Pregnant after IF

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

15678911»

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• @LynnNJ How nice to be given the go ahead for longer sleeps! Today I went to a BF support group and the nurse there said some kiddos just have a higher need to suck for comfort than others; sounds like that's your LO. I hope the pacifier helps. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LynnNJ - at 3 weeks baby should still be sleeping like 16-20 hrs of sleep and they prob eat every 2-3 hours. Getting enough sleep during the day actually helps them sleeep better at night.we get this misconception that if we keep them awake longer they sleep better at night but that actually not true. You just get an overly tired baby who is probably really cranky
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! Just catching up. Noah has been gassy too. A few of you mentioned that you are having the same problem. I tried the gripe water last night. Not sure it helps? Noah is still sleeping in our room. He's up every night for the last two weeks and is fussy between 8-1 am. Anyone experience this? It's so hard. Sometimes he's inconsolable. He goes for shots on Monday so I will ask. How many of you are going back to work? I've decided to go part time because I'm getting lonely at home. I love Noah to pieces but I think I need some human interaction so I'm going to work 12 hours a week. Then maybe I will try to find a mommy group. I'm terrified to leave him though. How did you guys know you were finding the best care for them? I might start looking at daycares. I'm just really nervous. 
  • We start indeed early, although it's more 'get used to the water class'
    I used to be a lifeguard and together with my sister we saved a little boy from drowning. It's the most scary thing I ever experienced. While working in a swimming pool (and having a little brother 13 years younger) I've noticed some kids just jump in the water, being able to swim or not. So I just want to make sure Pia knows how to swim.

Totally agree @jerseygirl856. What works for the three of you is what's best for the three of you! If that means having Leigh sleeping with you then so be it. I've heard it's not a bad thing at all. So just enjoy it!
    And it's not like when she's 18 she still wants to sleep in the same bed! ;)
    I rock Pia to sleep at night. Instead of using 2 hours I'm done in 30min! I'm pretty sure she'll get the hang of it when she's about to marry.

Definitely don't try to let them sleep less during the day, to get them to sleep more at night. I have a very over tired cranky little girl right now. I kept her awake a little longer as we needed to go grocery shopping and then pick up the nieces. So I just missed the window of putting her to bed. Little miss Pia is not amused, but got her finally to sleep, hope this is a real sleep!

I completely understand @joyzie77. I feel quite lonely sometimes. 
    I live in a country I haven't lived in for 21 years and don't have friends close by, no DH and really miss an adult conversation instead of just talking to myself or Pia. Although the latter gives the best heartwarming smiles :smile:

5 shots?!? That was a lot @griffin5413
    I thought Pia getting to at the time was a lot!
    We have to go again next Wednesday. But this time around I hold her!

How is it going with the comfort/soothing drinking @tulips29
    Your message completely got swollowed up by all the other messages!
    Was it a temporary thing? Or is Aiden still 'craving' a booby to comfort himself?

Oh no @drove2u! When will this happen? 
    Is it a one time surgery or will she have more when growing bigger?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @Joyzie77 I'll be going back to work full-time at the end of the month. We toured 3 daycares & I left the first 2 uneasy & riddled with anxiety about going back to work. During the 3rd tour I was feeling at ease & comfortable, that's how I knew that was the daycare suitable for my son. Good luck in your search!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @Drove2u I'm sorry to hear that. I can only imagine but sending thoughts and prayers for Viktoria. 
    @Joyzie77 I returned a few weeks ago but she's being cared for by mother. 

