June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/6

• @EmeraldNC liking out of commiseration.  I have a training tomorrow so I am already betting on how many referrals will be on my desk when I return.  10 has been the most in one day from a sub this year.   @alm52386 I teach 6th grade intensive reading. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Can we swear on here without getting in trouble?
  • Loading the player...
  • Wearmi1 said:

Ladies I have a question about baby showers.  Have any of you not heard anything about anyone having a shower for you?  I have friends from out of state that want to come if I have one and are wanting to get plane tickets bought soon if they are going to come.  I guess should I just tell people no I'm not having a shower at this point?  My husband has asked me several times if I've heard anything about one and I made a point of telling him that if it's a surprise I'd really like to invite some of my navy friends who my family don't know and couldn't just invite as part of the surprise. 

What do you ladies think? 

I would just tell people that you are not having one. If it is a surprise, it will be what is planned for you. I know that sucks about your navy friends, but you don't get to tell your host who she has to invite. Let's hope your husband takes care of it. 

If it does work out as a surprise and your Navy friends weren't invited, maybe they will set up something small for you, or you could offer a sip and see with them after the baby is born. 
  • @c1tym0m22 I had a root canal during my last pregnancy.  My OB wasn't concerned about it, and I just had to have a hella lot of novacane.  I let mine go untreated for awhile and it got infected and then I had to take antibiotics on top of it, so if your dentist says you might need one, I'd go for it asap.  Sorry you're going through it!!
  • kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited February 2017
    @FSUNole31 @EmeraldNC. My class is actually really good this year but we have not had a normal week since holiday break, so they are super off. I was in the middle of laying the hammer down and getting then back on track when my son's daycare called to come get him. Then the overwhelmed tears started and I had no choice to pack up and leave. It sucks when you care more than the kid or parents.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• My original BMB FB group imploded today and my head hurts from everything. I think things are getting better finally, but I really wish I could have a glass of wine. 
  • @huskermom14 that sucks.  I am sorry.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @Wearmi1 My family threw me a surprise shower.  I had people ask, but I said I wasn't aware of one. My husband actually kept tabs on who was asking me because apparently my mom had asked him to help with a list.  Hopefully your DH will pass word if something similar is happening for you.
  • Ugh... we didn't have a TW Tuesday thread but I nominate myself for this afternoon/evening.

My boys participate in an extra program at their daycare, which is new at their center and started this past Fall.  The administrative/billing situation has been a crazy mess so I tried calling them when they sent an email with a new change and then just sent a direct email to the director as I thought we essentially overpaid $70 between them not holding sessions most of December and then moving the billing date to the 1st of the month.

I think I came across like a megabitch and I was just extra frustrated (i.e., probably hormonal)... the program director responded with a marathon email explaining their scheduling and billing processes... along with all my payment dates, amounts, and check numbers... he agreed we were owed for a single session... which makes me feel so petty as I thought we were off by over a month of weekly sessions.
  • @huskermom14 that happened in my first bmb FBI group too, it ended up splintering into 2 groups.  Some people are only in the original group, some only in the 2nd group, and some are in both now.  IT was pretty dicey for awhile, but it's finally calmed down.  That actually happened last election cycle, because political discussions got really heated (among other things).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been hit! Pregnant cold from hell. It's been nice knowing everyone. 

• @huskermom14 my April 15 bmb has had about 13 implosions. At this point I don't keep up all that much in the group as I do via private messaging. It's exhausting. So sorry that happened to you guys, it sucks. 
  • @MotherofDragons I feel you.  I woke up yesterday with a stuffy head and sore throats and have gone progressively down hill since.  Ugh.  Hoping you have a speedy recovery!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I feel for you ladies with colds.  I had one shortly after Christmas.   I took sudafed for 2 days and robitussin fir about a week.   It really helped.  I also took Benadryl at night to help me sleep.  
  • @MotherofDragons I got something this past Friday, coincidentally less than 24 hours after getting my flu shot.  I hope you get to feeling better, I know the congestion and struggling to breathe is just THE worst!  I was talking with my mom this weekend and she said she got the full blown flu while pregnant with my brother but her OB wouldn't let her take anything so she stood over a boiling/steaming pot of water with a towel over her head just to be able to breathe.
  • Thanks @FSUNole31, @awillis13, and @MotherofDragons. I think things are better this morning finally. But there are some friendships that I think have ended over everything.

