January 2017 Moms
Options

MBF-1/30

andrawrmeda2andrawrmeda2 member
edited January 2017 in January 2017 Moms
I know it's not quite Monday (11 here) but I need a bitchfest. My youngest SIL just found out she's 5 weeks pregnant. Yay, right? Like I'm excited for her, I am, cause she has wanted a 2nd one for a while, she has an almost 4 year old. What gets me is that three SILS had a hay day the day we went to the hospital because we changed our daughters 1st middle name like 2 months ago. And apparently it was a huge deal cause they all loved the original name (i did not at all. It didn't flow and was goofy sounding with the rest of the name). I guess the 2nd SIL ordered something for DD with her name on it and had to send it back since we changed it. So anyway today they are talking and SIL 3 says "I'm mot saying the name cause I don't want it ruined" okay fine, her choice. Even though they YELLED at us cause we weren't going to say DDs name( we just found out at 6 months along so we were still in shock!) Til closer to her coming out, and with our DS we weren't gonna say his name either cause they kept throwing a fit at all the names we were thinking about (not definite on). But whatever she doesn't want anyone to ruin the name. Then SIL 2 brings up the darn gift thing again and while looking right at me says "I'll just get you a gift certificate then and you can personalize so I don't mess up or ruin the name or anything". I didn't tell her to go and order something speciam, she didn't for any of the other kids(6 grandkids total) and she certainly didn't for DS. I guess MIL told my SO that he should have at least kept everyone in the loop about DDs name cause we caused a big commotion and made the SILS all mad about it. Well it didn't even matter cause she spelled DDs first name all wrong anyway and didn't even think to double check it ( which she got mad about cause she thought it was the cuter spelling). So I'm just fed up with grown adults acting petty about things that they don't even have any reason to throw fits over. Like I didn't know I was supposed to run all my decisions by them for approval. SO even said he's upset with his sisters over it. (But he won't stand up to them cause he listens to his mother over anyone and she told him to apologize that we didn't tell them) I even offered to pay for the return fee on the item cause I did feel bad that she ordered some nice thing and she said not to worry ot didn't matter. Sorry for the long rant just kinda fed up. Is this what all big families are like? It's been 3 years and the last 2 have been terrible with the family since we had our kids cause they all act like we have no idea what we're doing and they need to hold our hands. It's flat out disrespectful somedays and irritating all the time. Ugh.

Re: MBF-1/30

• Options
    Yikes! So sorry your SILS are being so childish. It does seem that the bigger the family the more drama your going to have. Hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    I think that's what gets me the most is the amount of childish attitude. It's infuriating to say the least. I am hoping it isn't gonna be like this for long. Seems like they forget about stuff fast. Like I had moved on, you know, whatever it happened. And here she is bringing it up again, but without flat out saying it. Ugh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This morning when DH bent over to pick DS out of the pack n play he farted in my face :( definitely was not on purpose but still so gross! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Oh mannnn lol we've had similar occurrences here lmao

• Options
    The amount a texts and calls I'm getting daily at this point to see if baby is here.... 'nuff said...
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MIL keeps nagging DH to come over so they can "pass that baby around." SIL just posted on FB about how she's sick and she refuses to get the TDAP. So no. I'm not bringing my brand new baby over to your germy house. It's bad enough that DD1 brings home snotty germs from school. I need a bubble for the baby.
    DD1: EDD 12/21/11 - Born 11/24/11 at 36w1d
    DD2: EDD 1/16/17 - Born 1/12/17 at 39w3d
  • Options
    @HJMorgan omg I know that feeling. I went over with both babes, this time thankfully only 4 days! My son was nearly 2 weeks....I was ready to chew everyone's head off! Everyday I got asked at least 6 times lol baby will come when baby wants! @MamaandNurse I know that feeling, we have lots of family friends and extended members that want to meet her. And I'm like...guys. it's FLU season. My toddlers been sick enough, as have I and the fiance, I don't want a newborn sick. She's got thrush now, I don't want to add anything else in! I was gonna do a meet and greet kinda shower when she came but I want to wait til she's at least a month old. And everyone's wanting to meet her now, like...she'll still be small in a month, not like she's growing super fast!

• Options
    canavaracanavara member
    edited February 2017
    Delayed MBF: I was looking at my mom's Facebook profile and realized that she basically posted live updates of my entire labor (which was about a month ago). Like, status updates on how dilated I was, if I was pushing yet, the whole shebang, and then announcing his birth and his name (which we had kept secret). I already knew about the birth announcement which made me annoyed enough... but seriously... who posts on Facebook how dilated someone else is without their permission??
  • Options
    ceclarlinetloceclarlinetlo member
    edited February 2017
    Ughhh it's times like this I wish I could gif from my phone. That's 8 kinds of ridiculous and deserves all kinds of side eye.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    My mom did with my son but only when I told her she could. I tagged her and my fiances family in all my updates so family I wasn't friends with coukd keep updated. This time I was the only one updating cause everyone except my fiance was at work lol it was nice lol