July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• manillabarmanillabar member
    edited February 2017
    yikes @oheliza44 I totally get it because I would be worried too, but it sounds like so far everything is ok. hopefully the cramping goes away soon!

edited to fix comma placement
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @oheliza44 Oh man, I really hope you and baby are ok! I get worried if my 15 pound cat steps on me too hard, and the baby doesn't much appreciate it either. Keep us posted! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @oheliza44 silly puppy!  I hope everything is okay. 
  • So I think I felt baby from the outside today, and fairly low, must've been rolling over or something because it was very pronounced! (19+1). On Friday at the A/S, there were a couple of times it kicked, and I noticed feeling one, but not another. Such a weird feeling!! 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Here's a ridiculous whine for you, they just told me I have an anterior placenta and won't feel the baby for a while. I almost cried. Only because this pregnancy has been so full of anxiety and I know that once I can feel the baby it will ease up. I thought it would be any day now (TTM and measuring 16 weeks) if you had an anterior placenta how long did you have to wait for baby to make its presence known

Hi @nikkiandchris I have an anterior placenta but have definitely been feeling bubby since 16-17weeks. Even Dh has felt the LO. I am a ftm. My midwife did say baby was very lively at my last check up so that could be why. I wasn't expecting to feel anything for ages but I did! Try lying still at night and see if you can feel anything. It'll be subtle at first. Best of luck.
  • Here's a ridiculous whine for you, they just told me I have an anterior placenta and won't feel the baby for a while. I almost cried. Only because this pregnancy has been so full of anxiety and I know that once I can feel the baby it will ease up. I thought it would be any day now (TTM and measuring 16 weeks) if you had an anterior placenta how long did you have to wait for baby to make its presence known? 
    I also have an anterior placenta, but started feeling slight movements around 17 weeks. I am 18+5 today and I can typically feel a few movements per day, but they are very inconsistent and sporadic. I also have to be laying pretty still and concentrating in order to feel them. Hang in there! It will come.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @nikkiandchris I at least had an anterior placenta at my NT scan (13 weeks) but I've been feeling the baby move for awhile now. 17,5 today. Other people can even feel the baby, so I'm wondering if my placenta actually moved since then or something. Either that or it's just not cushioning as much as it should. Or baby is kicking around it. But hang in there! It will come soon. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • 18w5d and still nothing yet.  I know it can take a while but I'm getting nervous.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Dovahkiin_99Dovahkiin_99 member
    edited February 2017
    @stokesm21
    I hear ya. I'm 18+2 and haven't felt anything yet. I've heard that it can take many more weeks to feel anything, especially if you're a FTM. It sucks, and I was feeling really nervous about it yesterday. My sister assured me that everything's ok, she didn't feel her lo until 21 weeks. 

Edit: words are hard
  • @stokesm21
    I hear ya. I'm 18+2 and haven't felt anything yet. I've heard that it can take many more weeks to feel anything, especially if you're a FTM. It sucks, and I was feeling really nervous about it yesterday. My sister assured me that everything's ok, she didn't feel her lo until 21 weeks. 
    This haha!  I literally just texted my sister too and she said 20-ish weeks with both so that made me feel better.  My Dr and I also highly suspect that I have an anterior placenta so that doesn't help matters. I just come on this thread and see so many FTM's who have already felt it and aren't as far along as me and I'm like, "Should I be concerned?!"  But in the end I usually ask my sis and in my mind whatever she says always trumps anything else even though everyone is different :P 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @MrsLa3 - Awww that's so sweet <3
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I am 17 weeks today and I have started noticing some "movements". I'm a FTM so I can't be sure if it's the baby or just rumblings (if that makes sense). They are lower and when I go in for u/s the doctor is in the same area that I feel these things. I feel like I get mixed responses when I read through posts so I don't know if it's to early to really feel anything or not.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @carol113 I've been feeling the same pains in my cervix! Now I have to wonder if that's baby... :blush:

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @carol113 I've gotten that every once in awhile too. Nothing too crazy yet, but he definitely goes and hangs out on my cervix every once in awhile. I also swear that he goes over and is literally laying on my bladder sometimes. I didn't have frequent urination in the beginning (water was actually the hardest thing for me to stomach with m/s). I was never seriously dehydrated, but I wasn't really drinking enough to make frequent bathrooming an option. Now every few days or so I just have to pee ALL THE TIME and then it goes away again. And I'm not changing how much I drink, so I think he's laying over there. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Oh yes, the lovely lightening crotch!! Just wait until they get bigger!  :D
  • Glad I'm not alone in this! Everything I could find searching was all about in the 3rd trimester so I thought it was too early for lightning crotch. Guess not! Funny how strong these little ones are already.
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited February 2017
    @carol113 I swear they're liars when they say "oh but this won't happen until this time". I had horrible RLP and stretching pain in he first tri. I've barely had anything now that I'm in the second tri. Morning sickness ending at 14 weeks is just a joke, and I already have to be careful about bending over my hip sideways and getting into the car. I squish the little bump. I've kind of taken to ignoring the "time frames" and just assuming that anything that can happen during pregnancy can happen anytime. 

Edit to add: Also, the only time I've had frequent urination in now in the second tri, when it's supposed to be "better". 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Well the only movement I'm feeling these days consistently is Braxton hicks. Why so early???!!!!! Well hydrated, no strenuous activity. So annoying. I try and pretend like I don't feel them but they're hard to ignore. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Well the only movement I'm feeling these days consistently is Braxton hicks. Why so early???!!!!! Well hydrated, no strenuous activity. So annoying. I try and pretend like I don't feel them but they're hard to ignore. 
    what do they feel like?
  • I've been nervous as well. I know it's only 16+3 but I remember feeling that slow fish with DD. Just now on the couch I felt something but I don't know. I'm getting a weird irrational fear that it's gone. It's probably because my coat wasn't as tight and I was like why am I thinner, am I not pregnant? What a jump to conclusions... I know! I sound crazy. I have an appointment on Wednesday, it will put my mind at rest. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Rae1 it's just the tightening and hardening of the uterus. No pain, no increase in intensity. I had them from about 26w on really consistently (like every 5 minutes for hours at a time) with DD but I was just hoping they wouldn't start so damn early. Must just have an irritable uterus. Later in pregnancy they're "false labor" or "practice contentions". 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @Rae1 it's just the tightening and hardening of the uterus. No pain, no increase in intensity. I had them from about 26w on really consistently (like every 5 minutes for hours at a time) with DD but I was just hoping they wouldn't start so damn early. Must just have an irritable uterus. Later in pregnancy they're "false labor" or "practice contentions". 
    Is it the whole uterus or can it just be parts of it? I have noticed hard spots in my uterus (usually at night) that comes and goes, and switches locations. I assumed it was her pushing on the front of my uterus in different spots but maybe not?
  • @Rae1 nope! The whole uterus! It's eventually what happens with real contractions just without the pain (thankfully). Some people don't get a single one their entire pregnancy. I texted my OB just to make sure I shouldn't panic because it was so early but she said if they're not getting worse and there's no blood to just let it ride. 
  • @dancegurl1118 I'm having them too, they started last week. I called my OB just to let him know I was having them. I figured it was from me being super active lately bc I don't think I ever had them until 3rd tri with my other two.
  • @Rae1 nope! The whole uterus! It's eventually what happens with real contractions just without the pain (thankfully). Some people don't get a single one their entire pregnancy. I texted my OB just to make sure I shouldn't panic because it was so early but she said if they're not getting worse and there's no blood to just let it ride. 
    well then I am just going to keep my hopeful assumption that it's her pushing on my uterus haha
  • Movements are getting stronger, which is exciting! However, I'm convinced this baby is trying to make me pee my pants at work. Tons of bladder kicks for the third day in a row, and always while I'm at work!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I haven't felt anything since 2/6, so I guess I just had a really good position on it!  Hoping to feel more soon!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kat0607 the movements I've been feeling have slowed down quite a bit so I keep re reading the book lol. Definitely says in all CAPS - DO NOT WORRY. ;) I am sure in a few weeks we will be getting kicked soooo much.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This kid has been super active since last night and hasn't let up very much. Still pretty low, but I've started feeling pokes and kicks up towards my belly button. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • LO was super active on Wednesday and Thursday but I haven't felt much of anything this weekend. 18+5 today, should I be concerned about lack of noticeable movement?