August 2017 Moms

STM Check-In 1/3

Figured I get this going...

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having?

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: STM Check-In 1/3

• How far along are you? 14 weeks, 1 day

What symptoms are you having? Heartburn, gas, and burping (all so much fun!)

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Pretty similar now except the heartburn wasn't there with the last one. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? These last couple weeks have been a money pit. Furnace repair, new washing machine, and now our dog is limping and we'll have a Vet bill. But in good news, selling one of our refrigerators tonight!

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO?
    I just want some cupcakes from a place a block from where DH works. He already knows this and is planning to get them for me. I'll make him one of his favorite meals. We don't go big on Valentine's Day. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 12w5d

What symptoms are you having? I'm still beyond tired all the time. Everything else is coming and going randomly.

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Very similar still. More nausea all around so far but aside from that almost exactly the same.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm in such a bad mood. Tiny things are just getting on my nerves like crazy. Stuff that I wouldn't even care about normally has me losing my temper.

Umm anything is fine he usually forgets things so I get "oh shit I'm sorry" for everything but Christmas.
    DH will get a small gift bag with jerkey and things like that in it. He doesn't really like sweets so I grab man snacks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

What symptoms are you having? Headaches, stomach issues, aversions to a lot of food/drinks, occasional nausea

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Headaches are the same as previously

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH will be gone ALL DAY tomorrow and pretty much every Saturday until early March. He coaches high school wrestling. It's so much easier when he is here.

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO? I don't really know. I was thinking of doing something cute for the kids for dinner/dessert for Valentine's Day. We are also going to tell the kids I'm pregnant that day because I have my NT scan that AM. As far as DH...no clue. I don't really want to do presents but chocolate would be nice.
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• How far along are you?
    10+4

Just feel hungover All. The. Time. No puking. Just constant nauseous feeling. It's pretty great. 

my first was super easy. I loved every part of that pregnancy. This one I am more tired and feel he aforementioned constant hangover. Now since we have DS (17mos) I get no time to rest before or after work until he is in bed. So thankful for DH and all his help. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I am really starting to freak out about how things are going to change with a second child. My NT scan and cell free DNA tests are 2/13 so it still isn't 100% real for me yet and we haven't told anyone. Shits about to get real. I'm so dreading all of our schedules changing and losing the peace we have at home now that DS is all dialed in. He was a shit sleeper and didn't sleep thru the night until 10mos and I keep thinking omg, What did I do? Can I not sleep for another 10 mos? And BFing and pumping all the time at work. And stressing about my supply. And still being able to devote the time to my other child and our home and my marriage. Holy shit. 

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO
    we aren't really holiday people. Never have been. We do birthdays for each other, but no other holidays really. So I imagine we won't do anything at all and I'm so good wth that. Maybe I won't make dinner that night. That sounds amazing. Lol
  • @OTmom3 what kind of cute things are you thinking for the kids?  I didn't even consider DD...

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you?  11 weeks 3 days 

What symptoms are you having? Still all day nausea, headaches, skin breaking out, and heartburn.

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  More heartburn, more all day nausea, and my skin has been better than the last two pregnancies (up until recently anyway).

Rant/Rave/Questions? The kids went to their grandparents and we are having date night!

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO?  H planned Valentine's  date night for tonight because we are planning on doing a potty and weekend with DD 2 next weekend.  I am hoping to get chocolate for  Valentine's Day. 
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry and thanks @bumpybump
    today got crazy and this is the first time I have been able to bump!!! 
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? Some round ligament pain and awareness of the stretching of my uterus where my c section was.

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Much smoother overall 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO?  We usually just order pizza. Our first Valentine's Day in our house we were remodeling and not living here yet, but we got pizza and ate in the floor.  It's become our tradition.  I did order some girl scout cookies 
  • @bumpybump I actually have no idea, lol. I'm thinking Valentine's cupcakes for dessert and maybe something I can make into a heart shaped for dinner? Maybe heart shaped burgers? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?
    12 weeks 

No symptoms

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I feel like I just "felt" more pregnant with my boys. I don't really recall not having symptoms at any point in my pregnancies with them.

