February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest 2/6

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 2/6

•  Day 8 of newborn cold. No signs of going away. It's so much worse at night and right around 4am we wake up to him like gasping for air and then im too paranoid to fall back asleep. 
  • Oh god @PerraSucia That's awful, I'm sorry :disappointed:
    I know pretty much nothing about this, but any chance it's more than a cold? RSV?
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh boo @PerraSucia! Poor little guy, and poor you! Has everyone else in the house's cold gone away already?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Oh @PerraSucia that's no fun! I hope the poor little guy feels better soon!
  • @PerraSucia poor little guy!! I hope he gets well soon.
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited February 2017
    @PerraSucia Well that's good news! Like I said, I definitely don't know anything about it. I hope Felix gets through this cold sooner rather than later :heart:

• I will just leave this here. 

https://g.co/kgs/ncTKJO

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• That would be scary to wake up to @PerraSucia!! I hope he gets through it quickly. :(

My husband has the house thermostat set on 76 right now and I'm so hot. I'm actually sitting in our bedroom in just my undergarments trying to cool down. Normally I'm the one whose always cold but lately I'm always hot, and when I say it's too hot in here, H replies by saying "I'm comfortable." 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo Every year in our history together my husband wants it between 68 and 72 tops, so why this year he's got it so high is beyond me. We usually say the same thing, if you're cold, put on another layer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PerraSucia Sorry your little guy is sick :( Hopefully he starts to feel better soon! Kids being sick is never fun, but when they're so little it's always more stressful. They just don't get what's going on and why they feel so bad. Hugs!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • @PerraSucia hugs for your little guy!! I hope it clears up soon. I wouldn't be getting much rest either :( 
  • I hope your little guy feels better soon @PerraSucia!
  • Aw @PerraSucia hope felix is feeling better soon! Have you tried saline nasal drops? Cora has been really snuffly & what sounds like difficulty breathing the past few days & saline nasal drops have really helped clear her airways.
  • @perrasucia hope he gets better soon! 
  • Yikes, I hope he feels better soon @PerraSucia. I'd be too scared to go back to sleep too. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 4 day old's bilirubin level came back at 17.1. I'm waiting to hear from the home health person to get a bili blanket phototherapy thing delivered today. :(

I'm pretty sure he will have to be undressed 24/7 under this blanket. How the heck is that going to work for sleeping tonight? (He's been doing great sleeping 2-3 hour stretches in fleece pjs, a little hat and swaddled).

My additional BF is that my husband who never gets sick ever picked the day after getting home from the hospital to come down with something. I know avoiding me, our 4yr old and the baby is probably for the best, but dang it, I want some help!!!
  • @FreshBakedBrownies day 4-5 is the peak! So hopefully it starts coming down soon. My doctor won't do lights until it's over 19 at day 5 or something like that. 

How long do you need to blanket?
  • My 4 day old's bilirubin level came back at 17.1. I'm waiting to hear from the home health person to get a bili blanket phototherapy thing delivered today. :(

I'm pretty sure he will have to be undressed 24/7 under this blanket. How the heck is that going to work for sleeping tonight? (He's been doing great sleeping 2-3 hour stretches in fleece pjs, a little hat and swaddled).

My additional BF is that my husband who never gets sick ever picked the day after getting home from the hospital to come down with something. I know avoiding me, our 4yr old and the baby is probably for the best, but dang it, I want some help!!!
    I'm not sure how the blanket goes, but my DD went back into the hospital at 4 days old for the billi lights and literally slept the entire time she was under them. It's so warm and soothing I bet you'll get the best sleep you've had yet!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks @Starfish113. I tend to worry too much when it comes to this little guy!

@PerraSucia I'm not sure yet how long he will need it. I have to take him back to the pediatrician again tomorrow for another blood check.
  • Good luck that his numbers are already dropping. His poor feet. The last vampire gave us extra foot warmers to start before we got there to make sure they were good and warm 
  • @PerraSucia @Janefelicity There's also this for snotty noses! I had so much skepticism, so didn't buy one for myself, but a mom friend gave one to me, and I had no qualms busting it out the first time Theo got snuffly. 

@Gretchypoo What's your plan for once the baby arrives, temperature wise? My husband and I were constantly in the 63 range (or in the 17-18 degree range, in my part of the world. Metric for lyfe!) pre-baby, but now we're up at 70 to keep Theo from getting too cold. I'm hating it, because I'm going through my own little mini menopause over here, and would very happily sleep with one sheet and the window open, but apparently that's not good for babies in February... 
  • @poetryandoceans you want to see how many boogers we sucked out of this tiny face  :D
  • @PerraSucia only if I can show you the booger my kid snotted onto my boob during his morning feed this a.m. 
  • @poetryandoceans we tend to keep the house at a low temp and heat the room we ate using. Baby will be with us at first so I will usually turn on a space heater for an hour or so at night to warm up the room. I plan to dress her in a onsie, socks and a sleeper (fleece if it is too cold) and a hat. If we need to turn up the heat we will-- esp since that is a lot to take off during a middle of night diaper change!
  • I looked at the gro-egg! I ended up getting the serenity star, and it says the ideal temp starts at 18 c. So we've been keeping the temp a bit higher than I'm used to to keep the star glowing the right colour.... sounds like if I had got the egg instead I wouldn't be worried! 
  • @WinchesterGirl WOW that is so far from any of her business it's not even funny. So rude to even ask about that, let alone not let it die when you didn't tell her the first time
  • My Tuesday BF is that it literally only snows when DH and I stuff we need to do. I was supposed to have a pregnancy massage today but since it's snowing so much my appointment had to be canceled and they don't have any more openings until well after this guy is gonna be here so I guess I'm going to have to settle for a regular massage after I've healed. 

I also made an appointment on Thursday for my car maintenance and now we're supposed to get another like half foot of snow on Thursday so I'm prob rescheduling that as well... 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @FreshBakedBrownies what were little dudes numbers today?