Infertility

March FET Buddies

Kicking this off, as I'll be transferring March 1st. : )
Me: 32, Hubs: 36
Married: September 2013
TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
DH started Clomid Oct 2015
April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
   Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
   Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
   It's a GIRL! :)
   EDD: November 16, 2017
   Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
<3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: March FET Buddies

• caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited January 2017
    Hi!!! I should be finally in the right FET month board! Looking at a late Feb ER, so hoping for a late March FET...I hope! :lol:
  • Yay @caseyw8784 ! Hoping for you to join soon!

I've already created a spreadsheet. I'll hold down the fort for a bit until we get more March FETers. : )
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Already stalking this board hahaha. Get yourselves knocked up y'all!!! Come on March!!!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - long time no "see"! How have you been? Hoping your pregnancy has been easy so far! :smile:
  • @caseyw8784 Pregnancy has actually been going really smoothly (knock on wood) but emotionally it hasn't been easy at all! I've been so nervous and paranoid, but that is finally starting to ease a bit. I think after everything we go through with IF it's just conditioned our brains to expect the worst. But I'm starting to train my brain to be hopeful and excited (and I AM getting more and more excited with each passing day)! So glad to hear that you will finally be cycling soon, you've waited so long for this!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'm just so excited to see all of your successes in the near future!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - don't be silly about hijacking the thread! i'm sure @LeFemmeViolette will agree, this thread just got started so there wasn't much discussion yet! and it's cool that you're stalking this board! I've been trying to stalk the PAIF threads to see how everyone from way back when are doing and all. I completely get the nervousness and paranoia, but I'm glad that you're starting to be more hopeful and excited! :smile:

I'm excited and hoping to join all of you over on the other boards in the next few months!!
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    I so want to join you here..I'm now waiting to see if I have PGS normal embryos from my 2nd IVF (in the 1st one I ended up with no embryos)..so scared, because the quality was not great. I hoped for a Feb FET but I got OHSS and benched. So yeah, it hasn't been easy at all. 
  • @bestofjoy - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be joining us soon! :smile:
  • Hi gang.  I am anticipating my ER to be sometime next week and we are doing PGS testing so my FET will be sometime in March.  It seems so far away but hopefully it will go by quickly. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Hi gang!

My baseline ultrasound and endometrial scratch are tomorrow morning. Hoping things won't hurt too bad!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LeFemmeViolette - good luck for an easy US/endo scratch! i'll keep my FX that it won't hurt too much! :smile:
  • Hoooooly moly. Had my baseline and scratching done today. Everything looked good with the u/s, but good lord that endometrial scratch was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. Even the dr warned me ahead of time and was apologetic- said he hates doing this procedure but it's worth it. Better be...
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi guys I just had a CP a few days ago with a PGS embryo.  Waiting for AF to come to get back on the wagon. I'm thinking I will have a March FET so just thought I would join u guys.
  • AFM, just checking in...we are still waiting on insurance to renew our prior authorization (any day now, they say!), and then we can order meds and I can stop BCP. So it looks like a very late Feb/early March ER and then a late March/early April FET, depending on how long the PGD and PGS testing takes... :smile:
  • I already posted this on the FEb/March IVF boards, but since it might pertain to this board also, here we go!
    I just checked my insurance account online, and saw that they've approved prior authorization for this ivf cycle! So I'm hoping that my nurse at my RE's office will be able to get to work tomorrow (yay for blizzard #2? lol...) and we can order the meds and tell me when to take my last BCP. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to start stims! That would put me at a very late Feb/very early March ER, and hopefully a late March FET...but probably an early April FET at this point... :smile:
    edited February 2017
    Ok, so March FET it is for me. Out of 8 frozen embryos, only 2 are normal (wtf), the rest have all kinds of nasty/heartbreaking when googling trisomies and were boys. These two are only fair quality. It's like my ovaries are 43 although I'm only 35. This kind of explains why in over a year of TI and IUIs I didn't get even one single BFP (according to RE). Although I wonder if male DNA may also contribute to abnormal embryos, since DH is older, has low count and was sick. Why is it that the woman is usually the issue?

