Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check In: Feb. 6

pdbirdpdbird member
edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What is your current comfort food or activity?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@NurseTMD85 EDD 2/17/17 with a little girl
@chicandbubbly EDD 2/25/17 with a little boy
@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with one bean
@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/20/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy

Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In: Feb. 6

• I'm currently a day shy of 33 weeks. I went to my Dr appt on Friday. Turns out the lump under my breast was not a clogged milk duct, but an abscess. If it doesn't correct itself before the next appt, I will have it drained. Ugh. Also, the pain I feel in my belly is my cue that I'm overdoing it (walking, weightlifting, cleaning, chasing my son, etc.) My marching orders were to really slow down and take it back a notch. Very hard for me to do with so much more that needs to get done.

Starting my next appt on 2/17, I will be going in weekly and having a non stress test (NST) along with seeing the OB. Because I am on insulin at night, they want to ensure the baby is not stressed and everything looks good, so they want to do a NST every week until I deliver. I'm planning on using that time to just veg and relax for an hour without any distractions.

QOTW: I'm loving grilled cheeses or deli sandwiches right now. It must be a carb thing. Otherwise, it's taking naps. I sometimes feel like I have narcolepsy and can fall asleep anywhere at any time.

10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good Monday morning 3rd tri ladies! I still find it hard to believe that I'm in the third trimester!

I had an appointment last week that went very well. I have another one today to pick up supplies for a sleep study. Both DH and I think I have sleep apnea and I would love to be able to sleep in the same room as him. I would also like to actually get decent sleep! Right now my worst symptom is heartburn. Even though I ate nothing at 8 pm last night, I woke up at 6:40 this morning with heartburn. So annoying!

So far GD testing has been going well. I decided to keep a food log too so I could remember what I've eaten and it's become pretty obvious that as long as I don't have something super carby, like a Subway sandwich or large helping of grains, my blood sugar is well within the normal range. Even having my daily bowl of cereal doesn't spike it higher than they'd like to see.

QOTW: Hmm... I don't feel like I have a comfort food. I have a pretty limited diet by choice because they're foods that DH and I enjoy, but I wouldn't say they comfort me. I've gotten back into reading over the past few days, so I've been doing that a bit.

@pdbird Oh yikes! I hope it goes away before your next appointment! DH had to have a boil drained (not sure how similar the procedure is) and it was not a fun thing or recovery. I'd definitely say listen to your doc and slow down. I know it can be hard, but you want to keep your LO cooking as long as possible, and if slowing down does that then it's worth it!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • @AandDM2014  - Eeeeck about the boil. It kinda looks like a boil, so we'll see. I just thought it's like a giant zit. Hahaha.

I'm so glad your blood sugars are in check! I keep a food log as well and it's helpful.

I'm sorry to hear about the heartburn. That's the worse. Back in the 2nd tri I was starting to get it, so I am only eating half my meals and have avoided mexican food and pasta sauce (pizza included). So far, no heartburn.

My DH says I'm starting to snore in the middle of the night which was common in the 3rd tri with my first LO, but only if I'm on my back. So he nudges me to roll over to my side and it fixes it. I think it's the babies not allowing us enough room for our diaphragm and smooshing our lungs. I'm sure it's worse for you since you're carrying three! I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is to sleep for you. Hopefully it improves after this sleep study! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird It's pretty interesting, in my opinion, to see how different foods affect my levels. I had ice cream yesterday since my after dinner level was good, and I tested just for fun to see how it would affect the level, and it was well within normal range! I think I need to watch my carb intake a bit more though. I'm going to try a different, nearly carb free breakfast tomorrow to see if it's any different from my usual carb filled one. Breakfast has consistently been my highest number and I'm wondering if it's just because my fasting number is low, or if it's actually because of the carbs. I would love if fixing my heartburn was as simple as not having pasta sauce! I seem to get it from literally everything I eat, though I did have pizza for dinner last night and it was pretty awful all through the night. I apparently used to be able to be pursuaded to stop snoring with a bit of a shove, but no longer. I also have a family history of sleep apnea, so I'm sure that doesn't help anything either. I'd actually say that most of the time I'm able to sleep okay. When insomnia or heartburn kicks in then it gets challenging, but overall I'd consider myself pretty lucky so far.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Cute bump pic @chicandbubbly ! I dream of an ice cream party. Hahaha. I haven't had much of a craving for ice cream which is a blessing. I too have been feeling the braxton hicks contractions lately. They're not too bad, but my doc said it's common to get them earlier with your 2nd LO then first time mommas. They feel like period cramps and go away within 30 seconds to a minute. I'm averaging about 2 a day. My doc told me as long as I don't have 4 an hour, I'm fine. So I'm going with that. You're getting so close to your due date. I bet you are super excited.

