June 2017 Moms
Options

FriYAY Ticker Change 2/3

For those with EDDs 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23, and 6/30.

How far along are you

How big is baby

Any appointments this week

Symptoms

Cravings

Rants/Raves/Questions

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else?

Re: FriYAY Ticker Change 2/3

• Options
    I have missed the last couple of these.... sorry! Here I am! 

How far along are you20 weeks! Half way! (I've had "woooahhh we're half way there" stuck in my head all morning)

How big is baby? Banana

Any appointments this week? A/S on Tuesday! Can't wait!

Symptoms? The hip pain is real. Besides that I will still have random bouts of nausea when I'm really tired or my stomach is empty. Come on, shouldn't that be over at this point?

Cravings? I haven't really had any cravings. Although we were talking about soft pretzels the other day when deciding what to bring to a super bowl party and that whole day I really really wanted a soft pretzel. Then again that probably would have happened before I was pregnant too.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else? I'm a lawyer, which I like, but I don't particularly like my current position and am ready to move on to something new.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? endive?  what a weird one.

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Heartburn is making a comeback but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary

Cravings? I enjoyed my OJ this morning more than normal.  But not really.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah.

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else? I mean I'm in finance at a large bank, so it's pretty boring and would be ridiculous for me to call that my dream job haha.  My dream job is Powerball Jackpot Winner, but really if being a Travel Agent was still a bankable career, I would probably do that...I love researching and planning trips for myself and other people.  But the way that industry is right now, I have a feeling I'd have to take a 50-75% paycut to so that, which isn't really an option because I have gotten too used to my present lifestyle.  And I have to pay for daycare somehow so.
  • Options
    How far along are you
    20 weeks! Halfway point already...so crazy. (@ClaireCF that's what I captioned my bump pic that I posted to IG! Haha)
    How big is baby
    A banana
    Any appointments this week
    Nope. None til end of Feb for me
    Symptoms
    Sciatic pain like woah and heartburn/indigestion
    Cravings
    All the sweets. I may have spent $30 on bulk candy from amazon last night. Sweettarts and brookside crunchy clusters give me life. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions
    Nothin'
    (Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else?
    I LOVE the job I'm in right now. Some days I think NICU would be fun and interesting, but I really think postpartum is where I'm meant to be. 
  • Options
    How far along are you22 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut

Any appointments this week? Wednesday for a routine check-up

Symptoms? Non-stop hunger and discharge - lots of it. 

Cravings? I was totally turned off of sugar my first trimester but now I want all the sweets. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing I can think of. I'm just thrilled that it's Friday.

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else? I currently work in commercial real estate. I am a broker but I mostly do behind the scene stuff like financial analysis and pitch work etc. I do not love my job and right now the plan is for me to be a SAHM. My dream job is an interior designer. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby?  a grapefruit

Any appointments this week? Nope, nothing until 2/14 

Symptoms?  heartburn and some low back pain on the days that I'm on my feet a lot and/or forget my orthotics

Cravings? The only one that stands out is root beer.  I finally indulged in a root beer float the other day from Dairy Queen and it was fabulous.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Maternity lab coats are super expensive.  I think I might end up just getting a really big lab coat and living with the arms/shoulders being huge.  Other than that, life is pretty good.

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else? I love science, teaching, and the community college environment/population.  The only things that keep it from being my dream job are the awful administration, paper work, and "other duties as assigned".  I think my ideal is leaving full time teaching and going back to being an adjunct so that I still get to teach, but I only have to worry about teaching and other things directly associated with my classes.  That would let me spend most of my day as a SAHM too, which is something I'd like to try, but likely won't get to.
  • Options

How far along are you
    ? 20 weeks

How big is baby? Banana 

Any appointments this week? Had our anatomy scan Tuesday. Everything looks great, and baby is a girl! She is measuring right on time. 

Symptoms? Some lighting crotch (fun) and round ligament pain, but feeling much more like my normal self! 

Cravings? Now that my appetite is back, I want all the sweets! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally got some my antibiotics for my cold I have had for 3 weeks, and it seems to be working! 

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else

I am an 8th grade history teacher, which is always what I wanted to do. I mostly love my job, but lately have been looking at going into the curriculum side of things. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sparrow-2sparrow-2 member
    edited February 2017

So fun to read all of your updates!  @Ahutch428 congrats on your A/S!

How far along are you
    ? 22 weeks

How big is baby? a coconut, seems appropriate as I'm currently in Maui and just ate one this afternoon!

Any appointments this week? regular appt next Friday

Symptoms? hip and sacral pain, frequent urination, some occasional RLP...edited to add: and tailbone pain!!! ouch, that pain is real!

Cravings? like you, @sarah.j.617 I was totally turned off by sweets in the first trimester, but definitely digging them now, @huskermom14 after reading your update I had to look up brookside crunchy clusters, yum!  other than that, I'm really into mango sorbet, coke (not a soda drinker the rest of the time), bagels and cream cheese were a definite thing of the first trimester, less so now, and all things cheese, but that might just be me normally!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I keep thinking to myself that I can't imagine 18 more weeks as I feel SO big already, granted baby is measuring ahead by 10 days, but still.  It's surprising how different certain things like putting on shoes, rolling over in bed, etc feel.  But my big rave is getting to be on vacation this week in Maui.  I came once to the Islands, 12 years ago as a recent college grad, to Kauai with my sister, but this is my first time back and with DH and it's beautiful and relaxing.  Definitely feeling grateful <3

(Stolen from somewhere) GTKY: Is your current job (stay at home mom counts as a job) your dream job or wouldn't you rather have the ability to do something else? I sometimes have an ambivalent relationship with my current job - a psychologist. It took many years to get to the settled point I'm at now and it's not easy work, but it feels meaningful and engaging and it's pretty great being my own boss. I actually think if I was working less, which will likely come with introducing a baby into our lives, it would be pretty close to my dream job.
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17