February 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change (2/1)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind? 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (2/1)

• Options
    How far along are you? 37 weeks!!

How big is baby? Romaine Lettuce

When is your next appointment? Thursday, they are weekly now!

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Not that I notice, we'll see what my cervix check shows tomorrow.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Getting excited to meet baby! We have our car seat installed and we own everything we need for the baby though I still need to wash all the clothes, sterilize the breast pump parts/bottles, build the changing table/crib/glider... It'll get done, 3 weeks is plenty of time...

GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind? I'm doing good. My fear of labor is starting to subside as I get more excited to meet the baby. I'm struggling to get comfortable ever but I know this won't last forever and it's keeping me going. I really need to remember to have DH take a pic of me b/c I have very few pictures of my bump and while I cringe when I look in the mirror now I'm sure I'll wish I had a couple pictures in the future.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? I think bump said Papaya

When is your next appointment? this afternoon

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Not yet

Rant/Rave/Questions? Getting excited to meet baby! Super stressed with work and H being a butthead.

GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind? Kind of miserable. Everything hurts, I can't sleep and having lots of personal problems at the moment. I am supposed to be having a baby "sprinkle" this weekend, and not looking forward to it at all. :( possibly talking to doctor about how down I have been feeling, as I'm afraid it is a precursor for some nasty PPD.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    38 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    3.1 kg
    When is your next appointment? 
    next Thursday. I had one this morning.
    Any signs that baby could be coming soon? 
    Nope! Thank goodness, too. She needs to stay put until the 11th.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Getting more uncomfortable by the day. Kid is really making the most of the space, it seems.
    GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind?
    If it wasn't for the slight detail of SO not flying in until the 11th, and me wanting to have the apartment ready before baby comes (just cleaning - nothing major), I wouldn't mind her coming early. But our hospital only waits until 41+0 before inducing, anyway. So not much more time to wait either way.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    38 weeks (+1 day since it's after midnight & I can't sleep)

Appointments: I had my last one today! During my non-stress test, baby had another heart rate deceleration. They decided to admit me for induction. 
    (PS @marriedhamstermom you don't always have the time left you think you do! But it will be ok). 

Signs baby is coming soon? Yes- induction in progress! :)
    I'm getting pretty constant pressure and contractions are bothering me a bit more. 

Rant? I'm still undecided about getting the epidural, but not comfortable enough to sleep. I'm going to be so tired, but can't decide if sleep is reason enough to get it now. Maybe I won't need it? Meanwhile my DH is snoring away in the lounge chair nearby. Grr!

GTKY: I'm doing ok. Still hard to believe my baby is coming soon! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Rachelbd sorry to hear how stressed you are! I agree talking to your doctor now is a good idea. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hehe I know we might not have the 3 weeks, I think we're going to try and get the stuff built this weekend just in case! 

@FreshBakedBrownies sending you good vibes! I hope you were able to get some rest before the baby comes!! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I forgot to do this yesterday, but it's my last one, so I'm going to do it now, dammit!

How far along are you? 
    37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce

When is your next appointment? Friday at 37+2.  Also my last appointment.

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Going in for induction at 5pm on Sunday.  Eep!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just trying to figure out what last-minute things I'm completely forgetting.  I feel super prepared, which is making me think I've missed something huge.

GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind? I'm ready to be done, and I don't care who judges me for it.  The discomfort that's come along with pre-e has really put me over the edge.  My hands and feet hurt all the time, but especially in the mornings.  I have to have my husband rub my hands just to get the blood moving so I can function in the mornings.  And my belly is sore and sensitive all the time.  I'm just whining now, but I will definitely be ready to make this inside baby an outside baby.  I don't even care anymore how my squishy belly is going to look.  I just want everything to stop hurting.
  • Options

GTKY: how are you doing? Just in general, how are you feeling and what's on your mind? I'm ready to be done, and I don't care who judges me for it.  The discomfort that's come along with pre-e has really put me over the edge.  My hands and feet hurt all the time, but especially in the mornings.  I have to have my husband rub my hands just to get the blood moving so I can function in the mornings.  And my belly is sore and sensitive all the time.  I'm just whining now, but I will definitely be ready to make this inside baby an outside baby.  I don't even care anymore how my squishy belly is going to look.  I just want everything to stop hurting.

SITB

I don't have pre e, but the discomfort that has come with the intense swelling has pushed me to this point as well. I have two pairs of shoes that fit - hiking boots and uggs (super professional at work). I miss my wedding rings. I have tingling in every extremity when I'm going to bed, and when I walk around at night the fluid in my feet wiggles around. My hand joints also tighten up so much at night that I can't grasp my phone charger cord to unplug it and need to lobster claw it between my thumb and hand. 

I'm so excited our babies are going to start coming on Sunday night @NiceyMeany so we can get some relief. I know it may take a few weeks for the swelling to actually go down, but at least we won't still be on a course of getting worse instead of getting better. It sounds like the induction isn't what either of us wanted, but my goodness this is tough. 
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany I'm sorry to hear about your dx! I was induced with DS for PIH/maybe borderline pre-e -- I think I had all the symptoms except protein (though I never did more than the standard urine sample). My feet hurt from how much my skin was stretched with swelling!! Stopping work and keeping them elevated above my heart as much as possible helped some. But the end is in sight - you can do it!