Thanks ladies for your kind and encouraging words! 
  • Welcome to the new mummies! 
    Just jump in whenever, and if a question has been asked before we won't shoot you if you ask again. We have over 400 posts, it's hard to stay on track when just jumping in :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• I'm still really struggling with how my delivery went. I am so grateful that Riley is healthy, but I still cry when I think or talk about how basically my entire birth plan had to get thrown out. I will be talking to my doc about why I was told I could still have delayed cord clamping and immediate skin to skin with a c-section and then they took him away to clean him up before giving him to me. And I know it's been less than two weeks so I need to give myself time,  but I just wanted to see if anyone else is grieving their labor and delivery.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats to the new mommies. @dragonfaerie I wouldn't say exactly I'm grieving but still a little traumatized. And you're definetly allowed to feel those feelings your having. Let us know what your doc says. 
    They're hoping to prolong viktorias heart surgery as long as possible. For now we need to hang in there until April when she has her next appt and see if there's any news on a date for surgery then. For now we're just going month by month. She's eating well and seems happy. I mean she cries a lot but that's typical. Haha she's been sleeping pretty well at night but very cranky during the day. Because of her heart condition we were told to keep her away from public places which sucks because I want to take her everywhere. 
  • I did and still do @dragonfaerie
    First my home delivery got taken away (which in the end was a good thing) then I ended up in surgery and fighting for my life.
    The delivery itself was pretty perfect, but when it was the placenta it's turn things went downhill pretty fast.
    I delivered Pia with my midwife and a trainee (both were amazing), but as the placenta was stuck and the umbilical cord broke off the hospital had to take over (not mentioning the blood gushing out)
    The energy in the room changed, people were pulling, pushing and sticking hands in me, giving shots, getting IV ready and I dunno what...without communication.
    My mum was allowed to join me all the way to the OR, yet once we got out of the elevator she was told to leave.During the procedure in the OR no one talked to me, so I had still no idea what was happening. 
    Maybe a good thing as I didn't understood how bad it was, yet frightening as I finally had my little girl and would I see her again.
    What I got recommended was to write it down. Write the whole experience down to be able to give it a place. 
    I also spoke with the gynaecologist who took over, and told her how it made me feel. She was such a lovely person, explained certain things to me (as the why they handled as fast as they did with lack of communication...it was a now or never moment)
    She also took pointers with her, as in more communication during surgery.
    It helped me to talk about it. I can think about it without being completely devistated or in tears.
    It still hurts, but not as bad as it was, as I know that they handled so I could hold Pia again.
    Definitely give it time, and don't beat yourself up about feeling that way.
    Sending you a creepy internet hug

• Well I feel like I missed a lot not being on one day. I have had a tough couple of days emotionally and it's not getting better. So my dad and DH got into it becaus of us giving the babies cold formula and that my dad said he would give them warm formula at his house when he watches them. So he is undermining our parenting already. So I lost my babysitter and my dad in the same day he won't get over that these kids are ours I guess. So I have been crying a lot but I need to stick by DH. I was always worried about this when I was pregnant that my dad would voice his opinion and he did. My pediatrician does not see anything wrong with us giving the babies cold formula. My dad thinks we are lazy but it is easier and they don't seem to have issues at this time. If they do then yes we would make adjustments. Luckily I still have my mom who wants to see the babies and help out. Ladies I just feel blah and I don't know what to do. Why can't my dad let us parent and make mistakes. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    That just sucks @ultratomato!
    I think parents should let us parent. They could give advice, when asked, but otherwise they should trust us doing what works for our family is the right thing.
    Im sorry you are in the middle of this all.
    Any change your mum can meddle between your dad and you and DH? 
    Make your dad see that this is how you give formula? And that it doesn't do any harm?
    Hope you all work this out, as you want all of them close to you.

• @tvh1982 my mom is working on it with him but he is stubborn and won't budge. DH did apologize for getting loud at the house with my dad but no response. Hopefully my mom can make him see the light and that we are the parents. Luckily I can vent to you ladies thank you 
  • @ultratomato omg. My mom was giving me the same grief. And we don't give cold just room temperature but she thought it was awful that we don't warm it. And Viktoria doesn't mind the way we give it to her. Sometimes if it's in the fridge I have to bring it to room temp. She won't drink fridge cold formula. AnywY besides the point. Our parents are pretty old school not sure why they can't just trust us to parent. Sorry you're going through this. 
  • @Drove2u thanks and sorry to hear about Viktoria prayers are with all of you. The only reason I do cold or room temp is because if you go out with the babies you will need to have the bottle heated. This is easier in the long run. Plus when they get to drink regular milk it will be cold too. But I'm not against room temp just heated 
  • @ultratomato exactly. That's why we do it room temp too. You may not always be in a place to heat it so you don't want them to get used to it. I tried giving her actual cold formula or breast milk and she just won't drink it. Weird. 
  • @drove2u I'm sorry you can't take your girl places :( that must be very frustrating . Hope the surgery goes well when she gets it ! I'm glad to hear she is doing well !! 

@ultratomato sending you a virtual hug . I'm so sorry you have to put up with that crap . How you parent and do things is nobody's business but yours and your husbands . I hope your dad can come to see that soon . 

@dragonfaerie I'm sorry things didn't go as planned . I know what you mean . Its hard to get over . I didn't necessarily have a birth plan but definitely did not want a c section . I felt pretty scarred from not being able to hold or see Vince at all since they whisked him across the room as soon as he was taken out of me . I cried so hard and then when I finally got to see him I was so hormonal he didn't feel like he was really mine . I know that sounds insane but I felt somewhat disconnected for a few weeks . Not that I don't love him to pieces - I have been obsessed with him from the beginning .. but just felt a slight disbelief that he came from me because I didn't see it happen . I sound crazy I know . I finally watched the video of my c section my husband was able to film . While it was gross it was also very beautiful and I finally felt like he was truly mine . I sobbed watching it . I wish I had been able to deliver vaginally but Vince and I might have not made it if my doctor hadn't made the call for the c section when she did . I am so grateful that we are both ok even if things didn't go as planned . For awhile I couldn't look at my incision scar because I felt like it was ugly and a reminder of the trauma but now I look at it and think "damn im a badass . This is my battle scar that brought me my wonderful boy ." 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @drove2u I'm sorry yo hear that Viktoria is having heart issues, hopefully the time btwn now and April will allow it to repair itself a bit? If that is possible. Thoughts and prayers to you!

@ultratomato I'm sorry you have been struggling. Grandparents are funny, I feel like there were a lot of things we, as their children, could live with out or thoughen up over, but these grandbabies get the royal treatment! I love this, but in some cases, like yours, it's just really not their decision to make. 

L almost slept thru the night last night! I went to sleep at 11:30, bf him and gave him an extra 2oz in a bottle, my husband was up late working on some contracts -  soothed him once, he woke me up at 4:30 to eat and diaper, then we didn't wake up again until 7:20 am! It feels so good to have gotten multiple hours of sleep!! I'm betting a third night of reasonable sleep in a row is asking for too much, I will be prepping more bottle of BM so H can help w feedings tonight. I want to feel human for the weekend while H is home and not working all evening.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Should I start a new new mamas thread ? Maybe we could just start a new one every month .. that way as new mommies cross over we don't have a billion posts all on one thread . Just a thought ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Thank you all for your support. It helps to know you aren't the only one who feels hurt, even though you wouldn't wish those feelings on anyone.  
    @tvh1982 I definitely plan on writing everything out so I can really start to process what all happened. And I'm sorry your delivery was so hard. 
    @vssbrm so glad you are having good sleep nights! We've had two in a row ourselves, fx fire three!!
    @ultratomato My MIL was really good about not pushing boundaries while I was pregnant, and now she's questioning everything. It's so hard to deal with old wisdom vs new learning. I hope there can be a resolution soon. Hugs.
    @mskeenan It's great you have such a good perspective on things now. I have moments when I can be super left-brained about the whole thing: glad it went like it did, confident in our decisions, proud of my scar, and knowing that Riley is healthy even if we didn't get all we wanted.  But then I cry and cry about it. I'll get there eventually. And I have resources if I need external help
    Btw- I think creating a monthly or new moms thread is a good idea

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie no shame in crying . I'm almost 10 weeks postpartum and I still cry !! It does get easier though :) 

ill start a February thread for us now so this thread doesn't get too long :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @dragonfaerie and @mskeenan I cry a lot not sure if it's everything going on or just dealing with twins lol. I can tell sometimes DH is going to loose it when they both start crying I just tell him to walk away sometimes we need those moments. And I totally get the csection I didn't want it at all and I still regret it because of the infection. But I'm on the mend now. I cried once I heard those little cries from both girls and boy was I nauseous I had to have two doses of the medication not to throw up during it. DH didn't get many pics because he was so worried about me. He did get the first pic holding both of them so jealous lol
  • I'm right there with you ladies about the c-section experience. It's crazy that so many of us had to have them. I wanted my body to do its job but ultimately this was best for both of us. I had the hardest time bc I had been up for 24 hours on 1 and a half hours of sleep with no food. I was so exhausted I couldn't even keep my eyes open so I felt so disconnected when Eli was born. 

