February 2016 Moms
Options

Baby Blowouts!

Anyone else dealing with diaper blowouts a few times per day and going through clothes like crazy!?!?

I have been feeding my son the Gerber purées for dinner- the meat ones (chicken and rice, turkey and rice, etc.) perhaps I should back off of those?? 

Re: Baby Blowouts!

• Options
    We have not had a blowout for a while now. I think because his poop is more solid now and less prone to leak out of the sides. In fact we have to be careful with banana because it's constipated him before.

Maybe your little dude could use more banana? Or more fiber?
  • Options
    We had one the other week, when she went in the high chair! Think that squashed it out! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited November 2016
    We haven't had any since her poop got more solid either. Maybe one of the foods is upsetting his tummy?
  • Options
    We haven't had any blowouts here either. Lol in fact his poop looks about like the consistency of his pureed baby foods that I make. I agree with op, maybe tummy sensitivity. 
  • Options
    What color are the poops? I would agree that maybe it's a little bit of a GI issue. We have the opposite problem. DD only poops every 2-3 days and we battle constipation issues off and on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    When he eats the orange Gerber purées, the next day his poop usually smells and is the color of what he ate the night prior. I held off on the "meat" purées and have stated giving him bananas and cereal to see if that helps bind him up a little bit. 
  • Options
    If there are blowouts, it usually is more contained if you go up a size in diapers.