Pregnant after IF

February Multiple Mamas Check In

Hey there mamas of multiples! I'm so excited to see so many of us here after the long road of infertility! Here is our monthly discussion with each other about concerns/questions that are unique to us!

Introduce yourself with how many babes you're cooking and what your expected delivery date and gestation is!

Any questions about being pregnant with more than one babe?

Anything else you'd like to discuss, like baby gear?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: February Multiple Mamas Check In

• Hey multiple mamas! I hope everyone is still doing well and growing babies like a champion!

Both of my crazy doctors think I can carry my triplets to between 36 and 37 weeks which will be the week of March 20th. Yeah, sure I can carry them that long. We'll see how how that goes! At 29+4 I'm starting to feel worse each day, so I don't know how I would last another 7 weeks.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014  I'm looking at your ticker and i can't imagine having 3 acorn squash inside of me!!!  It sounds like you need to put your feet up and DH take care of everything!

AFM, just had my ultra screen today.  It was nice to see my little ones.  Baby B was very bouncy and baby A was laaaaazzzyyyy.  She was just swatting away at the ultrasound, like leave me alone i'm sleeping.

I'm 12w today with twins.  My intuition is telling me Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy.  We'll find out if I'm right in just about 6 months!
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @DDRGirlie I just had an appointment today and Baby A is 2 pounds 10 ounces, B is 3 pounds 2 ounces and C is 3 pounds. That's an awful lot of baby! And my docs still want me to go another 7ish weeks! I take life one day at a time. I'm so happy you got to see your two, and how funny that A was being a lazy!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies! Glad to see that so far we're all marching along. Hit 21 weeks today with two little boys. I have a dr.'s appointment in a  few days so looking forward to seeing them :) 

@AandDM2014 ...you have 9-lbs of baby, plus placenta, etc. Jeez! No wonder another 7 wks doesn't sound appealing. Did you have a baby shower? I can't remember. Hopefully if you did its long in the past. Are you still working? I thought I recall that you were moving but I could be confusing you. 

@DDRGirlie - Welcome to the board and congrats on your two little peas :)  I convinced myself for no real reason that i was having a boy & girl. I was in shock for a good two weeks (maybe longer, LOL) when I found out it was 2 boys. Do you have a preference ? 
  • @DDRGirlie that's so funny!! My babies are the same way. One is always ready for his/her close up, moving around, showing off, and the other is always just so content and never wants to be fussed with. Whether, he/she is sitting with his/her hands up and doesn't want to move them, or last time he/she wouldnt flip for us so we barely go a good view. But he/she has no problem kicking back when we push a little to try and get him/her to cooperate lol. 
    Little personalities already! I love it. 

@AandDM2014 almost 9 pounds of baby! That's bigger than some people's full term babies at birth. You are a trooper!!!  
    i want those babies to grow big and strong for you, but I hope you get to lay down while they do!! :blush:
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @JaneJane yay for 21 weeks! Congrats! Yup. I've gained just over 40 pounds so far. Crazy. I had my baby shower this past Sunday at 29+1. I luckily got to sit a lot. I don't work, so thankfully don't have to worry about that. We moved 2 weeks ago, but we paid people to do it for us. We still have a lot of unpacking to do, but I'm sure it'll get done eventually.

@Colleen0516 Yup, it's crazy to think about, but looking at me you can definitely tell! I rest lots, like pretty much all the time. My daily exercise, other than walking to the bathroom and getting lots of snacks, is walking to the mail box 4 houses down... which took me about 5 minutes yesterday. Everything is getting tiring. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 Im sure its exhausting! I give you credit for even trying to walk down the street, I dont know if I would be able to do it lol. But you're keeping those little babes healthy, so kudos to yoU!! Supermom! :heart:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• So I have an OB appointment on Monday, and then was supposed to set my 20 week scan at that appointment. I got a little excited and figured I would try and set it before my  OB appointment and it worked. I told her it was my anatomy scan and it had to be done anywhere between 18-20 weeks (which the doctor did say) and she goes okay how is this Wednesday? I was so happy! They are usually so booked and you usually dont get anything for at least 2-3 weeks out. SOOO as long my little chick-a-dees decide to cooperate (and the tech feels confident in telling us) I think I can find out the genders on Wednesday! :smile: Im gonna do a mini reveal with my immediate family next weekend as long as the appointment goes well. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 Oh my gosh, how exciting!! And so soon!! I know we aren't supposed to have a preference, but do you want one of each or both the same?

