February 2017 Moms

FFFC!!! 2/10

I know we haven't had this in a few weeks so we should have some good ones! 
*not guaranteed to be flame free*

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC!!! 2/10

• Loading the player...
  • Me too @MLRocha! I think we have to bring the baby with us but still, give me all the palm trees!

@poetryandoceans my friend who is having a similar problem right now grabbed these to try:

https://www.nickisdiapers.com/geffen-baby-absorbers-inserts.html

I'm thinking of ordering some now to have around JIC. We're trying prefolds too. 
  • I have a second confession...  My sole responsibility at work seems to be communicating my Director's requests to my analyst and answering questions as he starts to take over my job.  I'm not doing much work and no one wants to give me anything new.  Even inviting me to meetings is becoming a "well, you might not be here, so not sure you should be included" kind of thing.  And, many co-workers are starting to ask when I'm going to start working from home because I look like I "could go at any minute".

This is leading to the previously mentioned vacation planning/dreaming and lots of Lumosity games and constant checks of every social media app I use.

Maybe I should just start working from home and accept that it's going to be a boring waiting game till baby arrives?  At least I could be watching every episode of the Gilmore Girls and keeping my feet elevated?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PerraSucia wins today.   I always said the nursing cover blanket doubled as a napkin on their heads. 

I just googled breaking your own water at home. . . Not going to do it, but I keep finding myself bouncing and that isn't working.   I feel like his head is right there and if I could just get contractions going we could get this baby out!

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6? Omg that sounds like a coat hanger situation 
  • @Partyof6? Omg that sounds like a coat hanger situation 
    Yeah,  mainly lead to articles on why it isn't safe (duh) and then more on old wives tales on inducing labor at home. 

I was feeling desperate,  lol.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FFFC that may also interest @Partyof6? is that I'm actually considering labor inducing cream cheese: https://www.ericslapatisserie.com/labor-inducing-cream-cheese.html

It's not far from where I live. I actually hate cream cheese but not half as much as I hate the idea of hitting 41. 
  • FFFC that may also interest @Partyof6? is that I'm actually considering labor inducing cream cheese: https://www.ericslapatisserie.com/labor-inducing-cream-cheese.html

It's not far from where I live. I actually hate cream cheese but not half as much as I hate the idea of hitting 41. 
    Okay meet you in Worcester!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • FFFC this week is pretty petty and mainly just me throwing myself a pity party..
    I kind of hate all of you who can afford to do newborn pics. Everything is so expensive where I am, and H really doesn't see the appeal in spending large sums of money on baby pictures. I obviously know that I can take pictures myself and I already have quite a few ideas planned, but it's the precious ones where it would be just H and the baby or just me and the baby or the 3 of us. Those are the ones that I really want. And yes, again, as an alternative I can get a friend to take a few. (That was our plan) But I'm already so self conscious and I would just love to have pictures done by someone who can edit well and who for sure will give us the product I'm imagining. 

I've legit cried about stupid pictures. I feel ridiculous
  • @srscott3 this was my exact situation with DS1 and I have guilted my H about it basically until now. 

We are personally super terrible photographers so our ones we took were all shitty iPhone pictures. 
  • @srscott3 I wish I could take pictures for you! 
  • Ahhhh, I love all of you again. Thank you for the suggestions! I never even thought to look for students!

@ColeBug89 AW those photos! Please! I was just being jealous ;) which may also be because I'm jealous of all the outside babies. But I still love to see all the squishy faces!

@Patience7150 I'm so happy the pictures helped you bond! 
  • @srscott3 you should also look into your hospital's options. we chose a doula over a newborn photo shoot. i was upset bc i really wanted some. but found out our hospital had really reasonable prices and an excellenr photographer.  That might be an option?
  • I seriously think your hamsters need to become internet celebrities @marriedhamstermom
    I second this.
  • @becbec28 I'm such a jelly bitch. Last time i wanted cheesecake everyday and this time I want to be a skinny bitch again. 
  • @PerraSucia I'm hungry all the freaking time! Lol and I want all the junk food. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @peachesnbean don't feel guilty about that. Really. In my last few weeks H was sick, I was sick and when we both finally felt better I was getting up constantly to pee and could only sleep in a few comfortable positions. So I moved to the guest room and stayed there until I gave birth. It helped us both sleep better and feel better. Just make sure you schedule some cuddle time to make up for the loss of intimacy :)
  • Am I the only one who would rather not be touched, let alone cuddled? 
    I cuddle my kid, of course, but man I don't want to be within feet of anyone otherwise 
  • @poetryandoceans
    I hate you. 
    I just cried nearly as much as my LO. The every two or three hours deal is awful. My LO just wants to be held and will stay awake and fussy until she's actually hungry again. My husband sleeps most of the night, only waking up when she's been loud for a while and I'm breaking down. Then he gives me a "pep talk" about how great I'm doing and that I just need to push through etc. 

My mom suggested that I stop going by the 2-3 hour recommendations as long as she's making plenty of wet and poopy diapers. I'm thinking that once my milk supply has been well established and we've gone back to exclusive breast feeding (she's getting over jaundice), I'll ease up on the schedule. 
  • Am I the only one who would rather not be touched, let alone cuddled? 
    I cuddle my kid, of course, but man I don't want to be within feet of anyone otherwise 
    Ever or currently?
  • @sadiec92 I'm really sorry to hear you're having a rough time. It sounds like it would be helpful if your husband could take the baby in the evening one night so you could at least get some sleep between feeds. It's amazing how fast 3 hours sleep becomes this lovely restorative rest; four months ago, if I only got 3 hours of sleep I'd be miserable. Now I feel human with that.

if your baby is back to birthweight and isn't waking to feed, I don't think you need to stick to the schedule as firmly. If the baby will sleep for 4 hours, by all means let her!! Theo is convinced if he doesn't eat every two hours the world will end...

after about a week and a half, I started pumping after feeds to increase supply and unclog ducts, and that bottle feed my husband takes is a lifesaver. I know all babies are different, and theo had a good latch from the start, but we use the comotomo bottles my breastfeeding counsellor recommended, and he's never had a problem going back and forth. Starting pumping that early hasn't hurt my supply, so if it's something you're on the fence about, it might help.