TTC After a Loss

TGIF 2/3/17

Happy Friday everyone!!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Who is watching the Super Bowl? And what's your favorite part of the Super Bowl - performers, commercials, snacks or the actual game?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Re: TGIF 2/3/17

• we will probably go out to eat tonight.  I'm going to go down with DH tomorrow to his studio so we can hang up all the decor I've bought so far for the music room.  Sunday we will go to yoga in the morning and then watch the superbowl.  My favorite part are the commercials and Lady GaGa - I'm just hoping she doesn't bring politics into it.  I will be very disappointed if she does.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our neighbors, and good friends, just returned from a semester abroad in Vietnam. They're coming over tomorrow for brunch. Mmm, waffles and mimosas. 

DD1 and I have a swim meet Sunday. It's the 10 and unders championship meet, so it'll take up the entire day. We'll be lucky to be home in time for kick off. We did invite a bunch of friends off and I just finished shopping for DH to be able to put out a BYO pizza bar. He's also going to also grill chicken wings. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2017
    @TScalei Love your weekend plans! Sushi sounds delicious... Yum!  We're hosting a few people on Sunday for the Super Bowl. Commercials are my favorite too! I hate when people (*cough* Men *cough*) talk during the commercials. I'm sad about the latest trend where advertisers "pre-release" their commercials online before the SuperBowl... takes away half the fun. Beyond that, I enjoy the food and the beer (I'll probably test one more time on Sunday just to make sure I can have a drink).

Other than that, I need to work most of the day on Saturday. My one project manager was like "don't work the weekend to finish this report, but I'm going to be out the last half of next week, so I need the report early in the week..." Lol... Those two statements are mutually exclusive... At least my office is quiet on the weekends, and I can play my music as loud as I want. 
  • @vlagrl29- i know I hope politics stays out of the Super Bowl - I think we get enough everywhere else!

@BelhurstBride - yum your brunch sounds delicious!

@Riversong15 - I agree I hate it when men talk during commercials and I don't like the pre release of commercials since I like to be surprised during the game. Im sorry you have to work this weekend but hopefully you will get a lot done!
  • We're having a few people over to play some board games and then watch the Superbowl.  I used to love the commercials, but as @RiverSong15 said the fact that most of them are pre-released and people (Men) talking over them is annoying.  I also like the food.  

DH is working some over the weekend, so I'm hoping to do some sewing this weekend.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• We are having friends over for dinner tonight.  Painting bathroom vanity tomorrow...getting ready for bathroom project.  We just hired contractor to do the work!   We also have some shopping to do.  Sunday going to friends for super bowl party. Best part for me is chatting with the ladies.  Lol. I'm not much into football but DH is so I go.   I usually just eat and then leave to get DS home for bed.  
  • @TScalei  That sushi sounds amazing.  Since there is no BFP yet, I feel like I have been eating the things that would be on the no no list once that happens.  House hunting is so exciting and stressful

@vlagrl29  Politics are everywhere.  My FB is all about politics and preg announcements and babies

We are going to see a medium again tonight.  Maybe grab some chinese food after.  Tomorrow I have to celebrate Chinese new year with my family.  Honestly, very stressful eating with my family.  

Sunday for the super bowl I have a sneaky suspicion that DH will be forced to work a double.  I"m honestly not huge on football and I'm from Boston.  I did buy a ton of avocados from Trader Joes to make guac though.  Love that stuff.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @Mack2342, we're getting ready to start a bathroom remodel as well. And for the first time ever, we also hired a contractor to do most of the work. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SP128 - that was my mindset as well and I am hoping its my last sushi date for a while. Hope dinner with your family is not too stressful. Love guac - so yummy!
  • @BelhurstBride it's exciting.   DH was going to do demo work but decided he didn't really want or have time for it.  The only thing we are keeping is the vanity but I'm painting it and getting new counter.   We are probably going to finish the other half of our basement too.  When we bought house half of basement was completely finished. So it only slightly more to add that project as we have a lot of the material.  
  • Working all next weekend out of state so soaking up being at home. Still having back issues but can run about 3 miles now, will try for 4 tomorrow. DH wants to make ribs and we'll just watch the game at home. I mostly watch it for the commercials, but since I lived in Atlanta for 8 years, excited to actually see the game this time!! Rise Up Falcons!  :):):)

@vlagrl29 no kidding! FB is just a soapbox lately for my extreme-leaning friends on both sides. I would delete it if it wasn't how I keep up with my nieces and nephew in Texas....
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • for real @amberruka - I've actually lurked a little bit and you can still see it so most of my time is going to be on IG right now.
  • @Tscalei Buying a house can be stressful, but looking is so much fun!!! We are going to put my house on the market in the next year or two. I'm gonna be so picky on the second go-round!
    @vlagrl29 It's so cool that you do yoga together. My ex laughed at it until he tried it in P90x and found it really difficult. I did some in college and it was so relaxing. I need to get back into it.
    @Mack2342 The before and after reno pics are always neat. I hope for no surprises for you! Can't wait to do our kitchen and bathroom.

We are going into the city tomorrow and to a friend's Sunday for Super Bowl.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @TScalei How fun!  Are you looking for a specific style or just going with what feels good when you walk in?

@vlagrl29 So I tried yoga for the first time with an actual instructor and it just wasn't for me.  I cannot take all of the thinking and waiting time.  I guess I am just always on the go.  I think I am going to try pilates infused yoga.  Have you ever done that kind?

@RiverSong15 Straight out of office space!  Sheesh. We don't have cable so no Superbowl for us.  I hate sports anyhow.

@dpjennifer I just did a sewing project with my third grade class.  They loved it, even the boys!  I am a novice but really enjoy it because it's instant gratification.

@SP128 I so need to see a medium.  I wouldn't even know how to go about  finding one.  I am very interested.

