July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

How is everyone feeling this week?

Ps- I didn't see a new weekly thread started for this week, so I hope it was ok to start a new thread.

Re: Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

• I had two very weird episodes over the weekend. On Saturday, we met friends for dinner. We split two appetizers (cornbread, and a dip with bread) and I ordered a chicken dish as my entree. When the food arrived, I had two bites and started to feel really weird. I got really overheated, had bad stomach cramps, all the color drained from my face, and I felt faint. I went outside the restaurant to get some fresh air and proceeded to get violently ill. It was so bad that someone walking by dashed in the restaurant to get my husband. I felt like I was going to pass out while vomiting. We went home right away and I sipped some water and went to sleep. I felt ok the next morning but after eating lunch I had the same type of stomach cramps, and dizziness but no vomiting. I haven't called my doctor about this specific issue- it feels more virus related than pregnancy related but the dizziness and feeling like I was going to faint definitely concerns me. Anyone else have a similar experience?
  • @oheliza44 - I haven't had anything quite like that but I'd be a little worried about it too. Do you have an appointment coming up soon with your doctor? IF so, maybe mention it to her. If not, see if it happens again. It may have been something you ate (1 of the appetizers) that didn't sit well with you. If it does happen a 2nd time, then I would definitely mention it to your doctor.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @oheliza44 - I'm not sure, of course, what your symptoms mean but I know just about everyone in my work, and my kids school, has come down with a nasty stomach virus within the last month.  I've been having stomach cramps too but wasn't sure if that was related to the virus or the pregnancy.  But my kids, DH, friends, co-workers have gone through a day or 2 of vomiting followed by another few days of diarrhea, all with a fever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses everyone. I realized while typing out my post I was being ridiculous for not calling. I guess since I feel ok today I just brushed it off as a weird episode. Also, I am in the process of switching OB's. The one I currently have tells me to go to Urgent Care if there is an issue during off hours, and Urgent Care tells me I need to see my doctor. It's so annoying hence why I am switching to a new practice. Ugh.
  • So, every time I spread my legs at all while they're bent, I get a stabbing pain in my vagina. WTF is this? Google suggests SPD, but it's too early for that at 17 weeks, right? UGH.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • I'm also getting a sharp pain in my vag today, which I haven't experienced yet, like a sharp pulling sensation. Also in my pelvic area I keep getting like a 1 second pain across my lower abdomen between my hips. I have been sitting all day and so I don't think this is RLP? I had a bowel movement earlier, thinking this would relieve the discomfort but it hasn't. I don't feel worried but I'm just not sure what's going on. I haven't really had any aches or pains up to this point. 
  • So I always forget my symptoms until they happen again.  I had gall bladder pain pretty badly senior year of high school to second year of college and then it mysteriously stopped.  Since week 12, I started having spasms again that are so painful and usually last a couple hours.  I can't ever figure out what triggers it because it's never the same food twice.  I had a ton of testing done when it first started and didn't have any gallstones, but I've heard the spasms can get worse and happen more often in pregnancy.  Yippee.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited February 2017
    @maybeitsmadeline - I've known two people (they're sister's so maybe it's part hereditary) that have had gall bladder issues during pregnancy. One of them ended up needing hers removed. I think they waited until after delivery. I hope yours gets better!

eta: I always realize after I say something that it might have been too much. I just wanted to say that I've heard off gall bladder issues before during pregnancy. I don't want to make you jump to the conclusion that it's something super serious and you need surgery!
  • @maybeitsmadeline - not to make you more worried at all, but pregnancy is a recognized "risk factor" for gallbladder issues - not that that means every pregnant women gets it, of course not - just saying it has been established as a contributing factor and requires close attention in someone who has a prior history of gallbladder problems. Probably good to bring it up with your doctor. Whether or not surgery is needed will have to depend on your individual situation. I hope all goes well for you! Please take comfort in the fact that this is a relatively "common"/ "routine" problem (which of course does not make it easier for you but it does mean that your doctor will be very familiar with the situation should it arise). Hang in there and keep us updated!
  • @oheliza44, something kind of similar happened to me last week - dh cooked some chicken and veggies for dinner and about 10 min later I was in a lot of pain and dizzy. I kept thinking it was something I ate and sure enough, the diarrhea started. But it was over pretty quickly, I went to sleep, and woke up feeling fine with a slightly sensitive stomach but not much more. 
  • @ginger1228 @mj8215 I appreciate the help ladies!  Luckily (or unluckily sometimes) I don't freak out easily so I'm not super worried about the pains.  I definitely agree that I should bring it up with my doctor so thanks for that advice because I never even think about it!  The only thing I've been jumpy about is if the baby is okay, which I'm sure we've all been there done that.  