Rant/rave/questions? 
    I feel like my kids are constantly sick :(

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH?
    Hoping for chocolate! No idea what I'll do for DH yet. Maybe make him his favorite meal or something?
  • @bumpybump and @OTmom3 there is a florist up the street from us and I walked down and talked to him and he's going to make DD a tiny flower arrangement for 4$ and she absolutely LOVES flowers so I'm pretty excited for that! 
    I was going to make cute cookies with her but this is more my energy level right now lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?
    14 weeks today yay!
    nausea is gone but now i get headaches every morning that's no fun

with DD my first trimester i was a hormonal mess and depressed. this time i was just as normal as could be.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

ha ha DH says valentine's day is for people who are dating and since we are married we have an anniversary but he does end up getting me some sour candy or a stuffed animal every year anyways and i'll probably make him his favorite dinner, tacos lol 
  • @Nxy aww that sounds so cute
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?
    10+6

The queasiness is my worst symptom.  I had a few days this week where I wasn't feeling as bad, but the nausea is back again.  I'm still pretty exhausted too.

I was sick for weeks with my first so this one is better because I only got sick once so far.  I got sick a few times with my second, but the queasiness was pretty mild.  This pregnancy is somewhere in between with the queasiness.  My symptoms aren't too different from my other pregnancies.  

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My work pants no longer button, but at least I have the Bella Band.  It's getting harder to hide my belly though, especially later in the day, and I'm nowhere near ready to announce at work.  I hope the bloat at least settles down soon.

All I want is some type of delicious chocolate dessert.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @OTmom3 I am a coach's wife too! We just entered baseball season so I'm about to be solo a lot more too until May. This baby is coming during football season so I am quite nervous!

@dmbfan46835 I share your feelings! 

How far along are you?
    11 weeks 3 days 

Some nausea, some aversions (starting to go away), and not sleeping well

I am starting to feel better and have good days much earlier this time. So relieved!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    DS woke up acting himself after being down with a stomach bug since Friday night. Yay!

We don't go big for Valentine's Day. We will have a date night (on a different day) and maybe get dessert. We usually get a card and write each other a sweet note. 

• I am 11w 5d today. Had an appointment last Thursday and got to see my LO. He/she is getting so big! My symptoms have been pretty normal. Mostly nausea, gagging, burping, and bloat. I would also take a nap every day if possible lol. We finally told our 7 year old son and he is so excited to be a big brother. So fun answering all the questions about how babies grow in mom's belly.

The one thing that is scaring me now is my blood pressure is running high. My older son was delivered at 30 weeks due to preeclampsia. I am already high risk and it just really scares me. It makes my anxiety go through the roof before appointments. I am taking my bp at home now and it is a bit lower than at the clinic which makes me feel better.

I honestly haven't thought too much about valentines day. My husband always makes sure to do something sweet. I gotta think of something for him!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?
    14d3d

headaches although I'm unsure if it's related to pregnancy. Also, I'm still bloated a lot. 

It seems to be pretty similar

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Rant- I'm getting sick. Sinuses are so congested and I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Rave- we upgraded to a nice new minivan this weekend and I'm in love!!! It's going to suit our growing family! 

we aren't doing any thing big. I'm making a fancy dinner for us both. 
  • Did anyone have an anterior placenta last time? When I lay down baby feels WAY higher than it should at 13 weeks. Doc said the placenta was anterior so I was wondering if maybe that's why.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    12w1d

Still nausea/dizziness/food aversions at night, but it is starting later and later so I have hope it will disappear in a week or two. Also starting to run really hot and sweat at work - it'a great.

Not as nauseous as DD1, but my pregnancy with DD2 was so easy. This is somewhere in between. I can seriously feel this little bub so strong sometimes now though and that makes me smile. DD2 had an anterior placenta and I hardly felt her at all the entire pregnancy. @Nxy  I don't recall my uterus being higher, just the baby was totally blocked by placenta.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

The only gift I could hope for would be him putting the girls to bed for once :) I should probably think of something for him though!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• At my NT scan last week, the tech mentioned that my placenta was anterior, @Nxy.  I had never heard that with my other pregnancies, but I did a little reading up about it because I too wondered how this would affect or present in my pregnancy. The only thing I found was that it could mean feeling the baby move later rather than sooner, but I also read that an anterior placenta often migrates to the posterior position eventually. 
    That's an interesting thought about carrying higher...I have this too, but I always assumed it was because this is a subsequent pregnancy. 
    You've piqued my interest, I'm gonna ask my midwife tomorrow. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks 5 days

What symptoms are you having? Frequent bathroom trips..that's about it. 

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? With DS I had morning sickness the entire time. This time not so much only once. Now that I'm in the second trimester it's the same. I felt good with DS once out of the first trimester. Feel good now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO? Nothing really. I want to go see Fifty Shades but that'll probably be more of a girls night sometime after Valentine's Day. We don't really care to celebrate it. My DH buys me flowers and things all throughout the year. I do special things for him all year. So it's really just another day to us. And his birthday is Jan 31st so I usually go all out then. 
  • @nxy I had an anterior placenta with my son, and have it again now. With my son, I didn't feel any movement until 21 weeks (and then it didn't stop lol). I carried low throughout my entire pregnancy so not sure.... 

Pregnancy Ticker

• *correction on behalf of my response.
    The anterior placenta can grow/move to the top of the uterus, it doesn't become posterior. I misunderstood. Although I guess it can grow down which is not ideal (but not as common.)
    Now I'm feeling insanely neurotic about this and stressing out! Gah! 

• How far along are you? 11 weeks 4 days

What symptoms are you having? Nausea all day all night. Insomnia but that seems to have gotten better over the last few days. 

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? The nausea seems a lot worse, but I can't decide if it's the difference of working through my last pregnancy and being home with this one. Fewer distractions :) I feel like my hair and skin are super oily this time and last time they were both so dry. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? It is so hard to meal plan when looking at recipes and pictures of food makes me want to hurl. We are trying to save money for the new baby but we have to keep eating out because I am too sick to cook or buy groceries. DH is super helpful but gets home from
    work pretty late so doesn't really have time to cook or anything.

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO? Eh we've never celebrated Valentine's Day but maybe this year I'll get to take a nap at least :smiley:
  • I realize that I never checked in here, although I commented on a post. I think I'm good to be here? 
    This is my 5th baby, not my second...does that matter?
    I'll respond to the prompt and then if I'm in the wrong thread I'll find the right one! I'm just happy to be here at all after the journey it took to become pregnant and stay pregnant this time around. 

How far along are you? 12wks2d

Still some nausea (so much better the past week), super exhausted, I've come down with a cold or virus so all of those symptoms, on top of really huge sore boobs. 

This pregnancy I've been the most sick and tired. Other than that, same stuff. I think I'm a lot happier now in life as well, with the right partner and older, so I'm enjoying each day. That's a definite upgrade.

Rant/Rave/Questions:
    My only rant at the moment is that my cats WILL NOT leave me alone! Omg! I'm hating them right now! And I usually love their attention! Yesterday I threatened I'd tie their tails together. Sort of sick. 

GTKY: Valentine's Day is always low key here. More about the kids at this point. I saw a new Apple Watch my man would love, but since we have to use all of our funds right now to afford his upcoming oral surgery, I just showed him a picture of it and said "See what I would get you for Valentine's Day this year, if we could afford it?!"
    Now I'm just waiting to see what he'd get me if money were no object. For whatever reason, I find this incredibly romantic. Probably just the pregnancy hormones. 

• Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited February 2017
    @thistle8677

I love my cat and she's the same way.  I had to move her off me about 14 times before she finally settled on the pillow next to me.  I was ready to just toss her out of the room, but with a toddler running around she hasn't had much snuggle time with me.  

I wonder what it is in the hormones that makes them so much clingier when we are pregnant?  There are days where I feel like I am constantly shooing DH and my cat off of me.  Then DH comes home and wonders why I don't want to be touched.  Cat will only choose him as a second option.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Nxy I had an anterior placenta with DD. I carried her high in general but they never said it was due to the ap. Same as others, I didn't feel movement until into my 20-22 weeks.

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I realize that I never checked in here, although I commented on a post. I think I'm good to be here? 
    This is my 5th baby, not my second...does that matter?

Hi! This is the right place for you! Typically the title is STM+ so it includes all mom's with other children. I'm on number 3. WELCOME!!! 
  • How far along are you?
    12+3

Tired! So tired. 

I feel like they are so different. I am more tired now.  I had way worse heartburn then. I'm showing so much more now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Today I had an appointment with MFM. They said everything looks good with the baby!

I have no idea what to get DH. I'm hoping he gets me a gift card for a facial because my skin is insane these days. I'd like DH to bring DD a small bouquet of flowers.
  • How far along are you? 10 + 3

What symptoms are you having? Exhausted, nauseous yet hungry, headaches. 

How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? This is the fourth & I'm by far the most exhausted. Maybe it's already having 3 kids to take care of! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Impatiently awaiting the results of the Panaroma testing... 

GTKY: What are you hoping to get for Valentine's Day and are you getting/doing anything for DH/SO?  We don't do Valentines. Though one year when our marriage was rocky and we were working through it, DH took me to Jeff Rubys for dinner, had my favorite flowers (birds of paradise) flown in & delivered, and had edible arrangements deliver chocolate covered strawberries, bananas, and pineapple. When I looked at our *joint checking* I almost died. But it's definitely what our marriage needed at the time & I have fond memories of it.