January 2016 Moms

Molars

for you ladies who have LOs with molars already, how did it go? My LO has been super cranky the last few days and when I look in her mouth the bottom right gums where molars would go seems really swollen and shes been waking up crying in the night. Could it be that shes getting them? She never really had issues with her other teeth so I'm not sure what its like to go through teething. She aso had her shots a week ago so maybe that too..

Re: Molars

• Aurora never had problem with her other teeth. But we noticed when her molars were coming in, super cranky. Last week she got shots plus two molars were coming in at once and she was almost unbearable to be around. Used lots on Tylenol and orajel last week. 
  • Omg I hate molars. Gina has been super cranky and whiny for the last week and when I checked I see that she's getting her molars. I've been using Motrin to keep us all sane! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah I'm hoping its molars! There better be a good reason for her crankiness!!!! 
  • Graham has his bottom 2 molars and was miserable the week they were coming in! Waking in the night, clingy, all day fussing, and awful diapers. Motrin definitely helped. I occasionally use hylands teething tabs and they really helped as well. His gums were super swollen a few days before the teeth finally popped through.
  • mestokes said:
    Graham has his bottom 2 molars and was miserable the week they were coming in! Waking in the night, clingy, all day fussing, and awful diapers. Motrin definitely helped. I occasionally use hylands teething tabs and they really helped as well. His gums were super swollen a few days before the teeth finally popped through.
    This sounds like my LO to a T right now. The clingyness is at a all time high! Hopefully it passes soon.
  • We have them all. They took along time to come through all the way, he was pretty miserable. 
  • Ya I think thats what is going on. Her once swollen gums now have a small red spot on them which she gets when teeth are coming. 
  • For those of you who have LO's with molars...how many other teeth do they have? Wren has only four teeth (middle two on the bottom and top), with two more on the top just having popped through last week. She has been SO cranky this week, which I thought was due to the two that just popped through, but now when I look in the back of her mouth, her gums are super swollen. I just feel like she shouldn't be getting her molars since she has so few teeth in the front. Has anyone else experienced this??
  • cyanope said:
    For those of you who have LO's with molars...how many other teeth do they have? Wren has only four teeth (middle two on the bottom and top), with two more on the top just having popped through last week. She has been SO cranky this week, which I thought was due to the two that just popped through, but now when I look in the back of her mouth, her gums are super swollen. I just feel like she shouldn't be getting her molars since she has so few teeth in the front. Has anyone else experienced this??
    Gina has 7 teeth, 3 on the bottom and 4 on the top. She's currently in the horrible process of getting all molars.  I guess it's possible that your little one is getting her molars even though she just got her bottom and top teeth. From what I read Molars can start can start anywhere between 12-18 months. 
  • My girl has 8 front teeth (top and bottom 4) and very swollen molar area on the right - it looks painful just looking at it! Poor thing. She hasn't been cranky yet but i'm expecting it soon.
  • cyanope said:
    For those of you who have LO's with molars...how many other teeth do they have? Wren has only four teeth (middle two on the bottom and top), with two more on the top just having popped through last week. She has been SO cranky this week, which I thought was due to the two that just popped through, but now when I look in the back of her mouth, her gums are super swollen. I just feel like she shouldn't be getting her molars since she has so few teeth in the front. Has anyone else experienced this??
     My little guy has 10 teeth... the front 8 and two bottom molars. He is in the process of getting two top molars they are poking through the gums finally but seem to be taking a lot longer!
  • cyanope said:
    Gina has 7 teeth, 3 on the bottom and 4 on the top. She's currently in the horrible process of getting all molars.  I guess it's possible that your little one is getting her molars even though she just got her bottom and top teeth. From what I read Molars can start can start anywhere between 12-18 months. 
    Funny you say that. Claire had 4 top three bottom and I'm thinking molars coming in. I thought it was super weird that the last bottom one wasnt in, yet shes getting molars. At least I'm not alone!
  • Oh good Lord. I think Violet has them coming in. She's been incredibly cranky and clingy for over a week. Mommy is going crazy
  • Have any of you had your LOs gum bleed with molar eruption? I was giving Molly albuterol treatment (the never ending winter colds!) and her mouth was full of blood. She had pink drool running out! 
    It seems finished now but my goodness that was a bit scary. Her poor gum looks so mangled :( 

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Oh and she has 8 teeth- Molar makes 9
    Griffin is getting #8 and I am starting to see the molar bulge. My tiny Maggie has 4