For those who don't feel movement yet: having more than one baby growing in you can sometimes be a non stop party, and it's wonderful!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• We found out the genders at 15 weeks and a few days at a private facility. Two wks later I saw my OB and she confirmed one of them, not the other, she couldn't tell. Two wks after that I had my A/S but the tech wouldn't confirm both only said that she thought one gender was probably right. I don't doubt the private facility I went to they have a great rep but if a little girl comes out instead of a little boy I will be shocked! 

I finally started feeling the twins move this week, I'm now at 21 wks. Its awesome :) 

I have another OB appointment today. Dr is going to go over the A/S results b/c the tech told me zero. I've been trying not to think  of if for the past two weeks. Fingers crossed all is well. 
  • I will obviously be happy with whatever we get. BUT I would love one of each, I wanted a girl first and my hubby wanted a boy first- nowtjat there are two, one of each would give us both what we wanted :smile: 
    I have a gut feeling it's two girls though. I would be shocked if they told me twin boys. 

@AandDM2014 funny you should say that! I want to feel them so badly!! Hoping I start to feel them in the upcoming weeks!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 I wanted one of each too. But wouldn't change these two girls for anything.
    anyone have ideas how they are going to feed both babies I'm having trouble feeding both bottles at the same time. I usually stagger feedings any ideas 
  • @JaneJane How odd that they wouldn't confirm the sexes for you! Maybe one of them was being uncooperative?

@Colleen0516 I too wanted a girl first, and I was so very pleased when he told us it was 2 girls and 1 boy. That's definitely what I was hoping for, right behind healthy!

@ultratomato I've seen ladies put each one in a boppy and feed them that way. I'm going to try to breastfeed, so I have a twin feeding pillow. I'll also try to pump so someone else can feed the third at the same time. If I tried to stagger them I'd be doing nothing but feeding babies 24/7!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 yeah tandem feeding is hard with boppy pillows I guess it's something I have to get use to. And I will since DH is going to back to work on Monday at least he works from home but still he can't come and help every minute. I stagger them most of the time.
  • Has anyone found an effective remedy for the massive amount of heartburn multiples give us? I can't be the only one who is ready to rip out my esophagus!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @ultratomato I saw somewhere that this pillow is ideal for nursing twins at the same time: My Brest Friend Deluxe Nursing Pillow. 

@AandDM2014  No heartburn here, hopefully it resolves soon :(    

The twin have their fetal echocardiogram this week. Fingers crossed all is well. I saw my OB last week and she said all looked fine on her end. She told me they mainly look for movement, strong heart beat (though we didn't listen to it) and liquid amount or something like that. I asked about my A/S from a few weeks back. She said everything looked fine. That was disappointing in that I wanted more then just find. She did say that the MFM would do the echo and would give me more details. I guess on the up side I get to see the twins twice in the span of two weeks :) 
  • @AandDM2014 - I am taking pepcid twice a day and tums as needed. I was having horrible heartburn being on bed rest and that seems to have done the trick. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kelrauh I'll have to ask my doc about doing pepcid instead of Zantac. And I think I need to go buy the not fruit flavored tums. They don't seem to do much.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hey ladies! Glad everyone is doing well. 
    As for heartburn I had TUMS during my pregnancy. 
    @ultratomato I have the my Brest friend deluxe, I've been getting by with feeding my little prince and princess. The only thing is although it has some type of lumbar support you'll probably need to prop some pillows behind you to make it comfortable.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck Im not beastfeeding the babies I'm bottle feeding them. 
  • So, I started my registry this past weekend-- such a milestone!! :smile: 
    It was surreal and exciting, but a little overwhelming too. Really set in that there will be TWO :heart::heart:
    Now I have a few questions:
    What will your babies be sleeping in the first few weeks? Bassinets? Cribs? co-sleeper? I didn't find bassinets or co sleepers for twins.
    Feeding: I will be attempting to breast feed, but when I go back to work, my mom will bottle feed with my breast milk. Bottle suggestions? 

Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @kelrauh how are you feeling? And how are the babies doing? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• janejane-2janejane-2 member
    edited February 2017
    @Colleen0516 I'm putting my twins in a the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Bassinet. I anticipate that they'll be born slightly smaller then a singleton. I've seen it in person and its actually pretty big. I figure they'll stay there for the first 3 months and then I'll transition them to either one crib or their individual cribs. I thought of buying two bassinets but since they won't stay in too long it seems like such a waste of money especially since we already bought two cribs. (I like the halo bassinet but its pretty small so I would definitely have to get 2 and they are pretty expensive). I've had several friends complain that their little ones didn't like either their cribs, or bassinet, or [insert any sleeping device] so why spend all the money. I'll have the bassinet, both cribs, and two rock and plays to use during the day. 
  • How exciting @Colleen0516! I still haven't fully decided what our babes will sleep in. We'll have their cribs up, but I'm not sure about having them sleep in our room.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Lurking from IF***
    @Colleen0516  some of the pack-n-plays have a larger bassinet section that easily fits 2. we used the smaller upper section for the first few months than when they got to large for that then briefly used the bottom of the pack-n-play. At 6 months we moved them to their crib in their room. They shared a crib until about 9 months.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @janejane, that was my plan too, but it all depends on their weight. When I registered,  I was warned to look at weight maximums. With two babies, the weight is heavier, faster. Soo it all depends on the size of the babies when they come out- and we cant plan for that lol 

@wabash15 I did register for that!! They have 35 different singleton pack n plays but only 3 twin ones (oh well lol). But right now, thats my plan. Then if they are both really small and can fit weight wise in something else, I may explore my options. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 we are using rock and plays right now they are almost 6 weeks and plan on using them till 3 months. They sleep better swaddled we figured out 
  • @Colleen0516  I registered for a twin pack n play with 2 bassinets.  Most moms I've spoken to said not to spend too much on seperate bassinets because they haven't stayed in it for more than 2 months; at least the pack n play can be used longer. 

As far as bottles, lots of people have seemed to like the Avent bottles ( i think thats that they're called).  I registered for tommee tippee.  I plan on breastfeeding and then bottle feeding when I'm at work.  Tommee tippee nipples are supposed to reduce baby having nipple confusion because the nipple is shaped like a breast.  
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So I just had a scan done at 18 weeks 1 day. The doctor said he was concerned because my cervix was opening when he touched it with the probe. He said that in a normal pregnancy he would definitely send me to have a stitch put in, but because I am having twins he does not want to do that as twins usually do worse after having this done. I'm very worried. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
    Me: 34 / Hubs: 35
    Married December 2008
    TTC: 2010
    3 ectopic pregnancies, moved on to IVF 2011
    3 rounds of IVF, 1 miscarraige, two BFN
    Started with new RE Fall 2015
    Diagnosed Compound Hetero MTHFR
    Hysteroscopy to remove abrasions 
    Began Stims for IVF #4 10/11/16
    Long Lupron protocol
    ER 10/23/16 6R, 5M all 5 fertilized via ICSI
    ET 10/28/16 Transferred 2 5bb blasts; 2 frosties! BFP!
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • Oh no @taradise99, that doesn't sound good. I've never heard of that so don't have any advice so hopefully one of the other ladies has.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @taradise99 -I think one of the other ladies here had a similar'ish issue I can't recall who exactly. I think the stitch is to prevent you from going into early labor. I think the lady with the similar issue had to be put on hospital bed rest but she was closer to her 3rd trimester. I wonder why he can't do the stitch giving that you're only 18 weeks. Are you seeing an MFM? Maybe get a second opinion? Stay strong! 
  • @taradise99 - I am on bed rest in the hospital for a similar issue. I came in at 22 weeks and 3 days and I am now 25 weeks and 1 day). I currently have no cervical length but not dilated. I have heard from many OBs in the last 2 1/2 weeks at the hospital. I was told by majority of the OBs that they would not do a cerclage for a twin pregnancy but the MFM that my doctor referred me to suggested one, but it was too late because my cervix had lost the remainder of the length in 1 day and baby A's sac is funneling. She said that many OBs say that there is no evidence of them working so they will not do it, but that is because they cannot do a trial on twins. She said they cant pick and choose someone to have a surgery or not just to have a trial. I don't want to scare you but if you loose too much length like I have then you just have to hope your babies don't come if they dont do a cerclage. If I could have got a cerclage they would have sent me home on bed rest but it was not meant to be. If I were you I would figure out how short my cervix is and tell your doctor you want a consult with a MFM at a large medical facility and ask about bed rest. My cervix went from 3.5cm at 19 weeks to .5 at 23 and 3 then 0 at 23 and 5. This has by far been one of the scariest things to go through because my babies can come at any time. If you can catch it early and get a cerclage you wont have to go through what I am.