I tend to avoid the doctor because I feel like nothing ever gets solved when I'm having a problem.  For example, my previous gall bladder issues caused me to have IV testing done, ultrasounds, and tons of tests.  In the end they said there's no gall stones and nothing that really can be done.  I really need to get out of that mindset though and be sure to let my doctor know the pain is back at random times.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry if this is a stupid question. It's my first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect. I'm debating between whether or not I should call my OB, I just don't want to be paranoid.

I was diagnosed with a hemorrhage at 6 weeks and have been bleeding/spotting ever since. I've never had cramps or pains but today my cramps are brutal. They're inconsistent and only in my lower abdomen. They're not sharp stabbing pains, they feel more like period cramps but then ease up when I'm resting. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding and everything else is fine. I have been more active than usual over thr last 2 days so I'm wondering if it's just my body telling me to slow down. Should I be concerned or are cramps normal?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss call your OB! It is probably nothing but it will give you piece of mind or help if they think you need it. Believe me they have heard and seen it all with many much less pressing issues. I went to the ER for bad RLP pain when I was like 32 weeks, no shame - if you are nervous call :) 
  • @yanchuss I honestly don't know how normal or not normal cramping in the second tri is, but I would call your doctor anyway, just because you had the hemorrhage. Let them figure out if it's serious or not. Always better safe than sorry right? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @yanchuss I agree with the others, it won't hurt to call. And trust me, I called last week for what ended up being constipation lol so there's no shame in calling! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Thanks ladies! My OB is back from lunch at 1:30 so I'll try calling then.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Major nose bleed! I blew my nose and there was a good teaspoon of blood, I know tmi.
    I feel weird pangs in my uterus  when I lie on my back so wondering if that's bad for me? 
  • ThePecksThePecks member
    edited February 2017
    nothing really new other than baby movements getting stronger. Occasional pains that I just chalk up to RLP or stretching, or maybe baby kicks. maybe some of it's the placenta being so low? (just found out today I have placenta previa) who knows - yay being on pelvic rest for the next few months....

edit to say: I've had no bleeding thus far in the pregnancy which apparently can be common in the second half of this type of pregnancy. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @yanchuss There's no harm in calling.  I had fairly painful period-like cramping on Thursday and I didn't end up calling, because I had an appointment on Friday and they let me know that dehydration can cause cramping.  So I've upped my fluids big time and I haven't had it again.  They said if you do get them it's usually because you need to pee, drink more fluids, or rest actually (per my doc).  Best of luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dizzyness like whoaaa. but haven't fainted (or felt anywhere close to it) again since my episode last week so I am feeling more confident about going out and about on my own again. 

I've been having these stabbing pains that come and go reallllly fast and they are quite low (few inches above my pubic bone). They don't last all day or anything but I get it here and there. Anyone have an idea what this is? I know baby A is snuggled down there so I'm thinking things are just shifting around.