I am beyond terrified about the FET because this will probably be it for me, no more tries. I really wanted 2-3 babies but now it looks like I'm almost at the end of the road and no babies. 

@daniella144 My heart goes out to you, it's so heartbreaking to have PGS tested embryos and still get CPs. What did your RE offer as explanation, odds and recommendations for the next FET?
  • Welcome @daniella144 and @bestofjoy .

When you find out your FET dates let me know and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LeFemmeViolette  Thanks much. I won't know my FET date because I'm doing a natural and this cycle seems out of whack (no positive OPKs yet and I'm on day 16), maybe a cyst (I hope not)! I wanted a natural FET but my doc seems to want to sprinkle in some meds when AF starts...I don't know if I'm onboard with this though...
  • @LeFemmeViolette Just waiting for AF to start so I can get started on this next cycle. I'm hoping the doc lets me do this next cycle coming off from a CP this last cycle
  • I know this has been asked ad nauseam on the board, but how do you, March buddies prepare for FET? For example my RE doesn't believe in immunology testing, blood thinners, diet. He pretty much didn't offer any "prep" advice. I think I'll do acupuncture and pomegranate juice but that's about it. And try hard to relax (which I know it's going to be the hard part since I'm going through some rough times in my personal life)
  • @bestofjoy  For my first FET I didn't really do anything different. But for my 2nd FET I tried everything I'd heard of- acupuncture, no beverages with ice or ice cream, eating fresh pineapple slices, etc.

BFNs for both.

So, my advice is to do whatever it is that makes you feel better about your chances. The relaxing thing (though I know it seems impossible) is pretty important. I'm thinking about getting some massages this go-round leading up to my FET.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Only 6 of us in March so far? Pretty exclusive club we have here girls  :D
  • @bestofjoy - I think it's kinda cool....not as many ladies to keep track of... :wink:

AFM, my doctor sent the medication order monday morning. my insurance used CVS Caremark (from what i've heard...BLAH!) I called on tuesday to make sure they received the order, and yesterday where they said they were still verifying with insurance, and the lady said she put a rush on it. If i don't hear by lunchtime/noon, I'll be calling again. I want these darn meds so I can call my RE and be told to stop taking these BCPS! :neutral:
  • I'm thinking about doing something different for this FET. My RE's office has been a firm believer that you should not be resting after the transfer. For the past two FETs I've taken the day off work and while I didn't wasn't on 'bedrest' I still took it easy.

Thinking about not taking the day off this time so that I'm not tempted to netflix and chill on the couch...
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
    edited February 2017
    @caseyw8784 Almost there. And then the shots will be done before you know it. 

@LeFemmeViolette Interesting. I haven't asked about this yet. But it's mind boggling how every RE is different in so many ways and opinions on almost every aspect during this IVF process are so mixed and different. It just goes to show that IVF is a trial and error process at this point, with very few definitive knowns. 
  • @bestofjoy - almost there! it's really getting real, now! All my ducks are falling in a row - meds will be delivered to my office tomorrow (DH might be called back for jury duty so I don't want to risk it), I get to stop BCPs on Thursday Feb 23rd, and my baseline ultrasound/bloodwork will be Sunday Feb 26th! Unfortunately, since we have to PGD testing, I'll mostly likely be having a FET in early April now...boo. I'm still gonna hang out here in the meantime, though! :wink:
  • Hi ladies! I'll be joining here soon. My January fresh cycle was a bust so we're looking forward to a FET. I know I'll be seeing lots of familiar faces over here, which sucks, but glad to be in good company. 

