feeling better now that I'm in second trimester, both physically and emotionally. I still love my home doppler more than I probably should, but I feel much more at peace with everything.
    I have my second OB appointment February 21. Anatomy scan is booked for March 15.
    Second trimester is amazing! I have energy again (hence being online to post), and overall feeling good. We announced a couple weeks ago, and everyone has been so supportive. Best of luck to the rest of you ladies!
    My two big babies!

Wishing everyone who is going through their NT scans and other testing the best this week!