January 2016 Moms

Milestone Monday

It's been a while since we've shared milestones. What new things is your LO doing lately? 

Re: Milestone Monday

• David is getting more comfortable with walking-- he took 7-8 steps a few days ago and since then has gotten bolder, making attempts without us conning him into it :) 

He also just learned how to climb over the ottoman we use to separate the living/ dining rooms (more importantly, he can land on the far side without injury) and how to get up onto the couch. Lots of climbing over here!
  • Harper is walking almost all the time now and getting fast! She's also mastering the climbing onto and off if the couch. She just figured out how to put the mega blocks together and was really proud. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Claire walks all around so far! We are working on stacking but she likes to destroy more than stack lol. She doesnt say many words yet. Just mum and dad.. babbles a lot though. She loves putting things in other things, usually outting something too big in something too small then gets angry ..
  • Brynlee has figured out how to get off the couch, but it's too high for her to climb up onto. Her dance moves have gotten pretty impressive... the girl can shake it ;) also, she's learned to tickle and loves to shout "tickle tickle" as she chases her brother and sister through the house. 
    Oh! I'm super proud of these ones. She had been learning sign from her big brother (2 year old) and can sign please, play, eat, more, thank you, and more! She can also identify about 8 body parts on herself or other people! 
  • Gina is walking all over now too! She loves rocking on her rocking horse all by herself. She also likes to put things on herself than take them off, like her socks or her hat. She says mom, dad, bye and hi. And she likes dusting.. How lucky am I  ;)
  • Oh man, I love the stage that Wren is at these days!
    She is a talking fool! Her favorite words are Dada (of course!), dog, hi, bye, thank you, ball, plane, book, baba (bottle), uh oh...and the list goes on.
    My FAVORITE milestone is her animal noises. You ask her an animal, she makes the noise. She's been doing this for a while now, but seems to add a new noise to her repertoire weekly. My personal loves are her elephant and fish noises. 
    She is also stacking things (and then destroying them), figuring out how to get down from high places, walking (running) everywhere, identifying several body parts, and overall just being a freaking pleasure to raise! 
  • Wowza reading all your posts I feel mine is so behind. She isnt talking (other then mom and dad) and isnt doing any animal noises or body parts.. 
  • My girl is a little on the slow side hitting these milestones. Still not walking at 13 months, and only just starting to add some real words to her vocabulary, (ball, uh-oh, all done). She is so much fun right now though. I am loving this age! 
  • Mine meows like a cat. She also meows for a dog, cow, elephant, and duck haha 
  • @cali1710 I feel the same with not being quite on track with what others are doing- but every baby is so different! I see that having multiples. Each has strengths.. it's really hard not to compare.
    My girls are saying uh-oh, thank you. One says kitty cat and turtle. My son doesn't say much at all, just mama and dada. One walker and I don't expect the other two to walk until 18m (15 adjusted). 
    Our newest thing is blowing kisses

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Graham isn't walking yet, but is cruising all over the place! He has also started to point to different objects and seems to be really interested in what different things are called. He's starting to understand so much!! He says dada, dog, hi, go, cracker, and car. He refuses to have socks or shoes on. He throws the ball for our dogs. Oh, and my new favorite - when he's standing at the bathtub waiting to get undressed, he steps out of his pants for me one leg at a time. Such a fun age!!!!! 
  • We don't have any animal sounds here, either! Although he sure does love when we make them. He also only says a few things: uh oh, Eh (for Ella, the dog), and mama. We speak to him in English and Spanish so I know it will likely take longer for him to start talking, but still I'm looking forward to it! He's not doing several of the things mentioned above but I see his coordination and comprehension improving on a daily basis so I'm not worried!
  • Cedar has mastered so much in the last month! Stop growing already! He can get on and off the couch by himself, he walks everywhere now, knows what lions say (rawr), can clap his hands (honestly he never stops now that he knows how), he says quite a few words (mama, dada, uh-oh, kitty, dog). That's all I can think of for now, but I'm definitely going to keep adding animal noises!

Fun side note, this 18 month old I knew way back knew about 75 different animal noises including: vampire (mwahahahaha), snowman (brrrrr), and Rudolph (blink blink, while flicking his fingers out from his nose). #babygoals
  • Birdie's been walking for a while, but now she's trying to pick up speed and get to a run. She isn't saying much, but signs well, and communicates in her own language. She's getting really good at her shape sorter, and is starting to help clean up. She can climb the stairs (with me hovering,) but we aren't trying going down any time soon. I also love that we can tell her to get something specific, and she knows what we're talking about.  Her toes now touch the floor on her little riding toy, so of course, why ride it when you can do this?

