March 2017 Moms

Appointments: week of 1/30

Everyone should be having bi-weekly appointments now-so what's going on!? Share the good/the bad/and the plain old routine boring!

Re: Appointments: week of 1/30

• Loading the player...
  • Went for my weekly perinatal visit this morning...baby is measuring 6 lb 11 oz in the 98th percentile...the doctor said he'll probably come early, whether that's on his own or they induce me.  He said that if baby gets to be over 9 lb 6 oz they do a c-section...I'd like to avoid that but also would like him to stay in and cook a couple of more weeks....I guess I really need to get started on organizing everything we got from baby showers and washing his clothes!
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• 33 week appointment today. Was supposed to be seen last week but my doctor was out with the flu.

I'm measuring 31 weeks and have gained just shy of 20 lbs so far but doc wasn't concerned. Baby is head down with her back/butt to my right and her legs on the left just as I suspected  :)

Have another appointment in one week to stay on schedule, then not again until 36 weeks, then weekly appointments until she's here! Time is flying by
  • Had my 32 week appointment today and everything was great!  This is the first appointment that my awesomely supportive husband hasn't come to, and I feel bad cause the ultrasound was amazing - could see so much detail of his face and hands!  Blood pressure is massively improved this week, too, which is a huge relief. 
  • Have my routine 34 week apt tomorrow. Been experiencing sharp pains in my cervix the last week I'm hoping they can check out. They checked last week and determined I was not dialated, so that's good for now. Also have my first antenal class tomorrow evening. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just had my appointment, tentative induction date scheduled for March 2nd due to rising bp (history of PIH) :neutral: That means 4 weeks left at most. Also had an ultrasound and baby looks great. Down to once a week appointments, only 4 more to go before baby is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had a NST this morning.  BP was high so they sent me over to L&D triage to have my BP monitored and blood work.  while in L&D triage the nurse said - I'm not sure why you were sent over here.  The BP isn't that bad.  :-/  

While in L&D triage - BP went from 130s/high70s, down to 128/74, and the blood work came back fine so they sent me on my way. 

Hoping I can get BP in control.  Due 3/15 and hoping I can at least make it to March, but at this point, I'm just not sure anymore.  So, GD and elevated BP....fun times.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • mecoats said:
    Had a NST this morning.  BP was high so they sent me over to L&D triage to have my BP monitored and blood work.  while in L&D triage the nurse said - I'm not sure why you were sent over here.  The BP isn't that bad.  :-/  

While in L&D triage - BP went from 130s/high70s, down to 128/74, and the blood work came back fine so they sent me on my way. 

Hoping I can get BP in control.  Due 3/15 and hoping I can at least make it to March, but at this point, I'm just not sure anymore.  So, GD and elevated BP....fun times.
    I feel like this would happen to me! My doctor said if I get a blood pressure reading higher than 130/90 I need to call, or if it's off hours I need to go to the hospital. I wouldn't even take myself seriously at that point, it just doesn't seem that high to me. I guess because it's been so low all the rest of pregnancy? 
  • @CanadianintheSouth - I feel like it was high because they took me back 30 minutes after my appt time for the NST....I schedule it early so I don't have to take PTO, so that I can get paid and be home with LO once she's here.  So i think i was a little stressed because of them taking me back late, and then the test taking about an hour today (it's normally a 30 min test).  I'm hoping on Friday, we'll be good with the 2nd NST this week.  

I agree with you on the not taking it seriously because I have had normal BP the rest of my pregnancy.  They told me to call dr if I have blurry visions, pain in my right side under my boob, headaches, dizziness.  I have none of those symptoms, so that would be when I call/go to hospital.  
  • I get that BP is a huge concern during pregnancy--but it IS annoying that different people make a big deal out of different numbers. I ALSO had nurses, in L&D the entire time I was being induced for high BP, telling me that it really wasn't a high BP reading and questioning what I was doing there. Just make sure to ask your doc lots of questions and make sure they aren't being overly cautious, and you're on the same page!
  • Just had my checkup today, and the midwife I saw was SO lovely. I broke down crying when I got in after she asked me how I'm doing. Told her how I'd been sick and feeling so uncomfortable. She was so reassuring that I'm almost out of the woods and should be feeling better soon. 

Urine test showed trace protein, so they're sending it off to the lab for more tests, but everything else looked great. They weighed me for the first time in ages, and found out I've gained 38 lbs. so that was awesome... but she didn't seem concerned about the weight gain. 

