February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 2/6/16

Hey Stillpregnants! How ya feeling today?

Re: Symptoms Thread 2/6/16

• Some symptoms as the past few weeks. The only new addition would be terrible reflux from last night. I definitely ate too much and too late because of the super bowl and woke up 3 times to stomach acid in my mouth. Slept sitting up the rest of the night!
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 to acid reflux last night...  Pulled pork sandwiches did not sit well with me.  Chewed Tums like they were going out of style and got up every 45 min - an hour to try pee and try a new position.  Finally settled into a good sleep around 3 a.m.

My legs are super sore today because I scrubbed a good portion of our basement floor yesterday morning.  Since getting down on my hands & knees (and getting back up off the floor again) is just too much work, I squatted on and off for about 45 minutes.  I actually feel pretty good otherwise; so, maybe more squats are in my near future.

Also, twice yesterday and once so far this morning, I think I had a contraction.  It was across the entire top of my bump.  At first, I thought I was getting kicked, punched and butted (is that a thing) all at the same time.  But, when I felt, my bump was really solid everywhere and the feeling lasted 15-30 seconds.  Things might be getting started?  Or, I'm an optimistic FTM who's ready for something to get started?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *TMI*

Anyone notice a huge uptick in discharge towards the very end? Mine is borderline watery, but it's been that way all pregnancy and it doesn't come in gushes when I get up or anything so I'm pretty confident I'm not leaking fluid. It's just a lot more than it has been since very early first tri. 
    Yeah I've had more too. I've thought I could be leaking water and then I go check and nope - discharge! It's definitely more than it has been though. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Xstatic3333 omg yes. It's so much. OB said that it could be the mp because sometimes it just looks like discharge rather than one big glob so that's what I'm hoping for. At least it means something's happening down there lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Phew, thanks guys! It was bad enough that I did the "lay on your side for half an hour" test yesterday, but no dice. I think it's just so watery since I drink a ton of water. 
  • No real new symptoms here. Just trying to manage my back pain and kind of failing... If I sit too long, like at work it gets bad but if I move around and do too much like I did yesterday it gets bad also. Also it's making sleeping more difficult. Not only do I wake up needing to pee but I wake up every hour or so with hip pain from the hip I'm laying on. Now I'm starting to have trouble with back pain waking me up. I can't wait to sleep on my back/stomach again. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited February 2017
    I think my MP might have been coming out in very small chunks the last couple days. We went on a hike on Friday and then yesterday and all last night and now today I just feel funny. My back is weird, and my stomach feels like I'm barely getting cramps but it's not strong or in a rhythm. I am getting BH though so often that my stomach feels exhausted like I just worked out (wait... what is that? Haha)

Also... this one is super weird but does anybody feel like their stomach skin is like tearing or something? It feels kind of painful when it happens, but it's almost like the skin is super thin and if I stretch it or move it by coughing or even just with my hands, it gets this weird sensation like I'm ripping a bandaid off my skin. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Acid reFlux and heartburn has me taking the highest dose of zantac. And I still have it all day.
    +1 to extra discharge 

So tired. I really need to pack and clean my house but it is not haopening 

• +1 to soooo much discharge. A lot of the time I think "it must be parts of my MP" but then convince myself its just discharge. At my appointment last week the doctor asked me if I had an increase and when I said yes she asked if there was any blood. So my guess is maybe more discharge may be getting you ready to lose your MP and have your bloody show? But who knows, the doctor wasn't very clear.

@kswiger06 I have been feeling something kind of similar. Like my insides hurt more and it radiates to my skin on my stomach, it makes it feel very thin. And in turn, it makes it more painful when a body part jabs me.

• @jlellis603 I had my bloody show but it was just a huge amount of mucus tinged with blood. I had to google it to make sure that's what it was! Still have a lot of discharge and mucus tho.
  • @kswiger06 I think I know what you mean about the skin tearing feeling. I keep thinking that I might be getting a stretch mark that I can feel forming in the moment, but then when I look there is nothing there. . .

Besides being ridiculously tired, feeling like a whale, and increased watery discharge,  a lot of my painful symptoms from previous weeks (swollen feet, back and pelvic pain) seem to have subsided a bit. Part of me gets nervous because I think I should feel worse these last few weeks not better - is that crazy?
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger What ever happened with your vision issues and stomach pain? Did you get a second opinion? Or did they subside?

I've had some blurry vision the past two days. Not concerning BP levels so midwife said she was okay with me waiting till Wednesday to just come in for my weekly appointment. Trying not to get anxious about waiting till then. 
  • I was having more painful than usual contractions so I bounced on a yoga ball for 45 mins during my lunch break and now they've slowed down. Shouldn't it work the other way!
  • had a nasty sinus infection that I had to be put on antibiotics for. Thankfully they appear to be working and the horrid pain and nosebleeds are subsiding. Other than that, same late pregnancy symptoms as usual, although I do feel that baby has "dropped", so that's a plus.

• After having sex, some regular contractions started for about 12-14 hours but really spaced apart. However almost every time I got a contraction my heart would skip a beat/i would lose my breath. It's a hard feeling to describe. 

I googled it and there was lots of talk on other message boards about how it's nothing to be worried about. I talked with my doctor about it today and she didn't seem that concerned but wants me to go see my cardiologist. 

