TTC After a Loss

Ovulation after miscarriage

Hello ladies.

I experienced an early miscarriage in November (5w2d)... and after the appropriate follow ups and the green light to start trying again, I searched and searched 'when would I ovulate after miscarriage??' And I could not find any recent articles... everything was dated from 2010. The answers I did find were all over the map- early, regular, late after AF left town.... so I became the 'crazy pee-on-the-stick lady' starting a few days after my cycle ended. I tested late morning and evening for 2.5 weeks... (we should win an award for our efforts!) I am a 29-34 day cycle gal, and usually get +LH around day 14/15 (so ovulation day 15-17-ish).... I got a +LH cycle day 19 & 20.. so I ovulated late after my CP. Given the wide range of answers... I think every person is different, but I wanted to post my experience because I figured I would help at least ONE gal out there in the same situation!

My answer would be start testing after AF until you get your +LH surge... if it seems too tedious, it is! I just focused on going to lunch with friends, reading a book, decorating for Christmas and avoiding "when will you guys have kids" questions.... I treated it like a chore "unload the dishwasher, pee on the stick, take out the trash, oh its negative, what's on TV" and kept going. Distraction is KEY!

I'm happy to say we are pregnant again. 5w5d... I'm trying to contain the joy until we see the heartbeat because a loss is just so devastating.

So fingers are crossed!

I just want to say I am so sorry for your loss... no matter how far along a pregnancy is, it still effects you because it was YOUR baby!

I hope this helps at least one person!

xo

Lisa

Re: Ovulation after miscarriage

• Thank you so much Lisa!! that was exactly what I needed!!
  • I have been wondering about this as we just found out baby's heart stopped beating. Thanks for the info ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting this @lmj126 and congratulations on your great news! I just had a chemical pregnancy over Xmas and agree there isn't much guidance out there on what to do for the immediate cycle afterwards. I have no idea what day I should consider my CD 1 but I figured I'd pick the day of bright red spotting like I would if it was my AF. Did you do something similar? Like you, I'm also peeing on OPKs and temping to see when I'll O.
  • Congratulations! H&H9 to you and your SO!
  • @lmj126 my deepest condolensces to you with your loss in November, we miscarried around or if not on the same day it seems. I understand your feelings completely, as it was my second m/c and it's so heartbreaking. There are no words. But your post has most certainly helped me in a new route while TTC this month, testing with OPK's! And thanks for your word on it becoming tedious and staying distracted, that's going to help me keep strong with that! And a HUGE congratulations to you for not giving up and expecting! Your efforts have paid off <3 what wonderful news! Thank you for sharing your story

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @lmj126 H&H 9 months!!! What BMB are you on, Sept16?
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ladies. Thank you for all of your warm thoughts & wishes! The loss was very upsetting... But we moved forward and we're excited about the happy news :) (appt tmrw, fingers crossed for a heart beat ❤️)

@pambtoro I considered CD1 the day I started bleeding. I had nothing else to go on but that... Im really good at the OPKs but terrible at temping. I checked a few times but otherwise would only remember after the fact.

@ssnova @ollie&amp;lulu Im so glad I could help ❤️

@kay6519 Thank you!
  • @mrsbenjamindaniel I MCd 11/22, it was so upsetting. I am so sorry to hear of your losses too
  • @mrsbenjamindaniel
    I kept thinking I would rather have a healthy baby than one with challanges- and if thats why the MC happened, it was nature. Quality of life is what I focused on and it helped me greive the loss and move forward.

Distraction is key. Im glad my experience could help
  • @FireInWonderland
    Thank you!
    I joined August mom group. Im still new to thebump forums...
  • @lmj126 I am in the Sept ones, and was curious if we had the same EDD month. Hope you enjoy your time here on TB!!! Good luck to you
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• thanks for your post! 

I just found out a I had a miscarriage, I have been bleeding for 11 days, 2 days were heavy but the rest were pretty light. 

I've started using OPK's and hoping it will work this month.