August 2017 Moms

Clothing and Accessories

Re: Clothing and Accessories

• @belmont1785 I second what @DDRGirlie is saying about Pink Blush / Zulily. I buy shirts and dresses from them all the time, including the maternity stuff, even though I'm not pregnant anymore. Their clothes are high quality, cute, and can be worn when not pregnant.  :)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Got my maternity jeans out of the attic tonight and also found some yoga pants I forgot about. Win!
  • Loading the player...
  • morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited February 2017
    Just got my clearance shipment from motherhood. I recommend Motherhood maternity for any plus size mommas out there. Plus size maternity is scarce or if it's out there it's ugly or I'll fitting. 30% off all clearance right now. 
  • morgy_bee said:
    Just got my clearance shipment from motherhood. I recommend Motherhood maternity for any plus size mommas out there. Plus size maternity is scarce or if it's out there it's ugly or I'll fitting. 30% off all clearance right now. 
    Fellow plus size mama here! I got some great stuff from Motherhood last month. I practically live in their leggings (and have since my last pregnancy; DD is 16 months). Thanks for the heads up re the sale! 
  • megaroo42megaroo42 member
    edited February 2017
    After lurking for a while, I thought that I'd jump on the bandwagon. I'm a FTM who is also petite (5'2" and 125 lbs pre-prego) and busty. It's been a struggle to find clothes that fit without overwhelming my body. 

I've ordered second-hand clothes from thredUP and Poshmark and have had good results! I found that H&M Mama, ASOS Maternity, GAP Maternity, Seraphine and Maternal America fit a petite frame well, and come in tons of colors and prints. As a petite person, I also found that Motherhood Maternity items just didn't fit my body well. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy that I bought 3 dresses and one pair of work pants for $65 from thredUP and I found a cute dress for only $25 from ASOS on Poshmark. It's amazing how expensive maternity clothes are regularly!
  • Where is a good place to find shorter length (26/28) pregnancy jeans?
  • LivLew said:
    Where is a good place to find shorter length (26/28) pregnancy jeans?
    Motherhood has jeans that come in petite size.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LivLew said:
    Where is a good place to find shorter length (26/28) pregnancy jeans?
    Motherhood has jeans that come in petite size.
    I found that GAP and H&M Mama are good for shorter lengths.
  • Ladies any advice on where to buy a fancy dress for a wedding?
  • @Leni410 Loft maternity has some cute dresses online.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Leni410 pink blush has a ton of dresses, fancy enough for a wedding.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Depending on how fancy I believe Rent the Runway has a "bump friendly" section. 
  • edited February 2017
    @leni410 @Jmccabe12210 is right, try rent the runway too if you need fancy. They have an option for body type that includes bump friendly. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Thanks ladies! I told my husband I was just going to wear yoga pants at this rate.
  • @Leni410 I have a wedding to attend at 18 weeks and my little sister's college graduation at 27 weeks. I just ordered 2 dresses off of zuillily. Others have mentioned it already - shipping is going to take forever but I'm hoping one of those will work. Neither will be super fancy though. I haven't found anything that fancy in my searching so I'd go with rent the runway like others have suggested.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @leni410 and @kvh22  I just got a dress I ordered off zulily, about 2 weeks ago (i dont remember the exact date, might be closer to 3 weeks) and so there is time to order from there.  Rent the runway is cool, but I found they have limited stuff.  PinkBlush maternity has a ton of stuff, and some is pretty fancy.  The dress I just got from zulily is pink blush, so if I did in fact get the right size, the I for sure will be ordering from there more.  My little sisters college graduation is also when I will be 27 weeks, and I want something pretty, and possibly purple (her schools color).  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @Leni410 I highly recommend buying a non-maternity empire waisted dress with a lot of fabric that you might want to wear again some day. I got two at Nordstrom in 2014 and still love them. I'm trying to find similar options to post here, but they have a ton (I'm on my phone). The hardest part of these kinds of dresses though is figuring out the pregnant bra situation...

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/show-me-your-mumu-luna-halter-gown/4471263?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=LIGHT LAVENDER

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/loveappella-v-neck-jersey-maxi-dress-regular-petite/3965546?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=MIDNIGHT

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/lulus-plunging-neck-metallic-gown/4493062?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=METALLIC GOLD

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @Leni410 ASOS has a good variety of maternity dresses (styles and price). I've started to look around to get ideas for an upcoming wedding when I'll be about 6 mo. ASOS has long or short dresses, cocktail and formal. Most of their dresses also have this cool feature where you can watch a model walk wearing the dress so you can see how the fabric moves. 
  • I bought maturity cloths at value village or also known in some states as savers. But only a few things. Most of the time I would just wear a long shirt or undershirt and leave my pants unbuttoned haha it worked
  • I'm going to go Check out some local stores later today. Wish me luck that I find something :)
  • I just ordered from h&m maternity. They have nice looking basic tees and patterned tees. I got 5 tops plus 1 pair of skinny jeans for $71.50. right now they are having 20% off plus free shipping with promo code until tomorrow. 
  • @brookedeyo I just bought my first pair of maternity jeans from h&m and love them!
  • I went out and bought some comfy sports bras today because my regular bras (even the stretched out ones) are starting to fail me. My reaction to most of the bras I tried on:
    I ended up with some Calvin Klein ones that were $30 a piece and had a little padding for nip coverage.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brookedeyo is H&M maternity sold in stores or only online?
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok my h&m has a small maternity section. Pretty limited for tops, but they had a good jeans selection. 
  • LOL @SpotConlon - I need some new ones too and that is not encouraging!   

We are headed to FL on the 17th and I ordered a one piece from Amazon that is actually pretty decent. I scouted out Nordstrom and Asos (and Gap, Old Navy, Pea in the Pod) before deciding on this one and am pleased. Maternity tankinis were always too big in the chest and my bump isn't really bikini ready...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HSEGKTQ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @SpotConlon I need bras so bad. I haven't bought any since I was pregnant with DS. So over 2 years. The hooks and eyes are falling off and my boobs are hanging out the bottom of the cups.  I just told dh I needed to get some new ones and he said what happened to the ones you bought when you were pregnant with Henry?  Ummmmm, I've been wearing them. This from the man who owns underwear that cost around  $20 a pair.
  • @donehue Pre-pregnancys, I'm a 32DDD/34DD so I definitely wasn't going to invest in new bras in a new size that will be somewhat expensive, especially if I'm just going to get bigger. Trying to figure out my size in sports bras was a comedy of errors, but that's why I take about a million of everything into the dressing room. 

Also, that swimsuit looks cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britvahok I used online and it came quickly. I avoid malls so I wasn't checking in store. 
  •  started buying a couple "maternity" things and i decided to buy some nursing bras and a nursing tank top from Cotton On to try on and see what i thought of them. you can always find a promo code for online purchases so it's pretty cheap. and i'm already wearing the nursing bra -- haha --  it's soo soft and doesn't have a hard underwire but keeps good shape. kinda love it! just thought i'd share :)
  • Just got notification that the Zulily jeans I ordered almost a month ago were delivered!! So excited to try them on, I might cry if they don't fit. Heading to H&M online in a bit, old navy etc has a solid sale going on too. I'm trying to limit what I get, but my clothes are not really cutting it anymore!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 That's a long time for Zulily, but check out PinkBlush from that site. I love all of the maternity shirts and dresses I got on the site!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @em1017 thanks for the tip! DH keeps making fun of me because my bras are barely covering half of my boobs. It's time to go shopping!
  • @em1017 I just looked at CottonOn website and when I clicked on maternity it came up no products found? Do they only carry it in store or did they just recently stop? Wah (totally whining) I really need new bras  :s
  • @delizab -- crazy!! just went on to look, and in the last few weeks they must've removed their maternity collection :(. i bought my things online from their website at the end of February... it used to be part of the BODY line specifically for maternity. sooo bummed! maybe they still have some of it in stores?
  • @delizab -- their regular bralettes and sports bras are cute & comfy too though
  • I know this has been touched on a little already, but what do people recommend for bras? I definitely don't want to spend a lot on new bras so VS is out for now lol. I know I've seen people recommend nursing bras, but if I'm not going to nurse should I still get a nursing/maternity bra?
    Also underwear are getting tighter. Go up a size or maternity underwear?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kathryn0903 all the bras and bralettes on Aerie (American Eagle) are on sale right now! 
  • It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

• I know this has been touched on a little already, but what do people recommend for bras? I definitely don't want to spend a lot on new bras so VS is out for now lol. I know I've seen people recommend nursing bras, but if I'm not going to nurse should I still get a nursing/maternity bra?
    Also underwear are getting tighter. Go up a size or maternity underwear?
    I wouldn't get nursing bras. I would just get sports bras or bralettes. Once I weaned, my boobs quickly shrank. Like in days. I would get nursing pads for leakage though.