She told me to go ahead and start coming in weekly. Eek!!! So close to the end!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie sorry there were tears! But so so happy to hear you had a wonderful midwife that encouraged you!! Hope you can see more of her! FX the protein isn't an issue!
  • It's crazy to think how close we all are and yet SO. FAR. AWAY. Is anyone else feeling just a tiny bit jealous of all those people who have already delivered? I'm simultaneously thrilled for them and a little jealous that I have to wait for that same moment...

Had another growth ultrasound today and LO is still measuring small. She went from 43rd percentile to 30th. They are cutting my heart meds in half and will reevaluate in a couple weeks to give her a chance to hopefully catch up. If that doesn't work, they will take me off my heart meds altogether and likely put me on bedrest for the rest of pregnancy since my heart doesn't respond well without meds. Come on little girl.... grow grow grow!
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 you are so right about the so close so far! I still have a ton to do in the house as far as organizing and have been tackling projects every weekend which helps i guess. i just want the time to pass by quickly! I'm not a patient person. I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy this time with DS as our only kid but I just want to meet our LO and be done being pregnant. 

I hope reducing your meds helps with little girl's growth! fingers crossed you don't have to get off of them completely. 
  • Just had an ultrasound, (AMA so I have them frequently) now have to wait 45 mins til next appt to see OB to talk about results. But on the monitor all the gestational age measurements she was taking said 35 weeks. I'm 32 weeks. Tech estimated his weight at over 5lbs! I know it can be really off but now I'm kinda freaked out. He's also breech. But thankful everything else seemed to look good. Hope they give me tips to get him to turn!  :#
  • @kjd291 your birth center sounds so awesome. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the OBs i go to and the hospital i'll be delivering in, but I'd love to deliver with midwives in a birth center.
  • jenny0228 said:
    Just had an ultrasound, (AMA so I have them frequently) now have to wait 45 mins til next appt to see OB to talk about results. But on the monitor all the gestational age measurements she was taking said 35 weeks. I'm 32 weeks. Tech estimated his weight at over 5lbs! I know it can be really off but now I'm kinda freaked out. He's also breech. But thankful everything else seemed to look good. Hope they give me tips to get him to turn!  :#
    If it makes you feel any better, at 32.5 weeks baby measured 5 lbs 12 oz (huge!), and just had another growth scan Tuesday at 34.5 and he was only measuring 6 lbs which is much closer to "normal". They can have major growth spurts followed by not a lot of growth.
  • Thanks @CanadianintheSouth - I have heard they can be really off so I am trying to remain calm! My belly is measuring right at 32 weeks according to the OB, so either the ultrasound is off, or he is REALLY cramped in there, haha! Here is hoping he evens out over the next few weeks!
  • @jenny0228 I understand! I was imagining myself with a +9 lb baby after the first measurement! My belly is still measuring 2 weeks ahead, but after the last scan, the doc thinks its just because he is sitting so high. 
  • Went in yesterday for growth scan and group b test. Baby is head down and 4 lbs. that's about normal for me because both my babies prior were a little less than 6 lbs at birth. I start going in for stress tests due to high risk tomorrow 3 times a week until my scheduled c-section in 3 wks exactly. 
  • Regular OB appt tonight. Baby girl was moving so much today. Her HR was 140-150. BP was 124/80, so we will see what I get tomorrow at the NST. Dr said we will know more about timing of delivery after my next growth scan. Maybe she isn't as big as they first predicted?! Overall a good appt. they do have a note about my elevated Bp,
    so im sure it will be closely monitored but no protein or sugar in urine. Also lost another pound. 
  • @npaulie aren't midwives great. I've cried on mine more than once and she doesn't even flinch. She's just so great at compassionate care. I love the midwife model of care.
  • I'm so stinking excited for my 36 week appointment tomorrow. Starting weekly BPP ultrasounds for this geriatric mom! I can't wait to find out how big he or she is! I feel like this one's a whopper. My other two were peanuts.
  • Cbeanz said:
    Guys! I'm 3-4 cm at 36 weeks! Doc says this is going to be a February baby! 
    Wow!! How exciting!
  • Wow @Cbeanz!  Almost time!

