TTC after 35

TWW: Jan 30 - Feb 5

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Jan 30 - Feb 5

• It's 6DPO for me. I had my first IUI with Femara and used frozen sperm sample since my husband couldn't make it the day of the IUI. Thank God we had a back up plan for him to drop it off the day before just in case that ended up being the day of the IUI! RE said I have an estimated 17% chance of medicated IUI working after 6 cycles so my hopes aren't too high. I'll get my progesterone checked cd21, and then do HPT on 2/7. Plan is to do one more IUI if needed in February but to simultaneously get all my IVF baseline testing and IVF class done also in February to save time should we need to do IVF while we have it insured, as we will lose coverage on that plan after May. Because we have no idea if a future plan would have a nice lifetime fertility treatment cap like our current insurance does, it makes sense for us to jump to IVF while we can afford to. RE said the formula is a 6 to 3 to 1 ratio, meaning that a woman's chance of getting pregnant with 6 IUI rounds = her chance of getting pregnant with 3 rounds IUI+trigger= her chances of getting pregnant with 1 round of IVF.
  • I guess I'll put myself here. AF should start within the week. I've been more bloated the last few days. Looking forward to finally getting my progesterone tested new month. GL @Momifbysea
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you "put yourself here" @vlagrl29! ;) You know I'm hoping for you!!!
  • *lurking
    Good luck ladies! I've got everything crossed, cheering you all on!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited January 2017
    thanks @Momifbysea - I go days even a week totally fine and confident and then the littlest thing throws me back to tears.  The last couple nights I've had dreams related to TTC or kids.  Last nights being very lonely but made me realize I would do anything to have another kid even if that meant adoption.  I don't want regrets.  I actually think impending PMS is making me more emotional the last few days damn it!
  • I'm glad we all align up with each other regarding TWW
  • 10DPO here and OMG the wait IS REAL! Haha, now that I know we've had high quality O I am going nuts. No symptoms other than random twinges, but I've convinced myself those are likely residual cysts from the clomid that will keep us from another clomid round next cycle (if this one is a bust). I know my symptoms before were likely due to the low progesterone and that I will likely have a longer LP, so now I have to decide when to POAS. Really wanting to test tomorrow, but so scared of a BFN. Clinic told me not to test until Friday....yeah right. Haha
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have 3 huge zits on the left side of my face. I never breakout this much with AF. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. 
  • I have the tiniest bit of spotting today so I think that means AF is on her way.  I haven't had a real period since early December.  CP was first week of Jan so this would be right on track.  Glad my cycles didn't get messed up too much.
  • @vlagrl29 boo for AF but good that your cycle is normal at least! I love your positive outlook!
  • Just back from getting my progesterone blood work. It's a week after my IUI but day 19 versus 21, so I'm hoping timing was right. And hoping it's a good number with the Femara. I never had a baseline check so don't know what I naturally would have for my level.
  • Well I wasn't expecting to conceive this month and honestly needed a month break. We probably had sex twice a week. I know I've said it before but I'm so excited to finally have my progesterone tested this next cycle. All of our other fertility tests came back great.
  • any updates @Momifbysea @PoeMasque ?  I had 2 very light days of spotting and then it stopped so I'm not sure what's going on.  I hope the CP didn't mess up my cycles!
  • @vlagrl29 I had a couple days of spotting then it stopped with DD. You never know!

AFM, nothing yet. But I don't test until 2/7 so I have to keep distracting myself. It feels like I had that IUI forever ago!
  • @Momifbysea- I just can't allow myself to think about that.  I do have very slight cramping today which reminding me of when I found out I was pregnant in December.  I had cramps and my boobs were full and sore.  Kinda makes me sad to think we were so hopeful back then.  If AF hasnt come by Monday then I will test.  Who knows maybe I'll need my cycle  jump started.  PMS symptoms are there with the breakouts and bloating.
  • My progesterone came in at 24 this month. RE said anything 10 or higher is good!
  • yea!! @Momifbysea - I've heard the same thing about anything 10 or higher.  Mine was at a 9.5 when I had my 2nd HCG count when I was supposedly 4 weeks pregnant in Dec but that was not a normal cycle for me so it really wasn't an accurate reading.

my AF came for real this morning.  So different than previous months.  I use to spot for 5 days with each day getting heavier.  I only had maybe 3 days of very light spotting and bam it came this morning as I was talking to DH.  Funny how I felt like I was in HS again when I need to go to the bathroom and get a tampon lol.  Oddly I'm so excited because now I can finally get an accurate Progesterone count later this month and if need be start suppositories since the 1 P pill I took in December I was allergic to.
  • @Momifbysea - are you taking anything for progesterone or only the Clomid stuff?
  • @vlagrl29 I haven't taken Clomid ever. This was my first medicated cycle and I took Femara, but nothing for progesterone. I have no idea what my baseline was without Femara? Or if that would have impacted it?
  • @Momifbysea- I think Femara and Clomid are pretty much the same thing.  I'm going to be so happy to know my baseline!
  • @vlagrl29 I'm glad you can get a good baseline count!
  • Hey ladies, after a day of spotting and cramping AF came in full force this morning. We decided to move right to IVF so that we have younger eggs to use down the road. I got my IVF calendar today and wow......overwhelming. I start BCP/baby aspirin Sunday, go for a baseline US and bloodwork Monday morning, and will do egg retrieval March 17 with transfer the 23rd. Really hoping we don't have any hang ups, but I'm trying to remind myself that they can happen, so keeping my expectations low.....but already failing miserably! Haha
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sounds like a good plan @PoeMasque - I'm sure it can be overwhelming taking it all in.  Looking forward to hearing about your IVF journey.
  • hey all- I am just joining this group and by reading through this have already learned so much!  I think this is the right place to be!  I'm 9 DPO right now and trying really hard to wait until Wednesday to POAS, but the wait is HARD.  I am just really tired of seeing negative tests.  This cycle we had a very clear and obvious ovulation and did all we needed to do. I can't say I'm having any symptoms out of the ordinary. The past few days I've been ultra moody, but that's pretty normal for me right after ovulation. 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @brigidjerrell yes, I hear you on the hard time waiting and being sick of seeing negative tests! I keep telling myself that it only takes ONE! I test Tuesday morning. I had a three day weekend but it has gone by so slowly with my DD and DH with stomach virus that it's made it all the more miserable. It doesn't help that DH is just lounging around while I'm doing everything. I feel sometimes like when the woman's sick we STILL have to do everything, sorry just venting. Either this is PMS or maybe I'll finally get that BFP, who knows? I had a little spotting yesterday but nothing so far today so of course I'm doing my normal routine of hoping it was implantation bleeding. :)
  • I hope it is IB @Momifbysea - my AF is pretty much the same as before the CP so I feel good knowing I'm back to my normal schedule.  I had way less spotting though so I'm hoping that continues to be a pattern moving forward.
  • @vlagrl29 I hope so too for you on less days of spotting. It's good your body is back to normal too.