• Zack just started really walking everywhere last week.  Now he has no need for crawling - that's for babies :).  He can go up and down stairs and get off the couch or chairs. He can say mama, Dada, uh oh (usually right before he throws something on the ground), all done, Nonna, and he'll point at something and say 'Dat?' When he wants us to tell him what something is.
    Still not sleeping through the night which is one milestone I'm looking forward too!
  • My favorite baby milestone: points in closet and asks for "ress"(dress). when i say "let's go outside", she brings her shoes and jacket. She can say "acket"(jacket). She points at body parts on her or other people. She climbs on and off couch. She brings the phone asking for "pa-pa" pat a cake song". She brings books for us to read for her, she likes "helping" with household chores , she dances every where even in malls. My all time favorite: when she is whiny in her crib refusing to slee, i go in, the moment she sees/hears me saying "sleeping", she fall on her tummy and plays dead!!
  • For those of you that feel your LO is behind on some milestones, are they your first/only kiddo? I'm finding Brynlee is picking up crazy amounts of things from her older brother and sister, and even the dogs. 
    This week Brynlee has figured out high fives and LOVES touching finger tips (ET phone home). Sometimes she will even say "ET." She barks back at the dog, pretends to snore like daddy, and is constantly pretending to use anything and everything as a phone...
  • For those of you that feel your LO is behind on some milestones, are they your first/only kiddo? I'm finding Brynlee is picking up crazy amounts of things from her older brother and sister, and even the dogs. 

I second this! LO picks up so much from daycare and her half sister! 
  • cali1710cali1710 member
    edited February 2017
    For those of you that feel your LO is behind on some milestones, are they your first/only kiddo? I'm finding Brynlee is picking up crazy amounts of things from her older brother and sister, and even the dogs. 
    This week Brynlee has figured out high fives and LOVES touching finger tips (ET phone home). Sometimes she will even say "ET." She barks back at the dog, pretends to snore like daddy, and is constantly pretending to use anything and everything as a phone...
    Ya mine is the first. She isnt in daycare or anything either. I have her in a swimming and gymnastics program but thats all. She has a few cousins her age or a tad older she plays with but none of them really talk yet either. 
  • Mine is my first. She is in daycare but she is the oldest kid in the room so she doesn't have anyone older to learn from. I think part of it for her is that she is legit the size of a 2 year old, so she looks older than she is so she seems more behind, if that makes sense. In any case I am not stressing about it. Her doc wasn't worried at her 1 year checkup and I know she will figure it all out eventually. 
  • Samuel stares right into my soul and throw his food on the floor at all meal times... does that count hahahah 

he says mama dada and baby he tries to say dog but it isn't that great haha he also clucks like a chicken but that's his only animal noise, he's started being able to point to his nose and things like that, walking everywhere but no climbing yet he's short so I think it'll be a while lol 

oh wait also i taught him to high five yesterday!! So cute lol 
  • Wren is my first, but she is in daycare three days a week, and is the youngest one there. The other kids range from 15 months to 3 years old, so she has a lot of interaction with older kids. I think that is probably why she is such a "talker." And why she started walking pretty early. She has to keep up.

Ya mine is the first. She isnt in daycare or anything either. I have her in a seimming and gymnastics program but thats all. 
  • Does anyone's baby take a nap like a decent human being yet because I am over here like WTF  :s hahaha 
  • kaym6 said:
    Does anyone's baby take a nap like a decent human being yet because I am over here like WTF  :s hahaha 
    I can't say that it's consistent, but we get about an hour nap (sometimes up to 3 hours) every day. But some times she goes down at noon, other times, not until 4 pm. The lack of consistency is enough to make this momma go crazy. 
  • Rose just finally turned 1 today!  (WOO!)  And we're kind of middle of the road with milestones, I think.  She's taken a few steps on her own but is mostly a cruiser at the moment.  She says mom or mama when she's upset and dad or dada when she's happy (thanks a lot Rosie, haha.)  Other than that she's saying "dat" a lot and said no once to the dog.  She stubbornly will NOT repeat words when I ask her to, she only says them when she's feeling it, so I don't know what that's about.  

Otherwise, she loves to high five and can stack blocks (though she prefers to knock down my stacks of blocks.)  She always responds to my requests (can you hand mommy the block, can you hand mommy her phone, lol.)  She's obsessed with waving and will wave bye bye to everyone, including the dog sometimes.  She loves to dance to music and likes to read books "on her own" (basically thumb through them and tear them apart if she can.)  

One thing I find weird, and wonder if this is normal, she seems to go through a phase where she learns something, is obsessed with it, then is done with it for a while.  Like clapping.  She was super into clapping and was doing it a lot, then stopped doing it for months and only started clapping again yesterday.  Same with trying to sound out and repeat what we're saying.  She was super into it, then was over it.  She's like this with everything, foods, habits, etc, so it seems like it's just a trying things out pattern?
  • cali1710cali1710 member
    edited February 2017
    @maureenmce. Mine also goes through phases. She went through a waving bye and clapping phase and now she rarely does it. I think its probably normal. Mine also stubborn and wont repeat anything! Silly kids. 
  • @BarrettJ89 YES! The lack of consistency drives me insane lol he did also just have his first stomach bug and has gotten FIVE teeth in the last month... five  :| so im pretty sure that's not helping either! Lol 

@maureenmce Mine does the same thing! He was obsessed with clapping once he learned it and now hasn't done it in like a month! 
  • @maureenmce I noticed the same thing with Harper,  It seems to be the most noticeable with big milestones like when she rolled over. She did it 3 times one night and then didn't do it again for weeks. With walking she took her first steps and then went back to cruising.   She took her first steps way back in November and she's just now walking almost 100% of the time. I think it's normal and some of it is personality.