@caseyw8784 I saw your jury duty stress on the other board. I'm a total true crime junkie so I would be sooo excited to be on that jury haha. But hubby can tell them that you guys are doing fertility treatments and they'll put him on duty another week. I had to do this for one of my IUI cycles. You get a gold star for patience though...geez! Glad things are all finally starting to fall into place for you!! 
    Me: 31  DH: 32  Dx: Unexplained
    TTC #1 off and on since 2010
    11/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    12/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    1/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    2/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    4/16 - Follistim + IUI = BFN
    5/16 - 11/16 - Life / WTFing / Pity Party / Saving $
    1/17 - IVF #1 (Fresh Transfer / 6 frosties) = BFN
    3/17 - FET.... BFP! EDD 11/29
  • caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited February 2017
    @lin&amp;say - haha, yes! in a way, i so want to be on this jury! the Pats fan in me is dying to go. Once my husband texted that he had been let out for the day, I called him and was all, "was hernandez there? did he look the same? did he get to ask the jurors any questions?" etc etc etc... :lol: But yea, DH kind of wants to be on this trial now, but he also knows that it's not the ideal time in terms of our ivf journey...haha. I'll let him know tonight that this could actually get him off the panel! :smile:
  • So my RE told me that the probability of a baby with one PGS normal embryo at 35 is 55%! Really? That seems awfully low and discouraging. Reading online I see other clinics say 70% for a PGS normal. 
  • @bestofjoy - statistics for ivf/infertility are still a puzzle to me. I think my RE's office is about 55% - 65% for under age 35. But I think these involve all the women and all of their diagnoses. I wonder what your RE would say if you asked what the success rate would be for someone with your same Dx?

For example, with DH and I, neither of us have any of the "classic" infertility problems - we are doing ivf to avoid passing on a single gene disorder that otherwise would have a 50% chance that a child of ours would be affected. My RE had said once that if we put back 2 good quality normal PGD/PGS embryos, the chances of twins is like, 65% - 75%. that kind of scared me! I don't know if it's really that high of a chance, it seems almost too high? 

Hopefully your RE can clarify for you! :smile:
    edited February 2017
    @caseyw8784 Exactly what you say, statistics are just averages across so many Dx. So for our particular dx and age, they should be different. But they don't have stats that granular and they probably just go with the safe, conservative estimate. 

Are you all doing a natural FET or medicated? What is the protocol like? I want to do a completely natural one, but the doc recommended letrozole and hcg. I'm still trying to decide what to do, take my chances and go natural or not.
  • @bestofjoy - the paperwork/schedule my doc gave me only outlines estrace for 10-14 days and then adding PIO for 6 more days before the transfer...which one would that be considered? Natural? if letrozole and hcg aren't mentioned?
  • First lining check today. Already at 9mm!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Everyone!
    I am starting baby aspirin and estrogen (pill and patch) on CD1 (which I am waiting impatiently for). Then I will do the progesterone IM injections.. has anyone done those yet?? I am super nervous - but I just did not want to do the suppositories twice a day. I am thinking the transfer will happen sometime mid-march. My fresh transfer did not result in pregnancy in January, so fingers crossed for the frozen!

Me 28, DH 30
    unexplained infertility
    7/2013 EP methotrexate
    1/2015 mc at 6 weeks
    7/2016 mc at 7 weeks
    1/2017 IVF #1 - fresh transfer 1 embryo, BFN
    3/2017 FET 

• @bestofjoy My RE also said 55% (although I'm 41) and H's jaw dropped that the stats were that low.  It's very scary. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @caseyw8784 That's a medicated FET. I think letrozole + hcg also counts as medicated, not natural. 
  • @LeFemmeViolette That's an awesome lining! Good start. 
  • Hi Ladies! Hoping I can come join you guys over here! Just had my ER a couple days ago and we are planning a freeze all with a hopeful FET at the end of March. I may end up the very first part of April but my RE hasn't given me an idea on transfer date yet. Still waiting for AF to come after ER. Hope she shows up soon! Looking forward to following along with you guys and hopefully seeing lots of BFPs!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
    edited February 2017
    @Mando15 Welcome! AF usually shows up earlier after ER (mine was after 10 days, I heard even earlier in other cases). Are you panning on jumping into FET right away after the ER cycle? I'm actually glad I wait a cycle because I had OHSS and I want to recalibrate emotionally and physically.