@AandDM2014  - I'm jealous that your blood sugar numbers are looking good. My fasting #'s were creeping up to high 90's in the mornings, so that's when they put me on insulin before bedtime. Now they're in the low 80's. Which sometimes helps my post breakfast numbers so they won't be so high.I'm just looking forward to not having to take the insulin and the testing come 3/22!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @NurseTMD85 how are you holding up? Ten days from tomorrow is your due date- how exciting, she could come anytime! A part of me really wants to have my baby on 2-17... it's my half birthday :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @pdbird my highest morning fasting number so far has been 82, but it's mostly been in the mid to low 70s. After carby cereal this morning though it got up to 161. Yikes! Hence why I'm going to try a very low carb breakfast tomorrow! 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies, 31 weeks tomorrow. Been couch ridden the past two days with a horrible cold. I'm pissed because this guy who sits two desks away from me came into the office all last week sick and even after I said something to him just shrugged it off saying he wasn't contagious bc he was on antibiotics. Well antibiotics doesn't work for a virus and sure enough I got sick. Ugh sorry for the rant but I've been so careful not to be around sick people and was forced in a conference room with this man last week. 

@chicandbubbly you're getting close! So exciting. 

@aanddm2014 I hope the sleep study can give you some helpful tools or something so you can get a good nights sleep without snoring. 

@pdbird take the hour for your nst to relax! Hopefully your abses goes away on its own and you don't need it drained. That doesn't sound pleasant. 
  • @ale9687 Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you're sick. That's just awful! People are so inconsiderate sometimes. I hope that the sleep study I do tonight gets me a CPAP tomorrow!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Ouch @pdbird! I hope that your abscess clears- keep warm/hot packing it- it may help it open and drain on its own! and definitely take it easy -although I am sure easier said then done especially with a LO to care for :)

@ale9687 colds stink:( I had one the other week and because we are so short-staffed I suffered through one day, but the following called out. It drives me crazy when people come to work sick who could more readily take the day off (support staff). Despite lysol-ing EVERYTHING and wearing gloves/washing hands you can't avoid air borne germs; hope you feel better soon!!!

QOTW: My comfort food is definitely grill cheese (had one for dinner tonight!) and my comfort activity is nesting- anything to get ready for baby- today I took an old bookcase and pinterested it with some fabric for baby girls room!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  •  @pdbird Gosh sorry to hear about the abscess! I second @2legbaby suggestion to do warm compresses, hopefully that helps! 

@AandDM2014 I know how you feel, my snoring got so terrible during the last few months, I feel awful for my poor dh. Sometimes I wake myself up because it's so loud. My on said there's not much I can do right now and that it should go away. Hope that sleep study helps you sleep better!

@chicandbubbly Looking fab! And loved your galentine's idea! 

@ale9687 I would be so mad! People can be so rude. Hope you feel better soon!

I have my 37 week check up tomorrow and I'm supposed to have my 1st cervical check, curious to see what they tell me!
    We installed the car seat over the weekend, and set up the stroller. I'm so happy!
    Also tomorrow we are taking a "happiest baby on the block" class which I'm very excited about, I've been reading the book and I like it a lot.

QOTW: I have always had a sweet tooth but I normally try to control myself...  now I'm giving in, especially ice cream and cake  :p
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @yelllow22 I sure hope it will help. Yes, it should go away after the babies are born, but until then they kinda need oxygen, so it's a good idea for me to be able to breathe!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @yellow22 I started reading that book too. I didn't realize there were classes based upon the book. 
  • @AandDM2014 Yup! Breathing is definitely needed!! Not to mention sleeping! Ahh the small things in life that we can now value so much more! 

@ale9687 I didn't know either until I saw it in the list of classes offered at a nearby hospital. Apparently there's a website where you can check if there's any classes in your area. Dh is not much of a reader so I'm hoping this will be a better way for him to learn about it 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Hi ladies!
    @pdbird - so sorry about the abscess. Agree with pp that warm compresses can help. 
    I feel the same as most of you in the snoring and heartburn department. My snoogle helps with both, but did spend one night last week sitting straight up as the only way I could sleep. 

