Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleeping through the night

My 1 yr old still isn't sleeping through the night. She's actually never slept through the night, and I'm exhausted. I've gone back to work and she's been waking up 4/5 times through the night recently. She still comfort nurses through night. I've tried to quit night nursing cold turkey but she just screames to the point of hyperventilating. Idk what else to do

Re: Sleeping through the night

• Options
    I don't have any advise, just another mom that feels your pain. My 11 month son has never slept through the night and I'm trying to figure out how to stop night/comfort nursing without waking up the whole house with his protests.
  • Options
    Can you cut down on te number of times your nurse at night? Or slowly limit the time you allow LO to nurse each time?

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smileybabyboysmileybabyboy member
    edited February 2017
    My 12 month old doesn't sleep through the night. She doesn't nurse anymore and she doesn't even get bottles in the middle of the night. I think teething is the culprit, but I feel your pain.
  • Options
    Girl, I feel you. My LO is only 10 months but I am in the same boat. She's never slept through the night either, and I'm pooped. I feel like I've read and tried everything, so I don't really have much advice. Does she sleep some nights better than others? If so, my only advice would be to track what happened that day - activity level, feedings, naps, what she wore to bed, etc., and see if you can find any patterns. Maybe that will help move you in the right direction? 
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one struggling I'm in the exact same boat 4-5 nursing sessions in the night has never slept consistent 5+hrs. I'm starting to lose my mind. My son will be a year old on the 19th someone advised me to rock baby while nursing and take away the nipple until baby starts to fuss give the nipple back for 30seconds then repeat until calm and falls asleep without nursing. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    I’m glad I’m not the only one here, my son is gonna be 9 months and he still wakes up between 3-5 times a night for night feedings/comfort feeding. I also work 5 days a week and I work st 5am so I’m usually exhausted everyday. Lol so I threw sleep out the window. Your not alone mommas. One day I hope to be able to get sleep:
  • Options
    I'm with you all! My 10 MO has never slept through the night and was comfort nursing 3-5 times until about 8 months. I worked her down to only nursing 2x per night now but it was hard and definitely needed her daddy's help. We would alternate who got up with her and I refused to feed her until at least 3 hours went by. It was tiring for both of us and took nearly 2 weeks but now she can generally go 4-5 hours without waking. I'm hoping to cut back more but am worried about my milk supply. Any other experience would be appreciated!