Options

Thursday Ticker Change 1/26

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's one thing that has surprised you about pregnancy so far?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 1/26

• Options
    NatSprat0703NatSprat0703 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks!!!

How big is baby? 
    a large plum

Nope, don't have one until 2/10 :(

I've been feeling less nauseous.  Yesterday I think I ate more in one day then I have this entire pregnancy. I ate and actually wanted all 3 meals.  And when I got home from work, I swear I ate everything in sight. The fatigue is still there though.  And I feel like I'm definately starting to get bigger.  Enter the I just look fat not pregnant stage haha

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My current rant is my sex drive.  When does it come back?!?! DH and I got in a big fight last night about not having sex.  I've been so nauseated and exhausted that I just don't want to do anything but sleep.  He's been really understanding about everything up to this point, I guess he just hit his wall?! Idk! 

I think the only thing that has surprised me is that I haven't been as moody as I thought I would be.  (yet...I'm sure that's coming). I was also surprised at how few ultrasounds you actually get with your doctor.  3, that's it, just 3 times that I get to see my little girl! I'm sure we will pay for a 3D one down the road though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Grape or Cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. Not scheduled for 12 week appt until 13+1, so I'm trying to reschedule that within the 12th week.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really! Still feeling pretty good. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We have decided to do the Counsyl Informed Pregnancy Screen, because my Aunt has Turners Syndrome and my brother also has a genetic disorder, and we want all the information possible. Has anyone else done this? I can't think of a question, other than how to deal with nerves and the unknown through the wait. I don't get my blood drawn until Feb 7 and I think results take a week or so. 

Probably that I've felt pretty good. I've been tired, had some mild queasiness, bloating and cravings, but I always imagined I'd be sick as a dog. I'm very thankful and hoping it stays this way. 
    It's also been really hard to keep it a secret! Finally telling my parents tomorrow, since we get to see them in person. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 I understand. I barely have a sex drive. We have sex once or twice a week now. Used to be daily. I often have no desire but I still let him touch me down there and that often leads me to wanting sex. It's always awkward though when I'm like yeah no not feeling it lol 
    Often we just do oral and not sex. I'm always down to receive oral, the annoying part is having to give it back lol but since we are sexual less, he orgasms faster so that's good...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks!! 

How big is baby? a brussel sprout or a lime...not sure what kind of lime...

Upcoming appointments this week? Not till Jan 30th! I can't wait! Last appt was over three weeks ago, these weeks have been dragging! Just want to make sure everything is looking good! I feel like i'm driving myself nuts! 

Any new symptoms or changes? My wave of nausea has sorta lightened. I feel like I'm always tired, might be fatigue. I'm starting to get hungry at all times...

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is it possible to see a bump this early? In my pelvic region there's a bulge, My belly i can see where I'm carrying water weight. How my hubby described it, "looks like a weird six pack". 

the heartburn surprised me last week, I never get heartburn. I hear your boobs get really big, mine are getting there, I'm still in the same bra, but it's getting tight. I'm curious how big they'll get...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks

How big is baby?
    Not sure what the bump says but my apps say jalapeno, kiwi, peach

Nope. None til Valentine's day

Nothing new. Still exhausted and always hungry which leads to nausea. Scared to step on the scale. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    so happy to be into the second trimester now!!

This is my second pregnancy so nothing surprising to me...
  • Options

How far along are you?
    13 weeks! The Bump app says it's one more week of the first trimester, so I'm a tad confused. 

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, not until the 14th. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I think the bloat is subsiding and the real bump is starting. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can't think of anything... that long thread about what to expect is super helpful. 

That it still feels abstract that we'll be having a child. People get all excited and Pin nursery themes and stuff, but we have a small two-bedroom place. If the child has to sleep in our room for a few months to help prevent sids, and our parents may take turns staying over to help, then the second bedroom is going to stay a guest room for awhile (we have tons of closet space and bookshelf space for child gear though, no worries there). I think a child doesn't care about decor, so why would I worry about making a cute bedroom? Maybe when the kid starts expressing an interest in zoo animals, robots, superheros or princesses we'll "decorate" a bit more. I don't know. I just haven't had any interest yet in "preparing" for this child outside of being a Bumpie and learning everything about having a safe and healthy pregnancy. I plan to take all the parenting classes of course and figure out daycare... but that other "stuff" people consider "fun" is like, meh. 
    I was a reluctant bride (in terms of wedding planning) too so maybe I'm just weird! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 different things say week 13 begins second trimester so I go with that! If you divide 40 weeks by 3, you get 13 weeks and 3 days per trimester. So really second trimester begins midway between week 13 and 14. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? Today!  Heartbeat is 156. Discussed VBAC with an unsupportive doctor so that sucked (I didn't like her in general though). 

