Baby Names

Girl Middle Names for Eliette

Hi everyone! We've decided on the name Eliette for a baby girl but are having the hardest time with a middle name! We'd like something more feminine, since Eliette is unisex. Any suggestions would be so appreciated! :smiley:

Re: Girl Middle Names for Eliette

• Is this supposed to be pronounced the same way as Elliot?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Are you looking for something older/more traditional or newer/more trendy?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you pronounce Eliette?
  • Is Eliette supposed to be pronounces like Elliot? If so, I much prefer the spelling Elliot. Eliette looks like an accidental misspelling. 

Elliot Rose
    Elliot Elise
    Elliot Mae
    Elliot Paige
    Elliot Isabelle
    Elliot Corrine

• bbiutmcph said:
    If your going to use a male name own the spelling. Otherwise your daughter not only has to deal with "oh your female" but also oh it's actually also spelled....
    Agree- At first I read it like Ellie- ette almost as if it was a French name I hadn't heard of, with the emphasis on the last syllable like Vivienne 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Yeah. Own the spelling, Elliot presents a lot better than Elliette, and leaves no pronunciation issues.
  • bbiutmcph said:
    If your going to use a male name own the spelling. Otherwise your daughter not only has to deal with "oh your female" but also oh it's actually also spelled....
    Agree- At first I read it like Ellie- ette almost as if it was a French name I hadn't heard of, with the emphasis on the last syllable like Vivienne 
    That is how I read it and would have pronounced it. Not like Elliot. 
  • bbiutmcph said:
    100% this.

Also, I can't do Elliot on a girl.  Is there a reason you're choosing such a masculine name for a girl?
  • I like the name Eliette! 

How about Jane, Marie, Joy, Mae, Kae, Violet?
  • Elliette is not unisex at all. "ette" is purely feminine. I'd go with a one syllable, simple, feminine classic like Jane or Anne.
  • I have looked at this stream a couple of times now, and I say Eli (the boys name)-ette every time....as if you are naming a girl after a male relative Eli. I cant be the only one the reads it this way. Don't do this to your daughter. I bet that in a couple of years, you would regret it.
  • Maybe Rue, Nicole, or Jade? I know those are really random, but those are what immediately came to me, lol.
  • Elliott Renee, nn Ellie. But I really dislike like that first name for a girl.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I am all about the unisex names for girls...I even know an adult girl named Elliotte (that's her sp) she usually goes by Elle. If you love the name and sp, than run with it. For middle more feminine names, maybe Jane,  Mae, Quinn, Rose, cate... 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I do not understand the 1st name.

• I guess OP isn't coming back...
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20