Pregnant after a Loss

Cycles after Miscarriage

Morning ladies,

I'm currently on the TTC after loss board but I have a question of you ladies.... Looking for some hope...with my first daughter we got pregnant first try... In sept. 2016 we said let's try again got pregnant 1st try again unfortunately had a miscarriage early Nov at 8 week...Doctor gave us the go ahead as of December... 2 cycle later still trying...I know that oa not long it is just harder than I thought especially since it happen so fast before....I also feel like everyone around me is pregnant which is so hard... So my question to you ladies is how long after miscarriage did it take till you conceived?.... Have a great day

Re: Cycles after Miscarriage

• Hello, sorry to hear about your loss. The time TTC after a loss is so so stressful :( With my first loss it took 5 cycles, with my second I'm sorry to say it took I think 9 or 10 cycles. We were seriously about to give up TTC and accept that our daughter will be our only child when I got pregnant with this one. However, I have to mention with me I have a chromosome issue that can cause fertility issues and miscarriage, plus I'm older (40 in July, ugh!). Who knew considering I also got pregnant with my daughter and also my first loss right away!
    Wishing you all the luck going through hard time!!!!
  • @Bok Bagok thank you for inf
  • Loading the player...
  • @nalex420 we also got pregnant on our first try, we had a MMC. We got pregnant the first cycle we were allowed to try again and it was chemical. We tried again for 5 cycles naturally and then went to see an RE, I was 36 and didn't feel I could waste much more time. We had 4 failed IUIs before moving to IVF. If you're concerned, definitely talk to your doctor. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Hey there. Sorry for your loss. I'm rather the opposite. It took us 8 cycles to get pregnant the first time, which we lost, and then we conceived this one on the first try after the doctor cleared us to go ahead. But I do know some women take longer to actually ovulate after mc. Do you know for sure you've ovulated yet? Good luck and I hope you get your rainbow soon! 
  • @nalex420 Similarly, the first time DH and I tried the first time I got pregnant immediately (two weeks after removing an IUD that I had in for 5 years). I lost that baby at 12 weeks and was heartbroken. I tried to have a natural miscarriage (let things run their course) but after a month, there was still too much tissue remaining so I had to have a D&C to remove everything else. Afterward, My doctor told me to wait for at least one cycle before trying again and said not to get my hopes up since it usually takes at least 3 cycles to conceive again. I was one of the lucky ones who conceived during my second cycle. Hopefully, this gives you a little hope. Sending T&Ps your way!
  • Sorry for your loss.

Our first pregnancy we were not-not-trying for about a year (probably 3-5 months where the timing was right, but I have irregular cycles and wasn't keeping close track).  I had a mmc at ~9w, which passed naturally on what should have been 12w.  My cycles went back to normal almost immediately, and we started actually trying after the first real period.  Got pregnant the second month trying. (m/c in late-July, conceived again in mid-October, if that makes more sense).

As others have said, there's a lot that goes into fertility as it is, and a miscarriage can change up your cycles, delay ovulation, etc.  Have faith, and if you are concerned, talk to a doctor.  Good luck!
  • I had 2 mc. One in nov at 5 weeks and another the following may at 12 weeks. Took us 7 cycles till we conceived and I'm now 9 weeks. We are leading hard this one sticks. One thing I'll say about my cycles, is I didn't feel they were the same until about two cycles before I conceived again. I know I was ovulating the last couple because I got my blood taken. But my cycles just weren't the same after my MC.
  • 13. We were in the preliminary fact-finding stages of seeing an RE (blood tests, HSG, sperm assessment) when I became pregnant again. I suspect making a few of his advised lifestyle changes did the trick for us (no alcohol, <200mg caffeine, no ibuprofen, moderate exercise), or we just got lucky.
    Pregnancy Ticker