Nurseries and Baby Gear

Window Shades

The baby's room has one large center window and a narrow window on either side, and the side windows are a weird size-- just 17.5" wide. I'm having a terrible time finding affordable cordless blinds in that size, so I'm hoping someone here has had experience with this and can make a recommendation. I was hoping for a roman shade instead of actual blinds, but I think my options will be limited. Thank you in advance, ladies!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

Re: Window Shades

• You can get most blinds custom cut to your specifications at Home Depot or any home improvement store. Find the ones that are closest to your dimensions and then go from there.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Or can you sew? Make your own Roman Shade. There is also tinted window film. We just have blackout lining clipped to a curtain rod over the regular blinds. And have the cords tied up high where DS can't reach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No idea how to sew lol but we may have to go with regular blinds and just tie up the cords. Thanks for the input!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• I would be careful with tinted window film as it can void your windows warranty.
  • All blinds come with instruction to shorten the pull strings.
  • I have had to buy numerous window coverings for our new home. I feel like a pro now. 
    I would totally recommend SelectBlinds.com. I was able to get the shades custom made for our windows (they are all different sizes) and I ordered samples first to see what colors would look best. They are always having great sales, so my husband and I were very happy with the price. 
    We ordered cordless shades so there are no dangerous cords. Highly recommend.