July 2017 Moms

Baby Clothes and More!

Coming home outfits, baby blankets, swaddles, cute/practical everyday outfits you name it. 

How do you plan to dress your baby and what impulse buys have you already succumbed to? Please share!:) 

Re: Baby Clothes and More!

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    Waiting to find out the sex before I start buying clothes.  Unfortunately my sis can't give me her's if we have a girl because her daughter was born in the winter and mine will be born in the summer.  Darn it!  LOL  Aden & Anais probably for a lot of stuff (not clothing but everything else)  Aside from clothes I plan to go pretty gender neutral with the simple stuff like swaddles, cloths, towels etc. so that I can use them for multiple children. I don't plan on giving any of my stuff away.  We have the space to store it all so we'll just do that.  Costco always has sleepers on for a really good price so I'll most likely stock up on some of those.

I've already purchased shampoo/body wash, organic cotton receiving blankets, a few bottles just in case, booby tubes, nipple cream, a few packs of wipes, diaper bag ... and I think that's it for now.  My Mom got me some washcloths and towels for Christmas.  Friends and family have already given me a carrier, bottle warmer, baby bullet, toys, jolly jumper and those vibrating chairs (second hand)  The closet is quite packed with stuff already while I get the nursery in order.  I don't plan on doing a coming home outfit.  It just seems rather ... a waste.  Oh, also purchased a carpet for the nursery which I found at a really good price and matches the room perfectly!  (We have hardwood throughout)  

Blankets are a bit "meh" for me right now since babies shouldn't have them in a crib or bassinet anyways and it'll be summer so I'm not sure how useful it will be in the beginning.  I probably should have a few on hand though. I do plan to swaddle.     
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Loading the player...
  • I have gotten a baby bag aswell! Show yours! That's the only thing iv gotten. I'd love to show it but I'm worried itl stall loading on the phone for most. It's not the most neatral but I'm a female and I'm the one whose mostly going to be wearing it, H is fine to wear it if he really has to lol. The coming home outfit I had chosen was really basic and it's now sold out so me sad. I plan to get warmer things for  because I know it's only getting colder after September and my brain won't be functioning as properly so might aswell have some things just incase. 

What are booby tubes? 
  • stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    @BusyZee I'm at work so I don't have a pic and even then it's buried in the crib at home until I finish painting all the trim in the nursery lol!  I got the Skip Hop Duo Signature in Triangles.  It's fairly neutral mostly because I want it to last through multiple kids and so DH doesn't have to carry around something super girly.  

Bobby tubes are for breastfeeding.  https://earthmamaangelbaby.com/products/booby-tubes.html 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 I am SO JEALOUS of your baby bullet. I have wanted one for years, but I have a nutri bullet so DH has nixed it since I really don't need two of the same machine. But it's so cute. I really want it. Sigh. 

So clothes. I registered for the following:
    10 onsies in sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9
    3 sleepers in sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9
    1 6 pack of baby sock 
    1 6 pack of baby hats
    4 pants in sizes 3-6, 6-9
    2 hoodies in sizes 3-6,6-9
    1 baby bathrobe (this is not necessary, it was just so darn cute) 
    4 gowns in one size, specifically for when the baby still has the umbilical cord
    2 hooded towels
    4 washclothes
    10 burp clothes (I have tons of extra fabric, and I probably won't buy this myself, but I figured if someone wants to buy me some, at least show them the option I really want)

I did not get a diaper bag because I have seriously oodles of bags in my house. If I can't find one that works I have failed as a person. 
    I am not planning on swaddling since reading new studies, so I took the extra blankets off my registry. But I got a 3 pack of blankets for Christmas, and I already have my DH's baby blanket he came home from the hospital in. 

If we still live in cold ass PA by the winter, I will have to get a big fluffy winter thing for the baby,  but I'm waiting. One because we may move before then, two because I don't want to buy it just for the baby to be a fast/slow grower and to not fit in it when we actually get to the cold. 

I haven't decided on the coming home outfit yet, but I will definitely pick one! But it's just going to be my favorite from the stash. Also, the coming home blanket will be my DH's. He came home in it too, so it's got a lot of sentimental meaning. 

