April 2017 Moms
Options

SIP N' SEE....Have you had one or been to one?

So I didn't want a shower because this is our 2nd and we're pretty much set.  My mom wants to help co-host a sip and see with me, but I have no idea what goes into it.  I'm reading articles trying to figure out what exactly goes on, but wanted to know if any of you momma's have had one or attended one.  I'm thinking about having it a month after LO is born.

Re: SIP N' SEE....Have you had one or been to one?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have thought about this too as this is our 2nd. I don't think I would do a month out just because May is a bit crazy. 
  • Options
    I definitely don't want too many people visiting early on  especially when trying to establish breast feeding. Maybe just my mom, sisters, and MIL for a bit at the hospital. For the rest I plan to send out a mass message with something along the lines of. "Please respect our privacy as we get used to our family of 3, we will let you know when we are ready for visitors." I have spoken to DH and he is going to back me up 100% If people have an issue they will need to get over it.
  • Options
    MWoodside said:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I am super weird about people touching my newborn/infant so I would never want one of these. Also, many women are still bleeding/healing a month out so personally I would not feel up to a big party that soon after birth.
    YES! My sentiments exactly. I'm FTM and DHs fam dropped ball on shower  (not considering we are 3 hours away and moving out of state in Feb....lots going on) so his aunt reached about Sip N See. All their family (like 50+) are in/near that city. I politely declined.

I can't imagine riding 3 hours with newborn....plus my emotions and body and beeastfeeding. I don't see myself enjoying it.
    .I see myself having meltdown