Had an appointment with a midwife yesterday....I was pleasantly surprised to like her since the one I saw during my ectopic pregnancy was insensitive and horrible.  Baby did great during NST.  I gave them my blood sugar chart and she and my OB have put me on a medication to help regulate it...they weren't crazy high, but high enough that I warranted medicine to help.  Just one more pill to take at night and I'm in the home stretch.  I go today for my Diabetes education follow up, too
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• had my US and dr appointment today. She is still head down so that's good. According to the measurements though she's going to be a porker, already 6lb11oz at 35 weeks. Not too surprising considering DH and I were both big but DS was only 7lb11oz so idk we shall see. I also have an increased amount of fluid. Doc says she's not concerned at all, and considering baby seems to be pretty big she's not that surprised. However, this means I have to do 2 NSTs a week until my US on the 16th where hopefully my fluid levels will be "normal" again. I'm not really concerned, although I'd be lying if I said pushing out a 9 lb baby sounds like a pleasurable experience. The NSTs just suck bc I'm a SAHM with an 18 month old and really have no one to watch him. Luckily so far I've been able to schedule wicked early appointments and DH will just have to go into work slightly late. Oy!
  • @Gators&BoSox weird!? What's the worry that comes with "extra" fluid?? I thought it's only concerning if there isn't enough? 
    I feel you on the appointment with a toddler front! I think on of my biggest fears has been having complications just because I don't know what to do with my kid for extra appointments and/or hospital stays!! 

Also on team make big babies! I don't have anything to compare it to... but DD was just under 9lbs and pushing was a breeze!
  • @kjd291 tbh my doc is so unconcerned she didn't even list any kind of concerns or complications that could come with it, and i'm staying away from google. as she put it  "it's not a big deal but bc it is still a diagnosis it comes with certain precautions" so who knows lol tbh it made me feel a little better about being so damn huge. at least ill be instantaneously losing a good amount of weight  :D glad to hear pushing wasn't bad for you. I've always been told head size is the biggest factor anyways 
  • @Gators&BoSox you are SO wise! I'm the worst at staying away from Dr. Google.
    I keep telling myself the same thing about the weight--I'm up to 40lbs already, and hoping I loose bucketfulls of water at delivery. Hahah.
  • Had my 33 week appointment today- it was one of those: "how ya feeling?" "fine thank you!" "okay see you in two weeks!" appointments haha. I reached my target weight gain goal and we discussed birth control options after delivery- I learned the IUD and the arm capsule are both safe to use while nursing so that was nice- probably gonna get the IUD as soon as I can post partum before my insurance expires. It was nice to get out of the house and make contact with other adults though. Hoping to tour the hospital at the end of the month also! The family birth center next to the hospital just opened last year and its supposed to be all sorts of fancy so I am really excited. Its getting pretty real!!! 
  • @kjd291 girl i'm already at 50+ which is absurd to me as I have been eating the same as I did with DS and probably have been more active and am still waaaaay huger this time ... grrrrr

@direwolfmini i'm glad your appointment went so well... sorry to hear about the section but like you said at least you've had time to come to terms with it and it wasn't just sprung on you. fingers crossed baby a flips though!
  • @Gators&BoSox I've heard ppl say girls make you gain more. But who knows!?  We will all just look forward to your mammoth pool of water breaking and the update that you immediately lost 40lbs ;) 
  • @direwolfmini fingers crossed that the baby flips (not because a c-section is the end of the world but because it's what you want).  Fwiw they told me I really only had until around 32-33 weeks for baby A to flip to head down, and then they'd run out of room.  Thankfully he did flip right around then and has stayed, but baby B is in a totally different position every time we have a scan, which is twice a week!  So clearly they aren't out of room.  I know B's position doesn't matter, but in the 35th week he moved to head down yet again and earlier this week he was transverse across my ribcage.  

Just saying this to tell you they apparently can surprise you even after the doctors insist they're "out of room."  So I'm glad you're mentally prepared for a section but keep hope alive!

As for me, this week I was told I have 11.5 pounds of baby in me (feels like more to be honest), and the new thing to be concerned about is that B is the bigger baby, and if they get too discordant I'll have to have a c-section because of the risks B will get stuck.  I already have an induction scheduled so I'll definitely be disappointed if that happens.   

I'm up 40 pounds, which isn't too bad for 35 weeks with twins (started out at an average weight) -- but I'd rather have crazy excessive weight gain than the horrific amount of stretch marks I currently am dealing with.  It's so much more than I realized was even possible!
  • @anonellis I love that you're only at 40 lbs because it's less than the 60 that your MIL gained when she was pregnant. She was the one that was obsessed with your weight gain, right :D ? When is your induction scheduled?

I am keeping a glimmer of hope alive, but I'm also trying to be realistic about things. I don't want to be even more disappointed a couple weeks from now when a section becomes 100% certain. 

For whatever reason, my mom is CONVINCED that I'm going to go into labor any day, but talking to her about it is driving me completely nuts... Don't tell me it'll be any day when I know it could be up to 32 more days!!! She was also convinced I was having girls... (they're definitely boys), so I'm not sure I buy in to her hunches.

I am dreading when I get to the point where I have 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 lbs of baby! I don't know how moms do it with higher order multiples!