If you are interested in actually seeing everything, here is the link to my registry. It's just easier to do this than to put every individual link in. It's on Amazon. Everything is Burts Bees Baby, and it's all organic cotton. Partly because I prefer natural fabrics, partly because I have sensitive skin and I'm just assuming my baby will too. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/baby-reg/keri-stavish-noah-stavish-july-2017-westpittston?ie=UTF8&isPrime=0&itemsPerPage=25&layout=standard&lid=5GIZRVOQ7B53&page=1

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils love it, I might copy you and get the grey robe too! ;)
    I plan to get things here and there, I like some things from amazon some from this Australian website. I love shopping and I want to be as selective as possible because I know il get presents. I'm only going to buy things that I just really reallly want my baby to wear and have around. 

• I can't decide which one of the two hooded towels is cuter. I want them both
  • This thread is great. I feel so clueless about what to get/how many/what brands are good..

@kerils thanks for providing so much detail. And I will be peeking at your registry when I get home. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BusyZee I vote Elephant. If you have to just pick one. Also, I am not buying ANYTHING until after the shower, lest I have to take even more back. 

@GreenBean sure! I'm a FTM but I did at least some research on what you really need for babies in terms of clothes etc. etc. I'm doing cloth diapers, so I plan on doing laundry every two days anyways, so having any more clothes to me would be a complete waste. If you don't want to do laundry more often, you may need more. Personally, I would rather do laundry all the time than spend oodles on clothes, but that's my preference. Just a warning :) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited February 2017
    I have realized babies really don't need too much. I went overboard with my youngest! This is our last baby so I'm sure we will go a bit crazy but, never again. I bought SOOO much clothes that he never even wore! I would just be mindful of what you buy for clothes, because they probably won't wear half of them. My 1 year old strips himself down at home so he's usually just in his diapy. 
  • Same here, I'm mostly looking for really cute outfits that I for sure would want my baby to wear, the basics are must haves but I would love to have some special things 
  • We have maybe 5-6 "special outfits" that dd has worn in her 19 almost 20 months of life. Otherwise she's in regular, but cute clothes. Nothing fancy! 
  • @GreenBean what exactly are you looking for? And do you know the gender yet? I've been a personal shopper for an owner I used to work at and I can help you, happily. 

If your on on a budget and still want cool/trendy baby stuff I absolutely love H&M. The quality won't be great but their conscious line is longer lasting 

https://m.hm.com/us/products/kids/newborn
    they have older babies clothes too 

if your into the organic stuff, and want to change it up (since most people get burts bees, carters etc)
     you could look into Touched by Nature Hudson baby (has the cutest things), l'oved baby, Dor Dor and Gor Gor (gorgeousness). colored organics (have really cool plain colorful clothes). 

I havent short listed my amazon list but you can see this 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref=aw_wl_ov_mng_frm?lid=6WZRFR2XKQ6X
  • mrsdrmatneymrsdrmatney member
    edited February 2017
    I bought one nb hybrid cloth diaper so far.  I have started looking over my fabric inventory and searching online for fabrics to make crib sheets, blankets, bandana bibs, layettes. But I'm super excited to order blanks to embroider and vinyl soon. I usually outfit my kiddos in baby gap to take home. Both girls have worn the same outfit and all 3 have worn the same rompers. It's cute to see all of them in the same thing. 
    Edited: a/c typo
  • @BusyZee  I've been looking into pretty much everything. Not just clothes but what kind of sheets/burp cloths/bibs/bottles are good. We're having a girl and we're getting a bunch of clothes from my SIL but I don't know exactly what. Also her girl was born in the fall so I don't know how season-specific her clothes will be and whether the sizes will match the weather, if that makes sense. I didn't know H+M sells baby clothes. I never would have thought of that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @GreenBean I'm going to buy glass bottles I like the old fashioned EvenFlo classic twist ones because you can store milk in them and freeze it too. 
    I may also buy the starter pack (life Factory) bottles if your looking into them. 