We basically had a girl in a side group go rogue and spill the beans on said side group saying they were all a bunch of shit talkers because she was mad at 3 people in that little group. I was also in the side group and it wasn't what she made it out to be but but people lost their minds. 
  • Also +1 on the sick and pregnant. I have some sort of GI thing going on and I can't tell if it's pregnancy related or an actual GI bug. 
  • Ugh add me to the sick and pregnant club. I have a horrible cough and congestion. Hope you ladies all start feeling better. 
  • I used afrin for congestion at night and it's amazing! My medication list does say to only use it for 3 days. So I only used it if I couldn't fall asleep. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hope we are all back to 100% soon. This head congestion is the worst part. I can deal with the rest. 
  • For everyone that was giving Gaga love for her body during her performance on the Super Bowl thread, I was shocked to read this article that people were body shaming her... seriously, who are these people that are calling her, essentially, fat?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/08/lady-gaga-fires-back-at-super-bowl-body-shamers-i-m-proud-of-my-body.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

• For everyone that was giving Gaga love for her body during her performance on the Super Bowl thread, I was shocked to read this article that people were body shaming her... seriously, who are these people that are calling her, essentially, fat?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/08/lady-gaga-fires-back-at-super-bowl-body-shamers-i-m-proud-of-my-body.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

Fat??? Wtf? I was drooling over her body. I am not even going to read the article. 
  • @c1tym0m22 I had a root canal during my last pregnancy.  My OB wasn't concerned about it, and I just had to have a hella lot of novacane.  I let mine go untreated for awhile and it got infected and then I had to take antibiotics on top of it, so if your dentist says you might need one, I'd go for it asap.  Sorry you're going through it!!
    Thanks - apparently I'm "borderline" on if I need it or not, so going to wait to see if things feel better before subjecting myself (and my wallet!) to the experience. No infection just yet, thank goodness!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • @michaela080 I told my husband as we were watching and I saw one tiny glimpse of a non "perfect" tummy, people were going to say things to body shame her and it pisses me off. I just wonder who these "perfect people" are that have the nerve to say something like that, especially about someone who has admitted to struggling with eating disorders. 
    The thought of trying to raise a daughter with a healthy body image when this stuff is all over TV and the internet stresses me out. She looks amazing. I would love to have her body, but I try my hardest to embrace my own even when I've gained a little more weight than I prefer. Finding balance is difficult, and even when I am at my "best" I still don't look like her!! 
    I just don't feel like there was so much pressure to fit into a certain mold when I was growing up, and it makes me sad. 
  • (X-posted in the Baby Gear forum, but it seems to be really slow so I will likely get more responses here)

Through a series of events, I recently learned that counterfeit baby products, specifically Ergobaby carriers, is a huge problem, and find myself in possession of one of them (confirmed by Ergobaby customer service to indeed be a fake). 

I got it free from a friend who also bought it secondhand, so I'm not concerned at all about that aspect of it, but now that I have it, what the hell do I do with it? 

I know some people would have no issues with knowingly using a knockoff (I am not one of those people), but I worry that if I pass it on to anyone else with the information that it is counterfeit, that it may later end up again in the hands of an unsuspecting mother who's child may end up injured because this thing hasn't had any sort of safety testing. 

Should I write in permanent marker on it that it's counterfeit so no one can accidentally be swindled by it? Should I just destroy it?
  • ladylolly89ladylolly89 member
    edited February 2017
    So...question. We found out that LO #2 is a boy a few weeks ago, and I finally got around to getting a cute picture with DS and the bump and was going to put it up on Facebook/Instagram today to announce the sex.