We had a doctors appointment on Friday at 29w2d and babies look great. Weighing 3 pounds each and baby A is still head down. The dilated kidney they found last visit hasn't gotten any worse and they think it will resolve by next scan. And baby A had a little excessive amniotic fluid that is now within normal range. They are both moving like crazy! I'm having maternity photos taken on Wednesday...so getting my hair cut tomorrow. 

@ale9687 - colds suck...and there is so much of it going around. My parents both have the flu (despite getting the vaccine) so staying away from them right now. 

QOTW: comfort food is hot chocolate...and the thing that seems to settle my heartburn the best. 
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yelllow22  - I didn't read the book (I admit I have it though), but I had the DVD from the doctor that wrote the book. A friend let me borrow their copy. It was the greatest thing I learned with my first LO. I just found the DVD and plan on watching it again in a couple of weeks. It's magical!!!

@ale9687 - Sorry you are sick. That sucks. I've been avoiding going into the office and have been working from home as long as I can so I don't get sick. Although my DH came home with a cold and I told him "don't come near me", "Don't kiss me". I'm sure you think it's mean, but I really don't want to get sick and he is totally understandable. So we've been living like friends the last day. We will see how long that lasts ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Happydays13 Nice big babies! That is awesome!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @pdbird haha dh had a stomach bug a month ago and he slept on the couch, willingly I may add. 
  • @ale9687  - That's funny. Well last night was worse . . . my 6 yr old started vomiting around 2 AM. Luckily he had the foresight to run to the bathroom. I don't think I've ever flew out of bed fast enough. Then he was up at 5 again vomiting and going diarrhea. It's been a long night and my eyes are burning. So the LO is staying home from school, the big one called in sick to work, and I am held up in our baby's room working sitting next to lysol, wipes, and hand sanitizer. I have implemented the "Everyone has their own hand towel" rule and following them around wiping everything down. I refuse to get sick! ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I brought home my very own (borrowed) CPAP today. I'm excited to try it out tonight, in my bed!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Sorry about all the sickness ladies! I am trying to avoid getting sick as well- my husband has his second cold of the winter and I am hoping I can avoid it once again! I am worried he will still have it when I go into labor. He's popping vitamins like crazy. lol.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @chicandbubbly - Tell your DH to suck on zinc tablets. They are miracle workers and we swear by them. 

My LO is home again as he still had a fever last night, but this morning his fever is gone and his appetite is back. MY DH woke up with pink eye, so now I've been on the offense with more wipes and changing pillowcases and towels. Hahaha, you all must think I'm nuts, but I really can't afford to get sick.

@AandDM2014  - Yay on the CPAP! Hopefully you will have some relief and be able to sleep now!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird omg 2 am vomiting is never fun. I hope your little one and big one feel better, for your sake. 

@aanddm2014 how'd your first night with it go?

@chicandbubbly I would so have some gloves and a mask in my bag for dh just incase he still has a cold. He may thank you in the end for the mask, the steral solution they use (the name escapes me now) has a strong smell. It could be just me but both times I was in a delivery room as a support person the smell made me nauseous, but didn't bother anyone else. 
  • My first night with the CPAP went very well! I feel like I got good sleep, I only got up to potty 3 or 4 times and DH was still in bed when I woke up! It was a little weird for about half an hour, but then I didn't even notice it. 

@chicandbubbly oh no! Not another cold! I hope you can avoid him and his sickness!

@pdbird no, not pink eye! Ick. I'd definitely be washing stuff extra well!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @pdbird You don't sound nuts at all, I would do exactly the same! Hope everyone gets better soon.  I'm glad to hear that happiest baby on the block worked for you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

@AandDM2014  So glad to hear you slept well last night, hope tonight is good too!

I had my weekly check up yesterday, and both Dr's were out on surgeries apparently so I ended up seeing the medical assistant whom I had only seen once before. Everything looked good, She did my cervical check up, 0 dilation 20% effaced. 
    Also I went to the happiest baby in the block class, so far we have taken a childbirth, breastfeeding and infant safety class and they were all great. This one sucked, even though the book its based on is awesome. I was so upset, the lady had a stack of index cards in her hand and kept reading from them and seemed like she didn't even know what was on the PowerPoint presentation. I could have literally given the presentation myself! The only good part was that we got to practice swaddling and got a DVD to take home.  After a long day at work, Dr's appointment and being super tired I was not a happy camper!

