October 2016 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 01.30.2017

• @AllyTheKid Do you use a particular website when you are applying for scholarships?
  • @Ladybug2821 I haven't fallen down the online scholarships rabbit hole (yet). My school keeps a large binder of scholarships that have been extended to the school and the scholarships within our own departments, I look through all them, see which ones I am qualified for, then they usually provide a link to their own wedsite, where you can find the process and requirements. Most require an essay, some with an advisor's recommendation, and every once in a while you'll find a bogus one. 
    I have a folder somewhere that an advisor gave me in 2015 that has some legitimate scholarships websites in it though. I'll try to locate that then get back with you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @AllyTheKid Thanks!  That would be awesome. 
  • So of course now that I'm going to be returning to work soon, LO wants to start going to bed later and waking up more than once. She was consistently sleeping 9-5/5:30 and then waking up for the day at 8 which is perfect for my work schedule. Now she's been going to sleep b/t 10 & 11  and waking up at 3:30 and then 6. This is not going to work  :s.
  • @Ladybug2821 it could be the 4 month sleep regression. My LO is going through it and he went from waking up twice to five to six times per night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BabySunshine4 Ughhh, does that include naps too?  We've basically had to hold her for her to take a nap for the past 3 days. 
  • from what I read it does mess up the nap schedule too. I thought this was helpful https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/4-month-sleep-regression 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BabySunshine4 thank you for the link.. very helpful info on there! I definitely need to move my girls bedtime up, she hasn't been going down for the night until 10:15
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm on the *4 month sleep regression* is BS train. Soo annoying.. Just when you are getting into a routine and better sleep.. BAM--no sleep!

• Is this also what they call leap 4?  LO has also been super whiny since this all started. She even makes the whiny sound when being held.  It's basically all day long. It has replaced her normal babble which I loved to hear. 
  • The 4 month sleep regression sucks!!
  • @Ladybug2821 I can not for the life of me find that folder, but I have to go to a meeting today with the financial aid department and my advisor so I'll ask if they have a list of websites while I'm there.

You guys... I am so ready for February to fly by so I can have my sweet little love bug back. This phase is the infant version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!
  • Does anyone know what app it is where you can put the milestones and baby's age on the pic?
  • @Ladybug2821 I know quite a few who use photofy

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Now that the LO's are efficient eaters, are you still changing them when you do their MOTN feeding?  I find if I do that LO will be wide awake and it takes forever to get her back to sleep. 
  • @Ladybug2821 I use Photofy, and I don't change nighttime diapers unless they are too full, close to being too full, or he poops. 
  • I MISS ALL YOU GIRLS! I'm starting to get bummed out. I don't have any real life friends, so things dwindling down on here is quite depressing ;(
  • @Ladybug2821 I'm with Ally on this one. Not unless absolutely necessary. We have never had an issue with diaper rash but if she did then I probably would change her in the MOTN

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I MISS ALL YOU GIRLS! I'm starting to get bummed out. I don't have any real life friends, so things dwindling down on here is quite depressing ;(
    :( I'm trying to help keep it going with different threads here and there for the group we have now. I lurked during pregnancy so I can see how much the group has shrunk. 
  • @Ladybug2821 I know you are. Maybe there will be a return once babies start sleeping real well and people get adjusted to their new routines? 
  • So now I have Paula Cole's song where have all the cowboys gone stuck in my head but I'm replacing the word cowboys with bumpies. lolz 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • They all went to Facebook, or are busy being real life people with... real lives. And stuff. Overrated stuff.  

You guise...
    The oilfield is springing back to life, and my FI was a roughneck before the crash. He just came across a job opportunity that will more than triple our current income, but it will require him to be away for two weeks at a time then home for two weeks.
    Sure, two weeks OFF sounds great when he's home but, when he's not... That's two weeks of me trying to raise four children and go to school completely alone. This job would literally require that I viritually be a single mother 6 entire months out of the year... I'm just not being blinded by the dollar signs the same way he is. The only PRO I see is the money, which we have already experienced being ripped away from us during the crash of '14. We lost EVERYTHING... I'm just not ready to go through that again. I don't trust the oil industry from a business scope, an economic scope, and that's WITHOUT the bias I have as a tree-hugger. But we won't get into that.
    He, however, feels stuck where he is and feels like this is what he needs to get out of his rut.
  • @AllyTheKid I can see how that can be good and bad news. I completely understand not wanting to be alone for such a long period of time especially with so much on your plate. You can look at it as maybe a temporary way to boost your income while he is able to go there. If he left his current job would they be willing to take him back?
  • So AF decided to show up without warning. I was really hoping it would stay away the entire time I'm BF. It has already caused a drop in my milk supply so now I'm having to increase my oatmeal intake to an amount I really don't want to consume and drink tons more water. I've also noticed my hair is falling out and acne is appearing. Gee, thanks hormones  :s.
  • If I'm having low supply issues wouldn't LO just nurse for longer?  With AF returning I feel like my supply has dipped and along with that LO has been getting very fussy while attempting to BF. She'll suck for about 5 mins and then get fussy and give up. I've had to give her a bottle the last 2 days because she's gotten so hungry in the evening. Is she just getting lazy?
  • @AllyTheKid
    Can you use some of that oil money to hire help with the momming?

