1st Trimester

Please Input :-(

So I took a test on Christmas and it was a vvfl, couldn't catch it on camera but it was there and everyone saw it, took a test the next day and it looked the same. Bought a new test the day after of the same type of test but different brand and it was darker! I could catch it on camera and was so excited. Well Today I bought 2 different brands and on the wal mart cheapie it was there but vvfl again, and on the equate it was pretty blank maybe a line with pregnancy test acrobats. I am now like 4 days late on my period, no sing of it coming. The only "symptom" I have is nausea after eating sweets. I am a little freaked out and plan on taking a digital in a few hours. I am doing a hold now. I am so sad right now. Is this a thing, I would have thought chemical but I have no sign of a period. My cervix is closed and I have not even a tiny drop of brown blood. I also have increased CM. Does it sound like it is just a shy baby? I can't call the doctor, we got hit with a snow storm so they are closed today :-/ and I just want to cry. Someone please share your experience with a shy baby or a chemical or anything. I need a conclusion. Most of the stuff I read online says something along the lines of " I got a positive test, then a negative 4 days later and now I have started spotting the day of the negative test." I also want to add that I used my water cup that I was drinking out of the last couple days at work because it was the only disposable cup I had. Could that have an effect too since it wasn't "clean". Also I peed directly onto the positive tests. I am so confused and heart broken. We have been trying since the end of July Beginning of August and I haven't had any real lines until this. Not even evaps on store test.

Re: Please Input :-(

• Test when you first wake up in the morning when your hormone levels are highest. 
    Different brands have different sensitivities so it's common for one to show positive first.
    Fingers crossed for you! 
  • Thank you, hopefully it was just a bad test or something :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • The strength of the line has to do with the amount of dye in the test, not your hormones. If it makes you feel better, go for a digital and like PP said take the test first thing in the morning. You're unlikely to have symptoms immediately and may not get them much at all.

Also, just FYI: it's against the rules to ask if you're pregnant and posting pictures of pee tests is against the rules so don't do that. Congrats!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • So I took a test on Christmas and it was a vvfl, couldn't catch it on camera but it was there and everyone saw it, took a test the next day and it looked the same. Bought a new test the day after of the same type of test but different brand and it was darker! I could catch it on camera and was so excited. Well Today I bought 2 different brands and on the wal mart cheapie it was there but vvfl again, and on the equate it was pretty blank maybe a line with pregnancy test acrobats. I am now like 4 days late on my period, no sing of it coming. The only "symptom" I have is nausea after eating sweets. I am a little freaked out and plan on taking a digital in a few hours. I am doing a hold now. I am so sad right now. Is this a thing, I would have thought chemical but I have no sign of a period. My cervix is closed and I have not even a tiny drop of brown blood. I also have increased CM. Does it sound like it is just a shy baby? I can't call the doctor, we got hit with a snow storm so they are closed today :-/ and I just want to cry. Someone please share your experience with a shy baby or a chemical or anything. I need a conclusion. Most of the stuff I read online says something along the lines of " I got a positive test, then a negative 4 days later and now I have started spotting the day of the negative test." I also want to add that I used my water cup that I was drinking out of the last couple days at work because it was the only disposable cup I had. Could that have an effect too since it wasn't "clean". Also I peed directly onto the positive tests. I am so confused and heart broken. We have been trying since the end of July Beginning of August and I haven't had any real lines until this. Not even evaps on store test.

Unfortunately, we can't give you a conclusion. Test in the morning, and if it's positive, reach out to your doctor. If it's negative, wait a week and test again. If you don't get your period for 60 days, call your doctor of a workup. Good luck.
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @PrincessCMommaof?
    Were you able to schedule an appointment? 
    You said your period is only 4 days late..so you were probably very early on in pregnancy when you tested, hence the faint line. Also, don't worry about the lack of symptoms..many women don't have symptoms till 6+ weeks or sometimes even way later. You probably got a negative due to test sensitivity or the hcg in your urine being too diluted. If you got that many positives, I wouldn't be too worried. Just schedule an appointment with a clinic and make sure you've held your urine for a few hours. A lot of clinics do free pregnancy testing too..call around. Good luck.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Definitely use FMU. Line progression doesn't tell yiu how pregnant you are. Lots of factors can change line color. Urine could be more diluted, amount of dye in tests.... I had a bunch of internet cheapies and i was curious, so i used the same urine to test with 2 differnet strips from the same pack at the same time. 1 was significantly darker. If youre still having doubts, call your doc and get your blood drawn.
  • So what happened?
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• It was a chemical for anyone who ever comes across this...
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"