For the baby girl just buy sleeper gowns it's easy to change them and they look like little wiggly cuties in them 

As as far as clothes, I'm not going to buy much but I'm going to look everywhere and then short list them, and always keep in mind when it's summer we still have the AC on which could be kind of cold for a new born, also after  august September it's cold! (Atleast where I live) 

Burp cloths I like the burts bees ones and I'm going to order online from marksandspencers.com... they deliver here in the US and some things my sister will bring she lives in the U.K.. Bibs mostly from h&m and Amazon... 

h&m has the cutest girl clothes and so does Kavio but 6months onwards 
    so does zara stores and they have great delivery service if you wanted to get something more "trendy" for your baby girl 

these are so cute 

• @mrsdrmatney that's such a good idea, how do you do vinyl embroidery? Do you have any good fabric stores that you could recommend?.
  • This is the only thing I have bought so far (bought right after we found out it was a girl). But we have had a few things gifted to us already as well. Including an extensive bow collection <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm a big fan of kickee pants - particularly their footies and coveralls. They're so soft, great for the summer and warm locations. Really cute prints and colors.

https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=50
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oooh cute @Creedon778 I'm always looking for something different. 
  • I haven't bought much, just ca few things I've found on sale. I bought a Christmas outfit on clearance, a portable crib, and a package of diapers. I'm guessing I'll get a ton of clothes as gifts so I don't plan to buy much. Maybe an outfit when we know the sex. I'm just dying to nest!!!!
  • I need to buy some things asap, I'm getting j j, btw love the giraffe one and the one next to it! And the grey jacket. Do you have their names or link ?:)
  • Zulily changes stock ALL THE TIME, but the giraffe ones are MudPie (and the stars), the one with the gray jacket (and the other jacket outfit) is by Buster Brown.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish so cute! Love all of them!!!
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    I really need to get shopping already, checking out zulily as soon as i get home!

edit: missing words 
  • I'm a big fan of kickee pants - particularly their footies and coveralls. They're so soft, great for the summer and warm locations. Really cute prints and colors.

https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=50
    Yes, @Creedon778 kickee pants are the BEST! Did you know they sell adult kickee pants. Same amazing material. 
  • @LoveLee85 I did know that but I haven't tried their adult stuff myself. Have you? What did you get?
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • @GlitterFish I LOVE those biscuit colored pants with the star on the tush! I love love love pants like those, so cute! 
  • I will probably not be buying any clothes this time around! I have a baby clothes hoarding problem which is only now proving to be an asset *HA! Take that DH ;)* I have kept every single piece of clothing I bought for my two boys (who are now 8 and 5yo), and I am pretty picky when it comes to baby clothes. We bought Catamini, Petit Bateau, Mini Boden, Hanna Anderson brands and all the clothes still looks amazing. Of course I also have some Baby Gap and Carters stuff, and it's also in great condition, so really I have NO reason to buy any more baby boy clothes.....but the cuteness....

• @supermom83 I'm in a similar boat given that I have two boys and a third boy on the way. The carters and Boden stuff have held up really well. Even though I love gap too almost all the jeans ended up with holes in the knees.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • @Creedon778 The exact same thing happened to most of my kids pants in regards to holes in the knees. Once DS1 was in preschool, every pant he wore he put a hole in the knee! There was one winter where I bought him 17 pairs of pants because he just kept putting holes in them. I finally gave up and just decided that it was going to be a fashion statement until shorts weather was in season.

Because of this, I had no 3T and above hand-me-down pants for DS2, but he also put a lot of holes in his pants, so I have less to pass on to LO in that size from both of them. But the baby clothes are good as new! 

• My diaper bag! Is it too girly? (Nipt says boy) 
  • The only things I've bought so far are 3 bamboo sleeping gowns with elasticized bottoms. I figure they'll be perfect in the summertime, allow baby's skin to breath, and will make changing diapers in the middle of the night a little easier. 

This isn't the exactly like the ones I bought, but very similar in colour and style. 
  • @BusyZee I think its a bag for you, so I think its fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • My sister went to this PTA fundraiser used clothing event and got me an entire bag (like reusable grocery bag) of baby clothes/shoes for $2!!! so pumped. This baby is so spoiled already. I ordered a closet organization system Friday and seriously can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow so I can put it together and start organizing everything. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BusyZee that is a present for mama, not for baby! Get the girliest diaper bag you want!

I threw a few outfits on our registry at a larger size (6-9 months). I was at a party chatting with a family friend whose daughter is having twins. They were unpacking after the daughter's shower, and realized that the daughter had nothing over size 3-6 months. And they'd already taken all of the tags off everything.