@amberruka I have kicked my exercise to high gear but haven't gotten the running back up yet.  In December I slipped on the ice and really hurt my knee.  I just recently lost a little over 10lbs so I am hoping that will help me get back into running dropping the extra weight.  I am good on the treadmill but haven't gone back to actual running.  Do you find training on a treadmill is counter productive?  Would I be better off just actually running and building the distance back up?  I was at 18 miles at my peak.  Now I am good if I can get 6.  

@NYTino24 Have fun in the city.  Love the energy.

AFM
    Well, yah I am a boring old lady and plan on doing a weight lifting class tomorrow and a kickboxing class on Sunday.  If I can't be fat and pregnant I will be slim and muscular (long way to go).  And I might go see the next Ring movie.  Love horror movies!

Have a great weekend y'all!
  • @SP128 as a fellow Bostonian, I too am not a sports fan haha! We are closing Sunday for the 'pats' but we just need an extra day off really haha 
  • Just got home from my sister's house, celebrating my nephew's birthday, man these kids grow fast!

No plans for tomorrow, but I do have a ton of new fabric and about one million projects pinned on pinterest, so we'll see what happens  :D

Super Bowl will be at my sister's house, BIL is bbq-ing carne asada, yum yum! I hate football, I just go for the food!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend!!
  • @justsuzie as a 75% introvert and 25% extrovert, I get overwhelmed by the city and only go like 2 times a year. 
    @SoontobeMommaHowe I think that's awesome, especially because you get to use it often... love, a Giants fan.  :D
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • All your food plans are making me hungry!! We are still deciding on what to eat for super bowl, we are going to a friend's house and I can't wait! Go falcons because damn I am sick of the patriots :lol: I also love the commercials and I'm excited for lady Gaga! I do enjoy the football part too.

lots of sports this weekend for us, going to a San Jose Sharks (hockey) game tonight! 

Enjoy your weekends with super bowl, family, and house hunting/renovations/painting...lots of projects for you guys :love:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @Uhlease13 I am so happy for you that you can't drink during SuperBowl!!! I'm a Giants fan, so I always root against the Pats!

• @justsuzie - there are many different forms of yoga.  you might like the faster paced asthanga. For me when I practice yoga it keeps me very focused and you have to also focus on the breath.  Did you try it in a gym?  I think the yoga studios are the way to go so you get the full experience.  Sometimes you just have to find the fitness that you are really into.  I went to the gym for 2 years before I found yoga and I tried cardio/weights, pilaties, pole and other cardio type classes.  For me yoga connects my body/mind/spirit which is what I'm looking for.

I have done PIYO before although just a couple times.  You might like that better.
  • @justsuzie congrats on the weight loss! I don't think using a treadmill is counter-productive, I had to do all my midweek runs on a treadmill training for my first marathon. I'll use one at Planet Fitness occasionally since it's the only time I listen to music while running. I've heard on a treadmill it's more realistic to run at an incline of 0.5 or so, I'll flip back and forth from this to 0 usually.  :)

@SoonToBeMommaHowe No worries! Love the snack stadium!

@NYTino24 I was raised a Giants/Mets fan too (from upstate NY), just adopted the Falcons since I miss Atlanta where I spent my yuppie years  ;). My brother always has my 2 nieces and nephew decked out in Giants/Mets apparel, which I think is really going to confuse them as they get older since they live in San Antonio, ha ha. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Haha @amberruka poor kids, they just can't count on a win! I am a Yankee fan and DH is a Mets fan. He's always having heart attacks between the Giants and Mets.

• @justsuzie I agree with @vlagrl29  You might like Piyo better.  I used to do to a studio that had it and it was great.  I think I tried yoga once and it was too slow and I feel like I don't have the patience for it.  Not all Piyo instructors are created equal though.  I tried another PiYo instructor at another studio and didn't like it.  

Speaking of treadmills.  I have been looking at buying one for my house.  I can't get over the price tag!!!  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• SP128SP128 member
    edited February 2017
    Wtf? Being lazy and lounging in bed and noticed something stuck to my prenatal bottle. It's mold!!! Some of the pills have a little mold on them. I take them first thing in the morning in the dark !! So gross 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @justsuzie - just going with what we feel like when we walk in regards to houses. I do love older houses w character though. You are doing great with all your working out - good for you! I used to take hip hop yoga which was so fun and fast paced.

@pumpkin0913 - GL with all of your projects, you will have to share pictures of what you do!

@soontobemommahowe - that stadium is awesome! Even though I'm from Buffalo and we are not big Patriots fans around here. Lol

@SP128 - oh no time to get some new pre natals!
  • @SP128 eek! Time for some new ones!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006

• Aahh @SP128 that's horrible! 
  • Well..... maybe I need a little mold to make this my cycle :wink:
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128  Lol, forget the pineapple! Mold is where it's at!  ;)
  • Ewwww @sp128!! Hoping a little mold is just what you need, lol
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoontobeMamaHowe I'm not a hater, just jealous you can count on them to win. Also, I think Tom Brady is hot. My sister named her son Brady!

• Ditto-not a hater-just jealous haha. The bellicheck/Brady combo is pretty much a dynasty. Once they're both gone, it's over for the patriots, but they've have a solid 15+ years on top so I think...they're good. Lol. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006

• I can honestly say I feel emotionally drained/exhausted after last night. What an epic comeback!!! But I agree with @Uhlease13 when Brady and Bellicheck leave, which my guess is they'll go together, it's gonna get rough :neutral:
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Congrats on a Pats win @soontobemommahowe - what a great game! I can't imagine how anxiety ridden that would have been for you though.
  • ..wait, last night was the Superbowl?  lol
  • Lady GaGa was awesome - main reason why I watched it