I made an appointment for Thursday, but I feel like it's pointless unless I am having contractions. That's the only time it happens. And unfortunately I can't make myself have contractions. Cuz if I could please believe I would be all over that!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • kjd291 said:
    @LivingLaVidaGinger What ever happened with your vision issues and stomach pain? Did you get a second opinion? Or did they subside?

I've had some blurry vision the past two days. Not concerning BP levels so midwife said she was okay with me waiting till Wednesday to just come in for my weekly appointment. Trying not to get anxious about waiting till then. 
    They did some blood work and said my platelets were "not alarmingly low" so they'll probably do more blood work this week to see if there have been any changes. I still have the headache and vision issues (which they still believe is just the result of a chronic migraine) but the stomach pain comes and goes. They've ruled the stomach pain out at my ribs expanding and baby's position. Since I've previously separated my ribs, they said the area can rather easily get irritated again and cause pain. I hope everything stays okay for you and it's just the overall suckiness of the last few weeks of pregnancy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @margie2210 that's exactly what I had thought too. But I look and don't see anything physically changing on my skin (stretch marks). It's a very strange feeling though, isn't it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291 said:
    @LivingLaVidaGinger What ever happened with your vision issues and stomach pain? Did you get a second opinion? Or did they subside?

They did some blood work and said my platelets were "not alarmingly low" so they'll probably do more blood work this week to see if there have been any changes. I still have the headache and vision issues (which they still believe is just the result of a chronic migraine) but the stomach pain comes and goes. They've ruled the stomach pain out at my ribs expanding and baby's position. Since I've previously separated my ribs, they said the area can rather easily get irritated again and cause pain. I hope everything stays okay for you and it's just the overall suckiness of the last few weeks of pregnancy!
    Thank you!  

Glad they've found no issues with your blood work, and have good reasons for the other alarming symptoms.  Hope everything keeps coming back clear for you till baby arrives!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm so glad they did some tests and you're doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated :-)
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger glad they've got some alternative reasons for your symptoms and hope it's all just a coincidence. 
  • This cold/congestion sucks and it's gonna suck harder when I'm coughing my brains out after the csection tomorrow. That shit is gonna hurt like hell, but I'm just going to have to deal with it. Plus I'll take this any day over the stomach virus that swept through here last weekend! They're going to go ahead with the surgery tomorrow as long as I don't develop a fever/more severe flu like symptoms I guess. 

I woke up this morning screaming in pain because both my legs cramped up so badly. H had to massage them for a while, it was so bad I couldn't even walk. That's what I get for my lack of water intake! I tried, but know it's way less than what it should be. Now I'm up having my "final meal" and tons of water because as of midnight I have to be done, they said not even a sip of water. The heartburn and swelling have also increased tenfold lately. 
  • @jab3 that sounds no fun with a cold and coughing and a c/s!! But it's exciting to know you're counting down the time until baby arrives!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The only real new symptom I have is major aching on my inner thighs up near my crotch. I've been trying to walk more in the last few days since I'm not working anymore, and maybe it's just from traipsing through the pile of snow we had dumped on us in the last few days, but it's been brutal sometimes. Aside from that it's been the same old back pain and occasional lower abdominal cramps.
  • kjd291 said:

Just for anyone lurking and having similar concerns--went to L&D because my dull headache hadn't gone away with meds and blurry vision continued. Everything was fine - midwife said it's usually caused by fluid retention in the head. not concerned because I have low BO, and unless the vision changes are weirder-funneling, blackouts, seeing spots, flashing lights-etc. she's said not to be concerned because those are the ones that point to high BP/brain stuff. 
    ((But I was bumped up to twice a week appointments till baby arrives)) 
  • New symptom, snoring like a man. I'm not even stuffed up! Woke up at 1:30 to pee and my H was gone. Whoops! 
  • @krob I definitely had that heart palpitation, chest pressure sensation whenever I had contractions, which ended up being for a while. I had them even during delivery. Totally an unnerving feeling but I chalked it up to another weird pregnancy symptom. It's gone now.
  • @foxrosy thanks so much for the reassurance. i spoke with my cardiologist yesterday and she agreed it was pointless for me to come in, especially if I am not currently having contractions. she said if i go into labor to make sure to let them know what I am experiencing and they can take it from there. fingers crossed it's no big deal. 

one benefit is i can always tell when a contraction is about to start b/c i lose my breath. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I thought the pressure and pain I was feeling last week was bad. HA what did I know! I want even move my torso let alone walk without wincing in pain. Hope this baby comes soon because I want to move like a human again
  • @jlellis603 I feel you!! I've had pressure and pain for weeks now. It makes it so hard to walk. Moving in bed at night is hard enough when your in the 3rd tri, but that pain makes me want to cry. I'm starting to have more frequent shooting pains that go all the way down through my vaginal area. When I get them I can't even move. Are you experiencing that? 
  • @krob yes! Due to my epidural I couldn't always tell when a contraction was coming on but I had my trusty palpitations and chest discomfort to let me know! Lol. Hoping you go into labor soon and all is great!
  • @jstringfellow19 ugh yes I am. My inner thighs are getting sore and I'm getting sooooo much lightning crotch. That with the pressure/pain and the contractions I've been having for weeks is making impossible to do anything other than breathe. Hope your LO comes soon too! 
  • Baby feels really low and there is lots of cramping and pressure,  but not contractions that keep steady.   We were going to try to, uh, jump start them again last night but we had kids popping downstairs until almost 11 and I fell asleep on the couch.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker