June 2016 Moms

Super Bowl

What is everybody doing for the super bowl this year, and who are you rooting for? We are Broncos fans here and therefore hate the Patriots so we will be cheering on the Falcons. Our neighbors just invited us over, which will be fun. I have to admit I'm terrible about getting to know my neighbors so this is a good way to do it.

Re: Super Bowl

• I haven't watched a single game this year. I usually follow a little bit, but honestly I don't really care who wins. We have some friends who invited us over, but I think maybe just dh will go. Their party doesn't start till 6:30, and the kids go to by between 7-7:30. Since it's a school night I'm not sure I want to keep all theee of them out that late. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Team Falcons over here!  We are gonna stay in, make popcorn and hang out since the game is so late.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're Pats fans (15 years and counting!) and Damien and I will be watching it with my parents. My Mom and I are making chili with cornbread, plus some finger foods. Damien will miss most of the game due to bedtime. My parents are rooting for the Falcons so they bought Damien a Falcons onesie. I bought him a Pats one so he'll wear both.
  • We're (admittedly jealous) pats haters so we'll be rooting for the falcons. We're going to our friends' house but I think LO and I will leave at halftime. It's late for both of us, with her bedtime and me having to work Monday...
  • We have no real plans, and I haven't watched a minute of football all year, but we did order chicken wings for the game so we'll at least be a little bit in the spirit!
  • Damien lasted until 8pm and then went to bed.

• That was a crazy game.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • My husband watched the game at a friend's place but left towards the end of the 4th when the score was still 20-28. He thought it was game over. He saw my text saying the Pats won once he got home and called thinking I was messing with him. I explain how they tied and went into OT, then won and he completely lost it. He can't believe he missed all of it haha. I couldn't help but laugh. He's a huge Pats fan so he's very pleased but so angry that he missed it.
  • Yeah it was crazy!