January 2017 Moms

Take Home Bilibed

Kimberlyh90Kimberlyh90 member
edited January 2017 in January 2017 Moms
Today we went to the pediatrician for our first check up and a follow up billirubin test. Baby Amelia's levels were at 17 something and they decided to have us put her on a bilibed over night. Has anyone had experience with these things? So far I have broken down 3 times just bawling. She is supposed to stay in the bed unless feeding or changing her diaper. She hates it and just fusses. It is really about to be a looooooooong night. Also, since she has been on it, she has pooped 3 times! So I guess it's working, it just tears me up to see her on this thing :(

Re: Take Home Bilibed

• My last child had to be on th bili lights at home and thankfully after 24 hours didn't need it anymore. It will be hard on you but over pretty quickly. It's a great sign that she's pooping. Best of luck to you 
  • My mom had to have me in one almost 30 years ago they have come along way. Hang in there mom! Baby will be fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • *Lurking from December 2016*

My LO was on it for 2 1/2 days in the NICU. She loved how warm and cozy it made her which helped me to not feel as awful about not being able to cuddle her.  Our nurses actually swaddled her in the blanket with another blanket outside to hold it all together around her which may be something for you to try?

There was no blanket available for us to take home so she had to stay in hospital (which was tough). 

That your LO has pooped 3 times already is amazing! Her little body is working hard and doing a great job.

One thing I was surprised with was Dr's decided to take her off the blanket even though her billi count was still going up. It was totally safe and normal, but freaked me out! Her count peaked on Day 4 at which point it was decided she didn't need her levels checked any longer.

We closely monitored her fluid intake (which meant pumping instead of breastfeeding) and supplemented with formula when necessary to make sure she was getting enough (roughly 45 ml every 3 hours) so that she could have lots of poops!

Now 6 weeks on she is doing great and no issues with billi levels since!

The billi blanket will be over before you know it!

Also, she is adorable! And I love her name!

• I had experienced this with my oldest daughter who is now 2 and a half.  We had the bili bed at home over 4 days and my daughter absolutely hated to lay flat in the bed. Eventually I decided to try breast feeding her while she lay in the bed and that was the only thing that finally worked for us. Not an easy task but I put the bili bed on my lap as I sat in a wooden kitchen chair and kind of leaned over the top. This was in July so it was super hot too.  I had a fan on me but remember how hot I got. Good news is it's only for a short while. Best of luck!
  • Wish I had checked in sooner since giving birth. We were in the Billi bed for almost a week and a half at the hospital it was SO hard not getting to hold L, but I guess I was lucky that I at least got to snuggle during feeds. How is your LO going now?
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012