• @AllyTheKid I think it's important to make the decision together or else down the road one may have resentment or animosity towards the other. A man has a desire to provide for his family but also to care for his woman so if you are leaning towards not taking the job maybe just tell him how much you need him to keep you grounded. Definitely a tough call though, keep us posted.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Ladybug2821 I'm also going through some supply issues and baby is definitely getting frustrated at the breast. I want to keep nursing her but have had to bottle feed her a couple ounces to take the edge off her hunger and frustration. It seems to help her stay on the breast longer then she would without giving her the bottle beforehand. Good luck! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • BFing is just hard. You think you got the hang of it and then all hell breaks loose. I thought it was a supply issue but it was actually her reflux again. Turns out she's allergic to tomato also and was in pain  :'(.
  • So every time baby V  poops it somehow leaks out the diaper. We don't have this issue with pee. Is it time to size up her diaper? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvice said:
    So every time baby V  poops it somehow leaks out the diaper. We don't have this issue with pee. Is it time to size up her diaper? 
    We had that issue also. It was going up her back so we went to size 2. Now it just comes out the leg part  :s.  Her legs are too skinny so I'm thinking I need to try a a different brand of diaper all together. Right now we are using huggies snug n dry. 
  • @Ladybug2821 They would take him back in a heartbeat- he is their premier welder and fabricator. I'm just having a hard time getting on board with this idea.
    My hair is falling out too, still.
    It sounds like she just isn't wanting to work that hard for the milk... don't give up on it though! Your body just needs time to re adjust to AF. Hang in there momma!

@RainMira9e I probably could, but I wouldn't want to. My concern is more at night time anyway, and to be completely honest, it's not just about me having to wrangle the children myself. I do that all day everyday until 6pm anyway, it's more of a "I'm terrified of being alone at night" thing. And the fact that my beautiful babies will be relying on my puny self to protect them...

Re- diapers:
    I've been using the Parent's Choice brand from Walmart, and they are actually really great. Johnny has skinny legs too and these fit him the best so far.
  • +1 for weight plateau and hair loss

Also, I'm riding the struggle bus  over my decision to go back to work full-time. I've not even been back for 2 full months yet. I see baby learning and developing so much lately, I want to be with her every step of the way. It doesn't help that at my job I'm exposed to  many germs, one of which I caught and passed on to her resulting in her getting sick and losing weight. She is only in the 8 percentile now. Ugh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice That is a tough one =/ I went back to work full time after DD, but I didn't really have a choice, we needed me to at the time. Would you guys be okay if you didn't? That's always the biggest hurdle, I think.
  • Anybody else having trouble losing their baby belly?

(By 'trouble' in my case, I mean lack of will-power to stay away from things I KNOW I shouldn't be eating or drinking, and no motivation to exercise whatsoever)

I bitch about my weight all the time. I bitch about not fitting into my clothes anymore, and I bitch about not wanting to buy a new wardrobe- but I'm doing nothing about it and have found a new passion for chocolate that was but a weak flame before Johnny arrived. I need to get onto the fitness wagon, but I'm struggling to hop on.

How, other than looking in the mirror and not liking what you see, do you get yourselves motivated to move?
  • @AllyTheKid It really is tough to stay motivated. The thing that helps me is I like to go outside instead of being couped up in the house. So I've been finding different parks to go to in the area so S and I can take walks. I also recently started doing some tummy exercises for after a c-section. I do them when S does tummy time since I'm on the floor anyway. I thought going dairy free would help the diet part but instead I just find bad things to eat that are dairy free. I do need to start doing other things like squats though because any muscle I had is gone. 
  • I just broke down and ordered a waist trainer on Amazon @Ladybug2821 I'm going to wear it throughout the day and start doing my Brazil Butt Lift videos again. And start calorie counting again... (Boo)