37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Yay @chicandbubbly! Hoping for a smooth induction and delivery! So excited for you!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @chicandbubbly Omg that's awesome! Can't wait to read your updates, I'll be praying everything goes great for both of you! hope you can get some good rest before induction day. Congrats!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @chicandbubbly so exciting! Praying for a nice smooth delivery for you. 
  • @chicandbubbly I'm so glad I lurked this thread today! I'm SO excited for you!!! You go girl, bring that little boy into this world! :smiley:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @chicandbubbly that's awesome! At 5cm you probably won't need a full induction. I bet if they just break your water you'll go into active labor. At least that's what happened to me when I went in at 4cm dilated. Good luck! Cant wait for an update, there's been a baby drought in the 3rd tri lately lol.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @chicandbubbly - that's exciting news! Hope it's an amazing and uneventful delivery for you and can't wait to see pics of your little boy!
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

• Hello, 3rd tri! I am officially 28 weeks today, so this is my first post here! I am due 5/5/17 and am expecting one baby boy. I also have an almost-3-year-old son, who is very excited to become a big brother.

I am currently waiting for my blood draw for my glucose test at the OB - fun fun fun! After blood draw, I will have a regular OB visit and get my tdap vaccine. Then I will start every-other-week checkups. I'm so excited to be getting closer to the day when we get to meet our new little guy!

@chicandbubbly Wishing you a wonderful delivery! I was induced with DS1 when already pretty dilated (3-4 cm), and I had a very smooth labor and delivery. I hope you will have the same! So exciting!!!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Hi ladies! I'm also finally here on the third trimester board. I'm still in awe that we made it here! I'm now 28 weeks and 3 days with a baby girl, due date is 3rd May. 
    My next visit is this coming Sunday for check on my oh-so-incompetent cervix to ensure it is not shortening, and I'll get my tdap too. 

@BlueEyedDreamer how was the glucose test? 
    @chicandbubbly cant believe you're meeting your baby boy so soon! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Welcome ladies just joining us on the 3rd Tri board! I will add your names above shortly!

@chicandbubbly  - OMG! That's soooooo exciting. Good luck this weekend. Can't wait to see pictures.

Update . . . after much avoidance of getting sick in my house, it's happened. I have a cold. It sucks to blow my nose or cough as it hurts my belly. And I think I scared the crap out of the baby when I sneezed cause he totally jumped. Hahaha.

Also, went to dermatology for the what I thought was an clogged milk duct, which my OB said was an abscess, but turns out it's a cyst. I should have not been massaging it as the dermatologist said that only makes it worse. She also said when I'm done breastfeeding I can have it removed, but not until then as she doesn't want the bacteria from the baby's mouth near an open wound. Right now there is no infection or any chance of it and it poses no danger (it's just an annoyance). She put a little cortisone in it to bring down the inflammation and will check it again in June when I have my full body mole check to determine when we can remove it. So yay! So glad I didn't have the OB drain it as he would have made it worse the dermatologist said.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! ❤️

• @chicandbubbly - thinking of you today and hoping all goes smoothly! 

@pdbird - sounds like good news to me! At least no more meds or procedures are needed for now. 

Welcome to 3rd tri newbies...you're in the home stretch!
    TTC since 11/14 for #1

• @BlueEyedDreamer Hope the glucose test went well and welcome to the 3rd trimester!

@flanners1 Congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester!

@pdbird Oh no! Sorry you got sick, hope you get better quickly. I also feel horrible when I sneeze a lot lol poor baby must feel like an earthquake.
    It's a good thing that you actually saw a dermatologist and got the right diagnosis!

@chicandbubbly I'm so excited for you, hope you are doing great!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Thanks for the welcome, everyone! It does feel nice to be here!

I passed my glucose test (yay!) but they found that I am mildly anemic. I don't have to go on iron supplements yet, but they want me to eat more iron-rich foods. Time to break out the cast-iron skillet!

@chicandbubbly I hope you are doing well!

@pdbird That cyst sounds very annoying, but at least you don't need to treat it right away. I hope your cold gets better soon!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17