March 2017 Moms

The Bitchfest (2/6)

Re: The Bitchfest (2/6)

• I would spend the kind of money some you girls spent to get what got missed on my registry, but I just don't have the miney. Wish people would just follow the registry.

Can you try to return some stuff to target or Wal-Mart if you know they sell it there? Gift cards baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hippiemama I'm in the same boat. 37 wks on Thursday and its starting to drive me crazy. I was pretty much worn out and in pain just from going to a wedding on Saturday. I could barely walk later on the night because I felt like the baby was low and crushing my pelvis
  • Loading the player...
  • 38wks. Baby still hasn't dropped here... I keep waiting for that bowling ball pressure to hit my pelvis and know things are getting closer!! But this kid still lives tucked up in my ribs.
  • @kjd291 I've heard that for STMs baby might not drop until actual labor. I still hope she moves out of your ribs though!
  • Coming in to vent...

My appointment last Wednesday was completely canceled because my doctor had to go deliver someone else's baby. My replacement appointment today was canceled once I was already there (and had paid and left my urine sample) because he had to to deliver someone else's baby, again. I mean, yay for babies, but I want to check up on my own!!! Now I have to miss work THIS Wednesday since they didn't have any afternoon appointments, and I'm hoping I can convince them not to charge me because I already was all set and paid this time. Uggggggh. I know that my baby is healthy because he's still as active as ever, but having the official check-ups is important to me! :( 

Also, if anyone recalls my sob story a week or two ago about getting a flat tire in the rain, it turns out that my axle was ruined in the midst of that adventure. So having that fixed plus my tires replaced took a huge chunk out of my rainy day fund... which means way less money for the things I still wanted to buy off my registry (though reading through all the stories here helped me be more grateful for all the stuff that people bought from my registry). I really hope this labor and delivery has no expensive complications! :( 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• @EnglishTeacherMama oooh that would make me one angry mama bear. Surely they can't make you pay again, right??? That's super frustrating.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • pandalilypandalily member
    edited February 2017
    Ugh so with you girls on off registry gift givers! Like ok I know people like buying clothes and blankets. Hence, dear hubby, why I didn't want to tell anyone if we were having a boy or girl because you know I'm on it with the shopping and deals already and baby will have plenty of clothes. But whatever. It's all good.

What's not cool is his one aunt and cousin who bought a pack and play from Kohls which is like 45 minutes away and no receipt to exchange it. I had another brand pack and play that was already purchased so what am I going to do with 2? The thing  that bothers me when people go off the baby registry is that yes, FTMs tend to do lots of research on what they want. Not like a wedding registry where you might research the best vacuum or something but I don't think it's as personal a choice as what you're using for a baby. Thankfully the friends and family who couldn't make it just sent gift cards or stuff on the registry since it just shipped to us directly. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EnglishTeacherMama can't they see you already paid? Fingers crossed you make it to Wednesday with a regular uneventful visit!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gators&BoSox I took all the nauseating pink and frou frou clothing gifts to Goodwill already.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MMaru I know the feeling about wic. I was on it with my 1st child. Out here they do have stores that are mom stores catered for wic customers. Maybe you want to look and see if you have something similar in your area? I know that helped me. 
  • Man flu has struck. Need I say more? 

@kjd291 I've heard that for STMs baby might not drop until actual labor. I still hope she moves out of your ribs though
    I had heard that somewhere too!bGuess we'll just have to wait and see which comes first. Our bodies are crazy weird. 

