February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of February 6

I know @NiceyMeany usually starts these, but since I'm not seeing it, here we go!

Who's got what going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Appointments: Week of February 6

• I've got my 38 week checkup today, with the option of a cervical check. I think I'll decline until next week, since my MW stresses that it really doesn't tell you anything one way or the other.

Acupuncture appointment on Wednesday to hopefully get my body ready for an on-time delivery!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First PP appointment today, then baby's 2 week check up on Wednesday. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At this morning's 40 week c/u I learned that my cervix is doing a whole lot of nothing. Made a 41 week appointment, at which we'll schedule induction if necessary. I was offered a membrane sweep but declined since I'm GBS positive. Hoping that was the right choice but I'm not sure. 
  • These babies are a little too cozy right?!   I'm sitting here having my first of two NSTs this week. Week 38 and since I'm old, they keep a good eye on us.  Paying for parking at my Drs office is ridiculous.  About 13 but a visit.  Ouch!  @kswiger06 where is that boy?! I feel like he has been on the verge of birth for a bit now?
  • These babies are a little too cozy right?!   I'm sitting here having my first of two NSTs this week. Week 38 and since I'm old, they keep a good eye on us.  Paying for parking at my Drs office is ridiculous.  About 13 but a visit.  Ouch!  @kswiger06 where is that boy?! I feel like he has been on the verge of birth for a bit now?
    No kidding!! I think he's just messing with me and is going to wait until 41 weeks! Lol

Why do you have to pay for parking? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Because i live Los Angeles :( parking is dumb here everywhere you go.  It gets better the farther you go.   They put me back in the NST and I think they have forgotten me.  Lol been 40 min.  

Have they checked your cervix? I wonder how it is?
  • @CornchipLA oh geez, that's crazy and sounds expensive for parking. I can't imagine paying parking for all those visits.  How did your NST go? 

At 36 week appointment I was 1 cm. At 37 week appointment I was 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. Since then she only says I'm still 1.5 cm. She always says how low he is, and "see you next week if not sooner" I'm  like come on now, something must be happening. I guess it's going to be a sneak attack lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 yes it's ridiculous I stay home a lot due to parking! 

Ok that baby is messing with you.  No wonder you're on the edge of your seat! Exciting!  I am to for you.  

I had had two today.  The first one wasn't good so they had me do another and check via ultrasound and everything was fine.  I go back on Thursday for another round. 
  • Just had my 37w appt. GBS negative! We did a cervix check again today but no change from last week, so I'll probably skip the check next week. 
  • Ahhhhhh @Gretchypoo! I am sure there are soooo many emotions! Best of luck!

I can't remember are you still able to birth with your MW or is it both MW and OB?
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Had my 38 week appointment this morning.  BP still slightly high, but not high enough to warrant further monitoring/treatment.  Still holding at 50% effaced and a fingertip dilated (is anyone else feeling like they say that just so you feel like there is at least some progress?).  More reminders of when to call in.  And, a "see you next week".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 37 week appointment tomorrow morning. I believe I will be having my cervix checked for the first time. Here's hoping there is any kind of movement, but my gut feeling is telling me there will be a whole lotta nothing going on yet, unfortunately.

• GL @Gretchypoo! Sounds like you have such a supportive team!
  • @Gretchypoo that's awesome! I hope you get as close to the birth experience you want as possible. 

I'm excited to hear about your doula experience. Can't wait to use mine if this baby ever comes. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @Gretchypoo so excited for you! Good luck, girl!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Good luck @Gretchypoo! Sounds like you have an awesome birthing team!
  • How exciting @gretchypoo !! I have to admit knowing when I'll be induced this time around is causing some nerves lol. It sounds like you've got a great team that's made awesome modifications to give you wide ice delivery you'd hoped for. Can't wait to hear more later!!
  • I'm currently at my NST and what usually is 20 minutes is now at 45 minutes... I've been having contractions and I'm just kind of wondering why they're keeping me here so long.... All I know is my H is home with a stomach bug, and has been up all night and morning in the bathroom so ideally it'd be great if baby didn't decide to come today instead of waiting for Thursday night/Friday's induction..
  • I have my 38 week appointment on Thursday. I'm having an ultrasound to get a final growth check...and THEN the c-section will be next Wednesday! 
  • @kirstynikole have they let you go yet? Or given you an update? 

I just had my 39ish w appointment. My doctor said there wasn't much change from last week (2cm and 80% effaced), so she offered to do a membrane sweep. Now I'm feeling pressure in my pelvis like woah. And baby has been extra squirmy, I don't think they enjoyed it.
  • Lol yes they let me go finally. They just wanted to make sure I wasn't going into labor. All is well for a few more days! 
  • @WinchesterGirl they would of had your pee results from last week already so this should be a no news is good news situation. Has your BP been lingering over 140/90?
  • @PerraSucia last time I took it it was 144/85. When they monitored me last week it was high 130s/mid 80s -low 140s/high 80s. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • my 38 week appt is on Friday, where i hope she will check me just to see where im at. 
    i spent all of last night in the hospital getting Fluids and some rest since I caught my sons virus. L&D were suppose to come down and do a stress test while i was there but i guess they got swamped cause noone ever came,    But baby seems to moving well today so Im happy. 

• Got sent straight back to L&D. Waiting for them to come hook me up... BP didn't go below 152/82, and now there is some protein in my urine. Having a minor panic again, but trying to calm down so as not to make the BP readings worse. 

DH should be heading this way shortly.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm so sorry @WinchesterGirl. Sending prayers your way. Remember, you're in good hands with your team and so is Dean. Get at me if you need me! Big hugs. 
  • @WinchesterGirl , you got this! I know it's not ideal but like xstatic said, you are in good hands!
  • Good luck, @WinchesterGirl! That is scary. I hope baby continues to do well!
  • @WinchesterGirl that does sound like a stressful rollercoaster. I'm glad that baby is doing well and hopefully he'll just decide to make his appearance sooner rather than later. 
  • Had my 38wk appointment yesterday. Nothing exciting. I am a full 3cm dilated now. Just ready for her to be here.