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• @kelley421 my LO had bleeding gums with several of his teeth erupting. It's totally normal, but really freaky the first time it happens.
  • @Kelley421 my little guy did before one of his molars! He got this nasty looking blister thing and then was bleeding. The ped said that's normal! 
  • Is my LO the only one that whines All. Day. Long. with these friggin molars coming in!?! Holy mother of..
  • @JanuarysBaby1 no! Same here. And the drool is coming out in buckets! Not to mention, when I got up this morning, my LO had paint all over her mouth from chewing on the side of the crib. Time to go get those cover things! Teething sucks!!
  • @JanuarysBaby1 YES! Whining allllllllllllll day long. It's driving me insane haha 
  • All day (and night) whining here, too... so over it. Brynlee has 7 teeth, 4 top, 3 bottom. I finally got a decent carrier and I've been using it pretty much all day just so she's not chasing after me screaming. But her sleep?! Or lack there of... She will ONLY sleep of she's being held at night. Anyone else debating the whiskey on the gums? I'm seriously getting close to that point.
  • @BarrettJ89 I haven't done it and don't think I would HOWEVER I have heard it works wonders and after listening to all this whining I don't think I would even judge anyone who tried it lol 
  • kaym6 said:
    @BarrettJ89 I haven't done it and don't think I would HOWEVER I have heard it works wonders and after listening to all this whining I don't think I would even judge anyone who tried it lol 
    Agreed! Lol 
  • kaym6 said:
    @BarrettJ89 I haven't done it and don't think I would HOWEVER I have heard it works wonders and after listening to all this whining I don't think I would even judge anyone who tried it lol 
    Agreed! Lol 
    Agree as well!! Haha
  • Awww!!! My LO just broke teeth #13 and #14!!! He has been teething non stop for a few months but these ones seem to be kicking his butt. Hopeful our poor LO gets a break after these ones. Anyone else getting canines?
  • @BarrettJ89 I am also getting really close to using Whiskey on the gums. My sweet baby who sleeps through the night has turned into a whiny little gremlin who wakes up every 4 hours wanting to nurse...
  • @Cricket99 Brynlee has always been a terrible sleeper... but we have had to hold her literally all night, every night. Her poor gums look like mountain ridges right now. She wakes up frequently during the night, but loses her mind when we try to give her a bottle or her paci... so effing tired... and sore. Because the couch sucks. 
  • Alright y'all, judge at will... we tried the whiskey on the gums. Literally barely enough to get the tip of my finger wet, which probably ended up more so on her hands, clothes, and lips during the fight to open her mouth, then a quick swipe on her left side and on her right. She slept. She didn't fight going to sleep for the first time in her life. 11 pm until 6 am, took a bottle and went back down until 9 am. I honestly feel like with some caffeine, I might be able to function today! 
  • Alright y'all, judge at will... we tried the whiskey on the gums. Literally barely enough to get the tip of my finger wet, which probably ended up more so on her hands, clothes, and lips during the fight to open her mouth, then a quick swipe on her left side and on her right. She slept. She didn't fight going to sleep for the first time in her life. 11 pm until 6 am, took a bottle and went back down until 9 am. I honestly feel like with some caffeine, I might be able to function today! 
    Good to know lol
  • @JanuarysBaby1 When my son was teething, I had a coworker with a little boy a few months older and she suggested doing it... her exact words, about her son, were that "the whiskey took the Satan right out of him!" I can't even tell you how hard I laughed...
    I obviously don't plan to do this every night, but on those unbearable teething nights, I think it will be a consideration.
  • Its good to know! Definitely not judging at all! 
  • No judgment here either.  DS is still working on some of his front teeth and it's been he'll.  I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to get when his molars start coming in.
  • Glad you finally got some sleep!!! My mom did the same thing to me when I was little and I turned out just fine! 
  • mestokes said:
    Glad you finally got some sleep!!! My mom did the same thing to me when I was little and I turned out just fine! 
    That's what my parents told me too... I'd like to think I turned out alright ;)
  • kodariah said:
    Awww!!! My LO just broke teeth #13 and #14!!! He has been teething non stop for a few months but these ones seem to be kicking his butt. Hopeful our poor LO gets a break after these ones. Anyone else getting canines?
    LO got bottom canines and four molars allllll at once! He was pretty whiny and "in a way" (as DH likes to say) for weeks! It seemed to especially worsen his hatred for the car/stroller/anything that kept him from running wild and free. He literally ended up with me holding him upside down on his head a few times due to his theatrics while trying to get strapped in to the car seat... It was comical really. Fingers crossed, that seems to have subsided finally this week. 

@BarrettJ89 glad she finally slept! Hope it starts to get better for both of you soon
  • @SDaniels19 this is exactly us! 4 molars and 2 possibly 3 canines in the past month (won't ever let me get a good look) It has been a tough time!

How's everyone doing brushing all these teeth? My pediatrician said twice a day to wipe or brush them but he is SO resistant. I used to be able to wipe them with a washcloth but now that he has molars he bites! Lol 
  • We only have 4 teeth so far and reading this is making me dread what's ahead!! 

As as far as brushing we have a little tooth brush that has rubber nubbies. I let LO play with it and "brush" her own teeth for a few mins and then I give them a more thorough clean. She likes helping and is proud. And I think letting her do it first helps.
  • We have a little silicone brush also. It makes a squeaking noise on his teeth so I make the noise too and LO thinks it's funny so he'll usually let me get a few brushes ("squeakies" as I tell him) before he just bites it. I let him play with it after that though and he loves it. I figure biting it is probably good for his teeth too, kind of like doggie chew treats? LOL
  • Brushing just gets harder and harder for us.  The goal now is just to get the brush to touch all his teeth at least once a day.  We're only successful about half the time.  We have a dentist appt next month, maybe they'll have some suggestions.
  • @nackie If they do please come back and share!