@EnglishTeacherMama That's not cool at all about the cancelled appointments. I'm glad everything is going smoothly with your pregnancy-but what if there were a legit issue that they're missing. Plus you've already paid!! Not. Cool. I hope this doesn't continue to happen.
  • @kjd291 Here too! DH has had a cold/sinus infection. And then he forgot to take his heartburn medication so last night when he got home he just... fell asleep on the couch. Meanwhile I had stayed home with some stomach problems, and I also had heartburn. Got to entertain DS and do bedtime. It's cool. It's fine.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @MMaru that sucks! You shouldn't have to deal with that at all, I'm sorry. +1 for seeing if there are different stores around (if it's the workers that give you grief). I know close to more rural & suburban military bases I've seen lots of women use WIC and stamps and it's never an issue (so many spouses of younger enlisted use them that cashiers are familiar with procedures). Either way you shouldn't have to deal with that tho :/ 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kjd291 Here too! DH has had a cold/sinus infection. And then he forgot to take his heartburn medication so last night when he got home he just... fell asleep on the couch. Meanwhile I had stayed home with some stomach problems, and I also had heartburn. Got to entertain DS and do bedtime. It's cool. It's fine.
    Solidarity.  We got this, mama.
  • @MMaru Screw those people! I'm so sorry that people are judgmental a-holes. I bet those same people that are turning their nose up are super pro-life and say that all babies are precious, but then want to frown upon people who need help for said babies. I genuinely hate people sometimes.
  • My gripe today is my MIL. Surprise surprise. I just need to vent this out though. I was talking to my mom yesterday who said that she spoke with my MIL earlier that day. My MIL mentioned something about my husband and my mom told her that she has fine sons, meaning that they turned out to be good guys. Now, some of you might remember how I mentioned before that my MIL was a total shitshow when my husband was a kid. Not only did she constantly remind both of her sons that she's always wanted girls, she also heavily favored my BIL. He has and always will be the golden child and my husband was pretty much on his own since the age of 14 since my BIL was 19 at the time and out of the house. My MIL supplied a roof over my husband's head, but if he needed the essentials like clothes, he had to get a job and buy all of his own stuff. I guess she figured that she was done raising kids since the golden child was no longer there, so my husband was on his own. I'm sorry but 14 is way too young to have to be 100% responsible for your own clothes and well being. She also told him that he wouldn't amount to anything. My heart breaks for the boy that he was and because of her crap, my husband grew to resent her. So back to the present, just guess what my MIL's response was to my mom telling her that she has fine sons. She says, "I'm so proud of me. I did such a good job raising my boys and because of me, they are where they are."  :|:|:| My mom said that she said this about 3 times during their conversation, as if she was waiting on my mom to give her a virtual pat on the back, which of course my mom didn't. What my ignorant MIL doesn't understand is that her sons turned out ok in spite of her. My husband is successful mostly because of resentment. He wanted to prove to her that he wouldn't turn out to be nothing and now of course she's not afraid to reach out to him if she needs money. I'm so pissed off and I know I shouldn't let this get to me but this is what she does. She makes everything, and I do mean everything about her. A normal person would've said something about how they're proud of their kids for working hard and kept their head on straight, but no, because it's about her it's, "I'm so proud of ME." I want to choke that woman and I'm so thankful that she's not coming out to see the baby until June. I can at least have time to get into a routine with my toddler and newborn and I can mentally prepare myself for her BS.
  • kiyamurph said:
    @MMaru Screw those people! I'm so sorry that people are judgmental a-holes. I bet those same people that are turning their nose up are super pro-life and say that all babies are precious, but then want to frown upon people who need help for said babies. I genuinely hate people sometimes.
    Huh?  How is the abortion debate related to people being judgmental about a person using WIC?
  • Cbeanz said:
    kiyamurph said:
    @MMaru Screw those people! I'm so sorry that people are judgmental a-holes. I bet those same people that are turning their nose up are super pro-life and say that all babies are precious, but then want to frown upon people who need help for said babies. I genuinely hate people sometimes.
    Huh?  How is the abortion debate related to people being judgmental about a person using WIC?
    Because I've met these same type of hypocritical people and one of those people are my in department. She's super pro-life but will complain about her tax dollars going to those who need help and it ticks me off. People like this tend to be more pro-birth, not pro-life. The current political climate makes me have a short fuse on things like this and my mind immediately went here when I read her post. 
  • @kiyamurph sounds like the kind of thing my MIL says ALL THE TIME!  She denies that she physically abusedher son and that she tried to force him to fail  in college by constantly having fake emergencies that he "had to come help her" then when he didn't, he was a bad son. Now no thanks to her, he has a degree and a good steady job. She takes all the credit. You sure these women don't know each other?
  • kiyamurph said:
    Cbeanz said:
    kiyamurph said:
    Because I've met these same type of hypocritical people and one of those people are my in department. She's super pro-life but will complain about her tax dollars going to those who need help and it ticks me off. People like this tend to be more pro-birth, not pro-life. The current political climate makes me have a short fuse on things like this and my mind immediately went here when I read her post. 
    This sounds like hateful stereotyping to me.  
  • My bitchfest is about my stupid ex-husband. My daughter is now 9 years old. Never filed child support. The moment I start telling him I'm going to file child support he files to get our custody changed. I have full legal and physical custody. Funny that he rather try to do anything he can to avoid helping financially raise his child. Now I'm going to bring up everything he has done and ask that they back date the child support. He was a real POS to us and is unstable (lived in 4 different states cough surfing since I've known him). I'm also upset with his mom because she begged to meet up with me to discuss her seeing our child and helping out with her back in 2015. At first I told her it wasn't my responsibility and it was his to get his child to see his family but then I agreed and guess what, hadn't heard anything else from her or gotten any help from her after that. They are both crazy. 
  • Cbeanz said:
    kiyamurph said:
    Cbeanz said:
    kiyamurph said:
    This sounds like hateful stereotyping to me.  
    Not quite sure how to respond to that, but all I'll say is I've personally heard people say things like this. I'm not coming down on people who are pro-life and saying that they all think that way. I'm in the believe whatever you want boat. The problem I have is when people are hypocritical about it. If all lives are precious, then why the need to judge people who need assistance for those lives? 
  • @mcdonald-bailey get the back dated child support, it costs serious money to raise a child. 
  • MMaru said:

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are hosting my baby shower/diaper party.  We live in Missouri but I am originally from Pennsylvania, thus 90% of my family and friends are several hundreds of miles away, but I still wanted to invite them even knowing that they would not be able to come, because to me, that is the proper etiquette.  That is how my cousin who just had her own baby did it, and they were trying to throw a shower while we were up there for the holidays but just didn't have time, so I know they had a shower in mind.  The in-laws asked my husband and I for a guest list, and of course I included the pertinent relatives on it.  Apparently they decided not to invite them and instead, that we should just send them birth announcements once the baby is here.  I am trying to keep in mind that there are some traditions and such that are just different in different areas, but I can tell you, my family has NEVER done birth announcements, and why bother asking for a guest list if you're not going to go by it?  Not to mention that I've only lived down here for a couple of years and haven't really made a ton of friends, so basically, the guests are going to all be from their side. 

*Snipped*

I would have completely lost my cool if they asked for a guest list and then decided on their own to just not invite my relatives!!! That is not ok!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• SienaC said:
    MMaru said:

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are hosting my baby shower/diaper party.  We live in Missouri but I am originally from Pennsylvania, thus 90% of my family and friends are several hundreds of miles away, but I still wanted to invite them even knowing that they would not be able to come, because to me, that is the proper etiquette.  That is how my cousin who just had her own baby did it, and they were trying to throw a shower while we were up there for the holidays but just didn't have time, so I know they had a shower in mind.  The in-laws asked my husband and I for a guest list, and of course I included the pertinent relatives on it.  Apparently they decided not to invite them and instead, that we should just send them birth announcements once the baby is here.  I am trying to keep in mind that there are some traditions and such that are just different in different areas, but I can tell you, my family has NEVER done birth announcements, and why bother asking for a guest list if you're not going to go by it?  Not to mention that I've only lived down here for a couple of years and haven't really made a ton of friends, so basically, the guests are going to all be from their side. 

*Snipped*

I would have completely lost my cool if they asked for a guest list and then decided on their own to just not invite my relatives!!! That is not ok!
    The shower hosts get to decide how big of a shower they can host. Many families do separate showers for each side. I don't think this is wrong.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• So this morning I came home from my fiance's house. Its winter in Minnesota and it rained this morning, so everything was covered in ice. His car couldn't make it up the driveway, so I had to walk up on a lovely sheet of ice. I slipped and fell on my butt (I'm fine. More annoying than anything really).
    Upon going inside, I discovered that my kitchen reeks (like garbage). So, I took out the trash and started to wipe down the kitchen. A few hours later, I opened the pantry and it too smells like garbage. And you know what? The fridge does too. There's no rotten food in either of them, and the fridge was just cleaned last week. Both have fresh boxes of baking soda in them, so I don't know what to do to get rid of the smell. The smell is bad enough that I nearly threw up. I can't eat in my own kitchen presently. So yeah, that's just great.  
  • kiyamurph said:
    What? I'm super pro-life and I kinda felt the sting there. Where did that come from??

@MMaru I'm so sorry that people have made you feel embarrassed about using WIC. As you know there is seriously nothing wrong with taking every resource available to you to take care of your family. Heck, it might be considered irresponsible to not take advantage of it when you qualify, like leaving free money on the table or losing a stack of giftcards or something. WIC was a lifesaver for my family.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RunBooRun said:

It might help if you try to listen to why people feel the way they do instead of assuming the worst about them 

Pretty much awesome life advice for any issue, not just this one. Love it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Heres another one:
    There is a giant effing buzzard that lurks in our neighborhood. In trash day it rips open all of our garbage bags and scatters trash everywhere. Cans do not deter this bird. It cannot be frightened away: it just states at you menacingly when you try. It has like a 5 foot wingspan. I spend every Tuesday and Friday picking up tiny pieces of trash left behind. :( I seriously want to shoot it in the head, this has been going on for weeks. But I live in a neighborhood so that's kind of a no no. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RunBooRun said:
    SienaC said:
    MMaru said:

*Snipped*

The shower hosts get to decide how big of a shower they can host. Many families do separate showers for each side. I don't think this is wrong.
    There was no where in her post that indicated they did not invite them due to the number of guests? Or that they wanted to do separate showers for the families?
    If you read the part I bolded, she said they decided not to invite them and told her that she should send them birth announcements instead. I would be fine with a host telling me that they only wanted to have "X" number of guests but asking who I wanted to invite and then telling me that they decided they were not inviting those people would upset me.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @longliveregina when i worked at a pool bar in FL the birds were AWFUL! they dive bombed the trays as servers were bringing out food, stole food out of people's hands and snuck under napkin covered plates when people were swimming. i totally know where you are coming from! can you go medieval style and spike out your trash can so the bird can't land on it? lol that might deter the trash guys though...
  • I don't mind if they want to limit the number of guests, but fact is, these people all live roughly 800+ miles away and would not have actually come anyway - it's a matter of courtesy to at least invite them, and just how my family has always done things.  I get that there are a lot of traditions and whatnot that are different when you move to another part of the country, and I love my in-laws to death and really appreciate them throwing us a shower/diaper party, I just wish they'd have gone off the list I gave them instead of just opting not to invite them.  Especially since, as some of my relatives are on Facebook and I'm completely okay with doing Facebook invites, SOME are going to get invited, but now those who aren't on Facebook won't.  Luckily my family is pretty cool and I can't see anyone taking grave offense or anything, I just kind of wish they would have gone with the list itself.

And @silverbulletband - sweet almighty everything, YES, I miss sleeping on my stomach!!  I just ordered a Boppy and the website had a deal where if you get one, you can get another for just $10 - I opted to get a second one to try and use for my stomach for the next month and a half.  Can't justify buying a pregnancy pillow this close to The End, but $10 for something I'll use anyway?  Sure!

Came into work tonight and one of my co-workers from another building popped in.  We don't see each other often so she hasn't seen my preggo butt in a while, but took one look at me and said, "Wow, you're really ready to be done with being pregnant, aren't you?"

• @mmaru, my work team is scattered across the country. One of my co-workers hosted a virtual baby shower. Everyone got on a video webinar (Skype or FaceTime or google hangout might work), and we just chatted. They showed what they gave me and/or shared advice. I thought it was odd when my coworker suggested it, but it was actually a lot of fun. Added bonus, everyone bought off the registry, since that was easier than a local store. It lasted about 30 minutes, which was just about perfect. Could you do something like that with your far-away family?

The people who hosted my local shower held it without me, since I was in the hospital. That was strange, and it made me sad. But I'm grateful for their kindness in holding a shower at all.