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @kelrauh thank you. I am so sorry, I am sure you must be so scared. He did not say my cervix was short... just that when he touched it with the probe it was opening, so not entirely sure what that means or what the term for that is, I guess it could mean that it is short as well... He is having me start taking progesterone and to stay off my feet. I am currently seeing a MFM but I am trying to get a second opinion at Northwestern to see if they think a cerclage would help. Thank you so much for your response. I will keep you in my thoughts. 
    Married December 2008
    Long Lupron protocol
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • @taradise99 Im so sorry, that has to be so stressful. Get off your feet and relax as much as you can! When are you going back to have it rechecked?? 

@kelruah So happy to hear that you made it past 24 weeks! Now hoping that you make it several more -- keep those babies safe! Bed rest most be so difficult (emotionally), I cant image. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 Thank you! I'm going back a week from tomorrow, but am trying to get in with another specialist to get a second opinion to make sure there's nothing else that should be done. 
    Married December 2008
    Long Lupron protocol
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • @taradise99 - are you in the Chicago area? You had said northwestern so I was curious. I am in Grand Rapids, Michigan so about 3 hours from Chicago. I hope that you get everything figured out. I also talked to my mfm today and progesterone is now proven to help when it wasn't before so I'm glad they put you on it. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @kelrauh thanks:) Yes I'm about a half hour south of Chicago... Yes I hope it helps, I talked to my friend who is a MFM midwife and she confirmed that research shows poor outcomes when a cerclage is used with twins:( I am still going to get another opinion but I'm thinking that the cerclage may not be an option for me... So just going to keep taking the progesterone and see what happens next week. 
    Married December 2008
    Long Lupron protocol
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • @taradise99 - let us know how it goes with your Dr. Next week and if you can get in to another one. There is only one mfm who will do them here. She is the best of the best with cerclages I guess so everyone who needs one with twins in my area goes to her. 

There are no changes here we are 25w 2d today. I am excited I get an ultrasound tomorrow. They told me I wouldn't for another week but they opted to just do one since I am here. I also had my glucose test today and failed that. I was only at 156 and they were wanting 140 so they are having me do the 3 hour in the next couple of days. Hopefully we don't add that to the list but at least being in the hospital it will be easy to manage if I do. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @kelrauh I'm glad you and your babies are still going strong! Every day you cook them is less time in the NICU. I'm sorry that you didn't pass the glucose test. I didn't either and have been checking my blood 4 times a day for the last 2 weeks. Luckily it's looking like I don't have it, so hopefully you don't either and it was just a fluke!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Ladies I haven't been on here in awhile it's busy with twins just a warning lol. But I love my girls and wouldn't change a thing. Although yesterday they barely napped so that made night time even harder ugh. Hope all is well with everyone