April 2017 Moms
Options

Weird pressure

Maya101111Maya101111 member
edited February 2017 in April 2017 Moms
I am 31 weeks and I went to see my gynae last Monday, I told her I have been having dull pains which feel like the pains I get before my period. I also feel a pressure in my groin area now and again as if baby is pushing down. 

She says it can be braxton hicks and taught me how to look out in case I go into preterm labor. I am carrying small and low and worry I wont know if anything is wrong or if I over react.

anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Weird pressure

• Options
    My OB said as long as the contractions aren't consistent, and there's not discharge or bleeding, it's most likely BH. I've recently had some bad pelvic pain that my chiropractor was able to treat with pelvic massage. Definitely not comfortable, but it is helping me walk better. 

I always say go with your gut. If you feel like something is really off, then call your doctor. That's what they're there for. Hope that helps. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Maya101111 I have notices a downward pressure in my vagina the last couple of days as well (31+4). It isn't painful, but I notice it most when I stand from sitting, or if I sit on a hard surface. I plan to ask my OB about it this week at my appt but since it isn't painful and I haven't had any bleeding/increased discharge I feel like it is probably just normal pregnancy stuff. Mine does not feel like contractions, it feels like a mostly constant dull pressure. 
  • Options
    Those pressure/cramps feelings are all normal. I am also carrying small and low. Contractions would be very regular and would increase in intensity. My OB says to call if you feel regular pains longer than a few hours while resting. The babies are all sitting fancy and gaining weight in 3T. The more weight they gain the more strain our muscles will feel. Also, I would drink some water. I feel more cramps when I need some hydration. 
  • Options
    Seconding what everyone else said.  It can be surprisingly painful. I was caught off guard when they started for me again and then remembered the joys of third tri.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Hey thank for this, Yes she did suggest Braxton hicks and baby was still all day but started kicking slightly now just before I checked on this post. So she says to just monitor movement and those few other signs. thank you so much!!
  • Options
    I've had cramping pressure, pain, you name it for weeks now. All is good! Pregnancy can simply hurt and suck at times :)