I am also having awful back aches this week and rib pain. Growing pains I guess. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went from vomiting pretty much everyday from nausea to gagging constantly about everything. Apparently it is the acid in my stomach which means I am still vomiting every couple of days. I AM SO TIRED OF VOMITING. I am also still tired a lot... 2nd trimester has not been kind.
  • @ladybray has your doc ok'd tums. They do wonders for me w acid and vomiting. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes but they arent doing it for me!
  • So the second trimester hormones have begun to emerge, and my hubby is reaping the benefits!! :wink:
    DH and I have a slower bedroom life than most, except when I'm pregnant, apparently!
  • So my OB recommended I go back to the ER just because I've had so much bleeding with this pregnancy . They did an ultrasound/pee test and said baby is fine and I don't have a UTI. However, my cramps are getting worse and I can't seem to find any relief. I've tried drinking lots of water and taking a tylenol. Does anyone have any other recommendations on what I can try?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ladybray - I've started taking Prevacid for my reflux bc I would from it almost nightly. I didn't really have nausea - just the reflux. You might want to ask about taking that. It's helped a lot. 

@yanchuss - i don't have any suggestions for you but I sure hope you get some relief. I'm so sorry your pregnancy has been so stressful. 
  • @chiquita928 Yay! My DH was all over me in first tri and I of course wasn't interested. Now I'm mega interested and he isn't. Sigh. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • kerils said:
    @chiquita928 Yay! My DH was all over me in first tri and I of course wasn't interested. Now I'm mega interested and he isn't. Sigh. 
    I feel you there. DH is not usually interested...product of all his medical crap. I usually don't start much either. We have initiation wars. But pregnancy hormones basically makes me not give a crap and just start things.
  • @yanchuss Glad to hear baby is ok.  I've lurked a bit in the SCH thread- so sorry you've been dealing with this and I hope the bleeding stops soon.  If your doc says it's ok, maybe a heating pad on a low setting would give you some relief?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yanchuss lots of love and wishes your way. Just rest plenty and take loads of care of yourself, sleep, eat well and try to have happy thoughts! 
  • @yanchuss just wanted to say I'm so happy you got checked out and everything is ok with baby! Unfortunately I don't have any good practical advice for the cramps but it must be such a relief to know baby is fine! So sorry for all the stress you've been through, and hope you feel better soon!!
  • My lower back pain is getting worse. I had to move slowly and gingerly while sitting at my desk today. I Will ask about it when I see my doctor on Thursday. 
  • Is everyone's bump hard now?  My bump is semi-hard below the belly button but not as hard as I remember in previous pregnancies.  Above the navel I'm still squishy.  Don't know if it's a product of being overweight and pudgy in the midsection before pregnancy or is it simply too early to be the rock hard pregnancy belly I remember?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • SparkyOne said:
    Is everyone's bump hard now?  My bump is semi-hard below the belly button but not as hard as I remember in previous pregnancies.  Above the navel I'm still squishy.  Don't know if it's a product of being overweight and pudgy in the midsection before pregnancy or is it simply too early to be the rock hard pregnancy belly I remember?
    Mine is only hard where my uterus reaches up to, which is about 2" above my belly button at 19 wk 5 d. I wouldn't say its anything like rock hard though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @SparkyOne Some days yes, some days no. Also depends on where you are feeling, and how deep you are poking. I also have zero reference point as I have never touched another pregnant belly. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Welcome to the club of lightening crotch ladies!
  • SparkyOne said:
    Is everyone's bump hard now?  My bump is semi-hard below the belly button but not as hard as I remember in previous pregnancies.  Above the navel I'm still squishy.  Don't know if it's a product of being overweight and pudgy in the midsection before pregnancy or is it simply too early to be the rock hard pregnancy belly I remember?
    I am a size 12-14 pregnancy, and in the mornings, my belly is very soft and squishy. Towards the end of the day, it's pretty much rock hard. I think eating makes a huge difference, and I can still see a significant change in the size of my bump from day vs. night even at week 16. So I guess it's still blump for me? 
  • I've recently been experiencing what feels like constipation, though I go #2 daily, but I feel like I can never fully relieve myself. It's so odd. It's like an incomplete bathroom session. Super annoying. 
  • @supermom83 I'm having that same issue. The only difference is every four or five days I do get what feels like a complete bathroom session and I feel better, but then the process starts over again.  Really annoying.

Pregnancy Ticker