This morning a friend (not a close friend, but we go to the same church and have a ton of mutual friends) announced her rainbow baby.

I guess I'm wondering if it would sort of "steal her thunder" if I put it out there? Or should I wait a couple more days? Mine is not a pregnancy announcement- we announced via FBook back in December.

I just want to be sensitive and not do anything to take away from her moment. What do you all think? Am I overthinking this? 

Edit for spelling.
  • @ladylolly89 I think you are overthinking it. I say post it. 
  • It's taking a lot of willpower not to engage in a fb debate happening on an old college friend's post re: research article of paid parental leave.

Some father, yes he has 2 children, keeps referring to his children as well as children in general as parasites... quoting the definition ending in '... providing nothing in return'.

Ugh... I feel so sad for his kids.
  • @michaela0704 That's incredibly sad for him that he doesn't have the ability to truly see what a child brings to your life. What a sad person. 
  • kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited February 2017
    MKRLTX said:
    @michaela080 I told my husband as we were watching and I saw one tiny glimpse of a non "perfect" tummy, people were going to say things to body shame her and it pisses me off. I just wonder who these "perfect people" are that have the nerve to say something like that, especially about someone who has admitted to struggling with eating disorders. 
    The thought of trying to raise a daughter with a healthy body image when this stuff is all over TV and the internet stresses me out. She looks amazing. I would love to have her body, but I try my hardest to embrace my own even when I've gained a little more weight than I prefer. Finding balance is difficult, and even when I am at my "best" I still don't look like her!! 
    I just don't feel like there was so much pressure to fit into a certain mold when I was growing up, and it makes me sad. 
    I thought this to during the super bowl too. When I saw the slight purge, I knew people were going to give her sh1t. People need to get a life.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Ugh I just spent 2 hours in the ER because my illness was really flaring my asthma, come to fnd out I tested positive for influenza A. I am so frustrated. I have never gotten the flu before at least to my memory even when I used to work in the ER and urgent care. I know that pregnancy lowers your immune system, but I'm just bummed. My husband has a big work related exam this weekend and I am really hoping he didn't catch this from me... my parents are also supposed to visit next weekend, so if he catches it I don't want then coming if he's contagious. Just needed to vent.
  • @ladylolly89 I think it's sweet of you to think of your friend.  I'm sure she wouldn't think it was you trying to steal her thunder but it also doesnt hurt to wait a day or two to share if you are feeling like it might.  Since you've already wAited a couple weeks, what's a couple more days? But I think you are fine if you decide to post too! 
  • @MKRLTX ugh - i hope you feel better soon.

• I hate that I had to spend the day rescheduling tomorrow's meetings, but I love when administration is nice enough to call a snow day the night before, so I can shut off my alarms and actually attempt to sleep in for once.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awillis13 yay for a snow day! Our office is closed tomorrow so i'll be working from home- which is exactly what I need, comfy clothes and quiet! 

• @MKRLTX I had influenza when I was pregnant with DS and it was awful. :( I hope you feel better soon!!

I think DH and I have agreed on a boy name, which is amazing considering we had nothing til 8 months with DS and we knew what we were having then. The girl name, however, is gonna be a problem. We both have a favorite, it's just not the same one. Why is naming a child so hard?!
  • @huskermom14 I know!  We haven't even really discussed names at all because we just aren't on the same page.  We named our son very easily, our daughter was a lot more difficult and this one is proving to be impossible!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• huskermom14huskermom14 member
    edited February 2017
    It's so exhausting @FSUNole31! I honestly think if it's a girl we're just gonna have to flip a coin, lol.
  • edited February 2017
    OMG my friends that are due in April went to get a 3D ultrasound of their baby girl today. THEY FOUND A PENIS. It's a boy, not a girl! The shower is like a week away and she has been working on arts and crafts for months. What I don't understand is how did both the ultrasound tech and the dr both look at the pics and say girl when they did the anatomy scan?