@ultratomato I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this with your dad. Hoping everything works out. Feel confident knowing that you are doing what is best for your girls! I'm thinking about making up a big pitcher of formula too to make it easier. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 Aiden definitely comfort nurses especially in the evenings before he goes to bed. We give him a pacifier which works half the time and the other half he's screaming because he can't be fooled and wants the real thing. I've given in just to stop the screaming and am able to put him to sleep once he falls asleep after a few mins of comfort nursing. I have a lactation consultant coming over this weekend so will discuss this all with her too. 

@ultratomato I'm sorry you're not seeing eye to eye with your dad. It's tough for sure. Our parents want the best for us but end up not helping so much with all their advice. My inlaws are the same. Love them and all, but they are constantly telling me how they did things 30+ years ago and how I should do the same. Thanks, but no thanks. Things have changed since then and I'd like to do things my own way. If it doesn't work, at least I'll learn. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @dragonfaerie I am totally grieving my birth. I was going to do my best to deliver naturally. I had read up on pain interventions and talked to my midwife. If course, with a baby 14 weeks early who was breech and backwards but ready to come out, I didn't get to do that. If it had been a regular c-section even I might have felt better about it because I could VBAC next time, but they had to cut me sideways and then vertically, so there is no hope for ever delivering vaginally now. I wanted immediate skin to skin and I've yet to hold my baby. I wanted to breastfeed exclusively, and I'm married to a freaking pump. This was not going to be my story. I get so mad about it sometimes because I fought to get pregnant and now I feel robbed of my birthing story. It is infuriating and depressing all at the same time. If he will just pull through. . .if he can just figure out the breathing, I can hold him. I think once I can do that, I can make peace with everything. But grieve? Yes, I grieve.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @dragonfaerie I understand your grief. Although I didn't have a birth plan, I didn't want the scheduled C section. I feel like I don't really know what labor feels like because I didn't experience any contractions. 
    @ultratomato sorry to hear that you going through that. I think our parents should respect our choices and be more understanding. I hope everything works out. 
    My mother and MIL is having a hard time understanding that water is not recommended for babies. 
  • @Griffin5413 Thanks for the tip about sleep. 
  • @dragonfaerie Sorry to hear things did not go the way you planned.  I hope you are doing better! 

I thought I was losing my mind the first week and I had very intense emotions, but the slightly different reasons. 

Things are getting better little by little. 
  • Hello ladies! i was away for a long time. I am trying to read and catch up with you all.
    I was at back home for a month and it felt so good to spend time with family. But mostly to be out of our small NY apartment was the best. Now we are back and I started to work yesterday. I thought I was handling so well but when I got back home and saw my little daughter , it felt like I was away for such a long time and I am missing on her growth. I started to cry like a baby at the door, I couldnot stop crying. Did any of you start working yet ? I already hate pumping and stressing whether I could provide enough for her. But she was smiling and laughing at me as if she realized that I was away , maybe she was. Lara is doing great, she is sleeping pretty well at night and adjusted to the time difference in few days.

@dragonfaerie My DD is over 11 weeks old and I still get upset every time I think about my c-section. I cannot get rid of the idea that my body failed to deliver my baby naturally. I am hearing many birth stories lately and everytime a woman delivers naturally it hurts. I know that it is so silly and I have to be so grateful that both baby and I am doing well but I cannot help it.

@Drove2u I am so sorry to hear the heart problem of your LO, you are in my thoughts !

• @ZoeFer I'll let you know next Monday  :'( I have to stop by his daycare on Friday to drop off his diapers, wipes, extra clothes, etc. My DH took him out today and when I came home they still weren't here, so I texted him to bring my baby home. lol It's gonna be rough til I get accustomed to this whole "working mommy" life again. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16