December 2016 Moms

Re: Monday BF 1.30.17

• Options
    Here's my BF. Our bedroom is super cold, so we're having ducts extended and another vent put in our floor. Cool, right? 

Except the work is being done today, when I'm here by myself with the baby and our two neurotic dogs. I hate when dudes are here working on the house, because (1) I have to get dressed, and (2) it just sucks having strangers in the house. Plus the dogs bark and cry constantly, so that will be fun to hear for hours. And it's my birthday! So much for a (somewhat) relaxing day. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @Lisa3379!  Hope things start to look better.  

I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and then didn't nap this AM when LOnapped bc I had a painful plugged milk duct.  I think that problem is finally solved but it sucked and I'm so tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday @Lisa3379 !! Not the best way to spend your birthday... I hope you have something good planned soon to make up for it!

My BF is my husband. He gets SO MAD at the baby when she cries and he can't fix it immediately. He works from home and his job already puts him on edge, so I understand why he wants her to stop quickly, but she's a baby! She's going to cry! I think he should be able to handle it for 20 minutes while I do the dishes or pump upstairs. Raising your voice to a baby does nothing to help the situation... I feel like after 11 weeks he should know this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think I got my period, I thought pumping would have bought me some time but no my body is efficient. Meh
  • Options
    @yellingbanana you go girl, buy all the nursing clothes!!!  Guys do not hesitate to drop serious dough on clothing, so why do we always have such a guilt complex about  it? 
    All my clothes look terrible on me, this belly pooch makes me look pregnant still so i am really hating on my wardrobe right now. And my body, although I know there is a reason and hopefully it can be corrected, but I still hate only having a few things to wear. Going back to work and looking presentable next week is going to be a challenge 
  • Options
    Happy (belated) birthday @Lisa3379

@ea301 my h gets really frustrated, too. He doesn't raise his voice or anything but his whole demeanor changes and he gets very short and agitated. It's hard to watch, but I know it's something he needs to work through. I just think in a lot of ways women are often wired for this stage better than men. I feel like I'm constantly saying, "she's just a baby... she's just a baby..." He is way better with our 2.5 year old because he likes like she can communicate why she's crying. 
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 - I'm glad yours doesn't raise his voice. It is so frustrating for me to see/hear him yell at a baby. It seems insane to me. I completely agree that moms are more hardwired for this. I can count on one hand (or maybe two) the number of times I've wanted to yell at LO. I think it happens for him multiple times a day. I hope things get better as LO gets older! I feel bad that he gets so irritated so often, but can't help getting a little mad at him for being so hot-headed with my baby!  

• Options
    l9il9i member
    edited January 2017
    @Lisa3379 Happy Birthday!

A late MBF is my coworker that likes to come to work sick.  She was out yesterday and thought she had strep.  She shows up today "It's not strep, just a virus.  My fever went down some so I thought I'd come in." What the what??  My boss and other coworkers made her go home after lunch.  We have a very generous sick plan, she has at least what I have which is 7 weeks.  I just don't understand why she comes to work sick, makes a big deal about how she is sick, and then people complain and make her go home because she's either complaining, looks like she's going to fall over, or is hacking over everything and everyone.  She's the type that I'm guessing she does it to seem "dedicated" when it just makes her seem inconsiderate.  We work in a close area.  I'm on one side, not wanting to get sick and pass germs on to a newborn.  My coworker on the other side has a compromised immune system.  Ughhh.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    Another not MBF post... Wyatt started daycare Monday and I went back to work. I pick him up yesterday and they explain that we have to take his bottles home each night to wash and bring back. Um, OK. The one teacher asked if we had been told that, and I said no. Now I wonder what else weren't we told on our first day, ya know? FTM and we have no idea what to do. We have some experience from picking up a couple of our nephews, but everything is different. It's a good place, just wish more assistance would have been given that first day.

I can see why people send more bottles with and am sure that's normal. I just hope I don't forget to bring them one morning.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    @Kacie209 ask the daycare for a Parent Handbook. If they are licensed then they should have one. There are so many details to daycare, I had my own the other year and there are so many little things. But I was nice and just kept and washed the bottles, it's just easier for me. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana We got something when we first toured the place, which was pretty detailed, but didn't say anything about the bottles. It's minor, but would have been nice to know. And yes... lots of details I am sure!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**