June 2016 Moms

Daily Activities

I'm starting to feel like all of our toys and activities are getting stale. We jumperoo, read books, sit and play with toys, take 2 walks a day, etc... yet I still find myself thinking "now what" a lot. How do you guys keep yourself and your LOs from getting bored? What are your favorite activities?

Re: Daily Activities

• Jackie is very mobile, so we end up doing a lot of independent play. She ends up playing with a lot of stuff I would never have imagined would be interesting, like laundry baskets, kitchen towels, dryer balls, and the fringe on the rug. We also are going to start going to story time at the library with some friends once a week. I realized at a baby wearing class that Jackie isn't getting much social time and when she does get it she's a bit overwhelmed and doesn't really play. Check out what your local library offers. Ours has a handful of classes and playgroups.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • LOL i find myself feeling the same way during the weekends. My LO is in daycare so I don't know how they keep him entertained because he doesn't nap much over there. Then again, the weekends are for going over to my Mom's house or my in-laws or my hubby's family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, totally been there quite often. I usually end up pulling scarves out of my closet and playing with those with him. He loves it and loves the different fabrics. I'm also not opposed to bath time for just fun. We play for about 15mins so it doesn't take up a lot of time though. I do a lot of extra tummy time too, to fill in the time. I realized his greatest motivation to try to crawl (still can't) is our dog, so usually I play with her while he is on his tummy watching. Fingerpainting is a go-to as well, we don't do it too often so it's still a fun new activity for him...plus he usually needs a bath afterwards. If it were warm outside, I would have more options but Winter here sucks so we stay indoors. 
  • I feel the same way most days.  I'm trying to focus on sleep training right now and schedules so it's keeping me busy watching the clock but that doesn't fill play time.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Baby song time at the library is fun 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We do to a play and learn class at Gymboree twice a week and open gym once a week. The class is good for socializing and helping them meet milestones. We also got a membership to the local Children's Museum for Christmas and we go once a week.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• My daughter usually wakes up about 9 and then enjoys breakfast, jump time and cartoons. By about 10:30 she's ready for a short nap. Wakes up by 11:30. Then we play on the floor and have lunch. We have her toy room set up already so she loves to sit in there and play with the toys I put in front of her. Then by 2 she's ready for her long nap. Usually up by 5. We eat supper, play and then watch her favorite tv show. Wheel of fortune LOL. Bath, pj's bottle and bed by 8. Nana got us a membership to the Y and swim time for 8 weeks for Valentine's Day so we will be adding that into our schedule in March. We get out of the house as much as possible also. Nice days we swing at the park or walk around the mall, visit grandparents. 
  • Lillyana is getting really bored during the daytime.  We have so many toys but it only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes and then she's bored again.  It's so cold, we don't go out very much.  We got a membership to the Y and we went on Thursday.  It was SO hard with naps, she didn't sleep all day and was so fussy.  I can't figure out when a good time to go is that won't completely screw the day up.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I run all my errands immediately after Jackie's first nap. If we don't make it out of the house then, we don't go. Usually that gives me 3 hours if I stretch it. I also thought about starting to rotate her toys between her room and the living room. She seems like she gets tired of the living room ones, but is always fascinated by the ones in her bedroom even though there's some similar toys.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    I run all my errands immediately after Jackie's first nap. If we don't make it out of the house then, we don't go. Usually that gives me 3 hours if I stretch it. I also thought about starting to rotate her toys between her room and the living room. She seems like she gets tired of the living room ones, but is always fascinated by the ones in her bedroom even though there's some similar toys.
    That's the best errand window for us too. If we miss it, then we don't go. We spend his 1st wake time playing with quiet toys in the nursery. The 2nd awake time is split between the nursery, living room and our bedroom. After that he is usually up until bedtime so we spend it in the living room or our bedroom. I try not to do playtime in the nursery during the last awake period since I want him to start thinking nursery = sleep in the evenings.
  • We are up around 7 and hang out of the couch watching Micky Mouse till either he gets ansty (then we go in the play pen) or until 8 which is when I whip up breakfast.  Then we do the playpen until nap 1. After the nap we do errands if I have to or we split time between playpen, toy room or I let him crawl around the house. After nap 2 we chill and watch out the window at cats and wait for DH then it's Dhs playtime so they do whatever until it's time for dinner and getting ready for bed.
  • I'm glad to hear other people watch a little tv too. That is a huge source of mom guilt for me.