Any new symptoms or changes? Heartburn can't make up its mind!  One day it's fine and the next it's horrible. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I really didn't like the doctor I saw today. She seemed to be all about telling me not to do a VBAC and never told me the heartbeat without me asking at the very end. I've never had a doctor not tell me the heartbeat without asking. 

How "different" one pregnancy can be compared to another (first vs second pregnancy). 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? plum

Upcoming appointments this week? have an appt today with a new practice. have to take my 2 toddlers with me. in the middle of naptime. i like a challenge/impossible feat obvi.

Any new symptoms or changes? starting to feel better during longer stretches of the day.

Rants/Raves/Questions? ladies that are doing genetic testing, does your insurance cover that? mine stated that my ob would need to deem it medically necessary for it to be partially covered. how much do they run normally?

third pregnancy, not really surprised about anything. and i like to be hyper-informed about things pertaining to my body so i wasn't really surprised with my first pregnancy either. oh, i guess i can make something up: i was surprised that you don't really start showing until you're about halfway through your pregnancy.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks :)

How big is baby? 
    a plum 
    no appointments until Feb 21st :( I think it is because I just started seeing my ob, after being with an RE for the first 10 weeks, so I saw my OB at week 11, so I don't get to see my Ob again until week 15.
    Insomnia! When it strikes, it sucks!!! I was exhausted Saturday night and literally could not sleep! I was a walking zombie on Sunday.  i also have a deep craving for anything sour, Warheads and pickles have been my go to food.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I break out like a teenager and I am hating it! What ever happen to this pregnancy glow I have heard about?! 

Some days I feel great and others days I feel horrible, there is literally no in between.  And things that used to only be mildly annoying, drive me insane now. 
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Rgriffin91
    I was told the maternity21 is two thousand dollars. My insurance won't cover it as it's not medically necessary. However, I called the company that does the billing, and they have an arrangement with my insurance (basically like a coupon) where they're just charging me $200 anyway. It's totally out of pocket, won't count towards my deductible.
    Not sure about the other genetics tests but nope, not cheap. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week? 1/30, 1st official appointment! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? Mostly just excited to see the doctor, ultrasound, and hear the heartbeat! 

This is my third pregnancy, and my husband has kicked it into high gear getting things prepared and projects knocked off our list.  (He never did that with the first two until month 8!)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? have an appt on Tuesday. I don't think there's much to be done except to make sure baby is growing as expected.

Any new symptoms or changes? Still frequently tired, have no sex drive, feel queasy when I need to eat, and getting acid reflux from sharp cheese.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has little recollection of first pregnancy and seems surprised at my lack of sex drive. As far as prenatal testing goes, I expect that I will get the Maternity21 test again and that it will be covered (again) because I'm high-risk and AMA.

I'm surprised that I'm not more exhausted! With baby #1 I remember coming home from work feeling absolutely drained and dozing on the couch by 7pm. I'm going to bed earlier than usual, but I'm able to hang on a bit longer, even after chasing around a three year-old. 

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    A donut hole.
    NT Scan the 31st
    Not really.  
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not this time.
    The worry and impatience of it all.
  • Options
    morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited January 2017

How far along are you? 

13 weeks and I'm totally calling it week 1 of 2nd trimester! 

How big is baby? 
    A lemon
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    9 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    An olive?
    I have an Us appointment on the 1st to see if they're monochorionic or dichorionic. 
    Peeing a lot more. I feel like seconds after I empty my bladder, I need to go again. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nothing yet. I'm anxiously awaiting my next appointment to find out more info. I've been driving myself crazy reading birthing stories and nightmares about the first few weeks at home.
    This pregnancy has been really easy so far. I would have expected to feel much sicker and more tired, but I'm still up until 11 each night with no problem.
  • Options
    @bumpybump, I'm sorry that doctor was so unsupportive. What does your regular OB say in regards to a VBAC? Do all of the doctors in the practice have differing opinions and how will that work when making your decision?
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    @OTmom3 I made sure to schedule my next appointment with my regular OB who I totally trust. Plus, I know he's a VBAC supporter. There's been some chatter on the local ICAN FB page about the practice I go to being generally against VBACs (but they have pointed out that my reg OB is supportive). So I could be fighting a losing battle, especially since there's no way to know who would deliver.  I haven't made up my mind one way or the other but having a doc tell me only negatives when I know there are positives too, just sucks!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 
    10 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Strawberry
    I had my first one yesterday! Love my new midwife! Both DH and I got great vibes.
    I feel about the same. The nausea has been a little less intense this week and I've had two nights in a row of solid sleep (that hasn't happened since about 5 weeks). Can't wait for the 2nd tri energy.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Is it possible to have round ligament pain this early??
    Hmm... I guess the lack of good sleep so early. I feel like that didn't happen until third tri last time. My MW gave me some great tips though and so far, so good. Idk if I can function like this until the baby is sleeping through the night.

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks

How big is baby?
    A plum or apricot

Tomorrow, thank heaven!

Nothing new, just all the same nasty nausea that I've had every single day since Nov 16th!  When will this nausea end!?!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I guess how difficult it is.  I knew it would be hard (I've been through a lot of physical challenges before), but I feel like such a wimp!
  • Options
    @bwing10 I'm right there with you!  Where's my "pregnancy glow"?  My skin hasn't been this bad since I was a teenager and my eczema is acting up too.  We'll pull through!
  • Options
    Hey, STMs? I just thought of a question. It's not about birth or pregnancy so I didn't add to that to thread, but it's kind of random. 

I really want to carry my kid as much as possible rather than use a stroller. I was looking online and many carriers are either a) shockingly expensive or b) had oddball reviews. Like, I saw a Baby Bjorn that wasn't expensive, but a reviewer said it didn't hold their kid in proper form leading to the kid's hips being out of whack or not supporting the head enough.. Then, I read some of those wrap-looking things get really hot- and we're all obviously having summer babies so hotness is a concern. One review said a wrap caused their infant's head to bend too far forward. Scary. 

Very confused! Any product ideas? Some of the brands sound like Greek to me too, so. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I have had a bjorn, moby, boba, ergo, and Tula. My DS liked the bjorn and boba best when he was tiny. When he got older he preferred the Tula. I bought my carriers used, so it helped lower the cost. Do you have a local babywearing group? They sometimes have a library where you can try different carriers. 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 like @Kudlica27 said, try some on if you can. We have an International Babywearing Group here and had a store with lots of them too. I don't recommend trying them on at like a BRU or BBB because in my experience, I've seen the people working there have no clue what they're talking about. Be sure to educate yourself on the proper positions for your child depending on the carrier (especially hip position). I personally use a K'Tan Breeze when they are little and have a Tula for when older/bigger.  I back wore DD when I voted in Nov and she was almost 2.5.  I sweat no matter the time of year I wear them. Babies are little incubators!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @DeansGirl14 definitely try them out if you can. So much of it is personal preference, but do some research on proper hip placement especially if you plan to wear them a lot.  And be prepared to struggle in the beginning. It really requires a lot of practice to get good at wrapping.  I loved the moby in the beginning and the ergo later on. I strapped my son to my back to get any housework done during the day. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    11 Weeks (and 2 days since I'm late posting)
    How big is baby? 
    Lime
    I had a bunch of tests done this week. I took a glucose test Thursday. (I passed) 
    My belly is expanding.  It was tightening today, which means I probably over did it at the gym. My MS has calmed a little. And I am having horrible nursing aversions.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Someone at work told people and one of the ladies yelled congrats down the hall in front of my students. I was beyond pissed. 

how exhausted I am! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the baby carrier info! I will check around for somewhere where I can try them on and get good advice. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fergee3fergee3 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    10 weeks and 4 days 

How big is baby? 
    Lime 

First ultrasound a week from tomorrow! Can't wait! 

Just the same intense nausea with little relief. Can't wait to feel like myself again! 

Rants/raves/questions?
    I used to live in a big city, so my previous pregnancy I had access to a lot of different restaurants and food that I am too far away from now to get. I have been craving Pei Wei pretty much every day and the closest thing I can get is a watered down version of pad Thai at a local restaurant. Not cutting it! 

That I so quickly forgot about the 14 weeks of nausea between my first pregnancy and trying for number two. Good thing, because if I remembered I may have decided to adopt :P jk.